BMR estimate is 3000. I don't want to lose quickly as i'm weighing 172lbs at 5.8" currently.
Just want to shred up a bit for summer and attain a lower bodyfat that I feel comfortable with again.
This is only -300 of BMR, so is a slow cut but that's ideal for me. No major rush here.
This diet has been designed around Layne Norton's cutting diet article (http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-...ting-diet.html)
Low carbs toward evening (bro science is strong here) and majority of carbs based around workout, High protein, moderate fats.
Macro nutrients (roughly)
- Protein - 1.5g for each 1lbs of Bodyweight (40%)
- Fats - (30%)
- Carbs - 30%
Meal one: 53g protein, 24g fat, 42g carbs = 560 calories
3 whole eggs, 200ml whole milk, 1 scoop whey, 1 wholegrain bagel
Meal two (post workout shake): 36g protein, 8g fat = 420 cals
1.5 scoops whey, 400ml whole milk
Meal three (Post workout meal): 37g protein, 8g fat, 60g carbs = 512 cals
175g chicken breast, extra light mayonnaise, 1.2 cup brown rice
Meal four: 40g protein, 13g fat, 47g carbs = 540 cals
175g beef steak, 1 cup brown rice, 200g broccoli
Meal five: 37g protein, 8g fat, 4g carbs = 400 cals
175g chicken breast, olve oil, extra light mayonnaise, 200g broccoli
Meal six: 43g protein, 1.5g fat, 15g carbs = 250 cals
300g cottage cheese tub, 1/2 scoop whey
2680 calories – 246g protein, 62g fat, 168g carbs
- Chicken can be subbed out for Salmon/Cod when cheap to buy
- Cottage cheese can be subbed out for 300ml milk and 1 scoop whey (Protein shake) If I run out of cottage cheese
- broccoli can be subbed out for another green vegitable if I get bored of broccoli
- Not enough carbs perhaps?Seems very low?Have i got the wrong nutrition info for some carb sources?