Thread: My martial art

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Batman44 View Post
    Dale Earnhardt died??
    Seriously? Yes. Years ago.

Maxmilian] I dont think Aikido as a good martial art,,,heck it looks like it is for old , chumps
    In a real fight it will bring you an embarrasing loss and some fractures
    Haha why do you think it's for old chumps?
    "The truth may only be revealed to those who truly seek it. Otherwise, it is lost in the lies."

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Batman44 View Post
    Dale Earnhardt died??

Edit: Sorry about that. Didn't read the next few posts. Personally I have been boxing for ~3 years to build up a little bit of a foundation and just started BJJ and some muay thai. When it comes to how bad the training is, I personally like it. I usually train for around 3 hours a day (Call it overtraining but I personally think theres no such thing as overtraining when it comes to training for any in ring sport) and have also thrown up numerous times from it but after the training you feel like a beast. After about half an hour you pretty much crash though. But I don't think I've got much of a say in this considering I can't get into my first fight until September. (Thats when I'm turning 16) So far I haven't gone past a few 5 minute sparring rounds every few days. Cept yeah, I think Expats got the best advice out there since he sounds like a veteran.
    Thanks for the input Batman, sounds like you're enjoying it so far. Good luck!
    "The truth may only be revealed to those who truly seek it. Otherwise, it is lost in the lies."

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Haha why do you think it's for old chumps?
    Those are my exact thoughts.
    "Fear causes hesitation and when you hesitate, it will cause your worst fears to come true"

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

You could learn Aikido and be like steven seagal and take out 8 armed opponets with your bare hands.
    "Fear causes hesitation and when you hesitate, it will cause your worst fears to come true"

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Haha why do you think it's for old chumps?[/QUOTE]

not too much action
    "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Quote Originally Posted by rambo483 View Post
    You could learn Aikido and be like steven seagal and take out 8 armed opponets with your bare hands.
    Akido isn't for old chumps, I work with 4th Dan at some form of Akido. I'm bigger younger, stronger and fitter than him. He kicks my arse every time we train, and there is nothing I can do about it. Pretty handy however when our van turns up to a public order incident though.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by oakbark View Post
    Akido isn't for old chumps, I work with 4th Dan at some form of Akido. I'm bigger younger, stronger and fitter than him. He kicks my arse every time we train, and there is nothing I can do about it. Pretty handy however when our van turns up to a public order incident though.
    I am impresseed
    now I see it ina different light
    and..
    YOu know steven seagal??
    "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by oakbark View Post
    I rest my case.

And Max, step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath... now don't you feel better? Steven Seagal is to aikido what Mike Tyson (right now) to boxing. Yes at one time they trained and were good but right now, they're an embarassment and not to be used to judge the larger community of practitioners.
    We have the technology, we can rebuild him, make him faster, stronger, better than before...

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Ok to the original poster: if you are going to learn one fighting system Brazilian jiu jitsu (submission grappling) is the way to go. now if you are dead set on taking a stand up style like muay thai or regular boxing be sure you know how to wrestle since it is imperative that you keep the fight standing. Most street fights end up on the ground and that is where jiu jitsu reigns supreme. But just know it is easy to take the fight to the ground and hurt them badly if your opponent is not schooled on the intricacies of ground fighting and you practice jiu jitsu. This has all been settled anyway by a family called the Gracies. just do a youtube search on them. they would take on any stand up fighter and win every time. here is one video to watch. this is a bjj black belt vs an excellent kung fu kickboxer named jason delucia. watch how easy the bjj practitioner wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN6PvPCrStI

Lady Lake CrossFit Owner bbaker352's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

It doesnt matter what discipline you train in... pick one you like and become the best in it... How good you become (or how dangerous, however you want to look at it) is strickly up to you! Put your hands on a good Judo guy and he will bust your butt... wrap your arms around a Jujitsu guy and he will break them... try to stand and fight with a kick boxer/Muay Thai and you will loose... Try to learn them all at once and you wont be worth a $#@* at any!!!
    Its taken me over 16 years to get 4 under my belt.... My first 6 were nothing but Kodokan Judo. Just my 1 cent (not worth 2...lol).
    Bryan
    "You will learn by the numbers. I will teach you!"

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by bbaker352 View Post
    It doesnt matter what discipline you train in... pick one you like and become the best in it... How good you become (or how dangerous, however you want to look at it) is strickly up to you! Put your hands on a good Judo guy and he will bust your butt... wrap your arms around a Jujitsu guy and he will break them... try to stand and fight with a kick boxer/Muay Thai and you will loose... Try to learn them all at once and you wont be worth a $#@* at any!!!
    Its taken me over 16 years to get 4 under my belt.... My first 6 were nothing but Kodokan Judo. Just my 1 cent (not worth 2...lol).
    quoted for truth...really he is correct. so long as you are trained in something legit ie. bjj, judo, muay thai, boxing...you will be fine in a street fight. now you said that a guy put a knife to your throat, no martial art is going to defend that usually. for that situation i recommend a .40 caliber. lol

Lady Lake CrossFit Owner bbaker352's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

See, this is where I would disagree (knife to the throat thing)....lol

A. If you pull a knife on me, while its on the way to my throat, Im either going to take it away from you or make YOU stab yourself with it. Either way, you would have been better off NOT to have pulled a knife because Im going to be really ****ed off...lol.
    B. "If" you got the knife to my throat, I've already lost... and need more training!!!
    Bryan
    "You will learn by the numbers. I will teach you!"

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Yeah.Ive been to like Expos and stuff and the guy I was talking about earlier(The one who studies Aikido) was pretty amazing.Aikido uses your opponets inertia and body weight for stuff like throws and joint locks and what not.But you said you didnt want to do it because "there wasnt much action".Whats does it matter if a couple people come up to you with knives,do you want to live or look good when you get killed.Know what I mean ? You could learn Hapkido its like aikido ( see the pattern ?? ) but with more striking.Am I right ??

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by westvaboi View Post
    quoted for truth...really he is correct. so long as you are trained in something legit ie. bjj, judo, muay thai, boxing...you will be fine in a street fight. now you said that a guy put a knife to your throat, no martial art is going to defend that usually. for that situation i recommend a .40 caliber. lol
    Stopping power of a .45 kick back of a 9mm right?

was looking at a .40 cal Glock if i ever did get a hand gun.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Learning real ninjustu will be alot harder than learning some fancy moves. Being a ninja you must learn to blend into the enviroment, art of deception, stealth, assasianation, and fighting is only about 10% of being a ninja. I would recomend Krav Maga and Kajukenbo as its a straight forward as it gets. Stay away from Wu Shu no offense but it doesn't work in the real world. Jeet kune do would be good to learn as its alot better than Wu shu, because Bruce Lee(one of my icons) took out all the unnecary things out of it. What ever art you pursue better invest into it as the saying goes "you only get as much as you put in".

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by BolanRox View Post
    Stopping power of a .45 kick back of a 9mm right?

was looking at a .40 cal Glock if i ever did get a hand gun.
    Its so mental that you can just buy guns over there lol

Ive got a samurai sword at home and they want to make those illegal let alone a fookin glock!
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Its so mental that you can just buy guns over there lol

Ive got a samurai sword at home and they want to make those illegal let alone a fookin glock!
    Well its not like you can just go to the walmart and pick one up, well acutally you can do that with rifles in some places.. bad point..

The rate things are going over here it wouldnt shock me if they tried to make them illegal to own. Its a trade off you guys get state sponsored health care, so I think you guys are coming out on top