MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Forearm pain tendons or muscle

Looking for advice on this or if you have any treatment ideas or exercises i could try.
    Well its been 3 weeks since ive lifted any weights due to this i figured its best to stop and let it heal for awhile before i mess something up. The pain is in the lower part of the forearm right by the bone in the elbow. Issues im having are forearm always seems to be flexed even when not,and sore when touched.I can still grab things like normal with a good grip just hurt to so. As of today the pain in the forearm is pretty much gone but the bone in my elbow is still there.I did some searching and think i might have found what i have,its Golfers elbow. Ive had most of the symptoms,Have done some stretching exercises and icing it but the bone is still hurting.

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/heal.../golfers-elbow

Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Gandhi

Rather the pain of discipline, than the pain of regret. - Bob Andrews

“Never stop. One stops as soon as something is about to happen.” Peter Brock

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

Hmm...why do you think you have golfer's elbow? When did you get this? What caused the soreness? What reduces it? Your age? You work?

By answering the questions we may be able to point you to either the right exercises or a professional for further assessment.

Keep us posted!
    A home gym consisting of Bowflex Power-Pro XTL and power blocks(5-90). Also been working out consistently at a community center-JCC since November of 2014. Nice to have the home gym to fall back on off days.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

While i was looking for remedies i came across golfers elbow and the article mentioned all the issues i was having,Basically im just guessing on this is what my problem is.Didnt think its tennis elbow as its on the top part of the arm.That medial epicondyle is exactly what hurts as of today,its almost like i banged that part of my arm against something and its bruised.
    I've had this for a little over 5 weeks or so
    Not really sure what caused this
    One day I was lifting and the next morning i could feel the forearm tightening etc.
    Havent found anything that really reduces the pain sometimes if i bend the elbow it hurts,if i straighten my arm i can feel the muscles stretching.
    age 34
    I work in a office environment lift boxes occasionally.
    The word pain,I use loosely as its more of a discomfort then pain.
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Gandhi

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

OK- so lets try some stretches and see what the effect on your forearm is. First bend your elbow and while bent bend wrist forward. Hold the wrist forward and slowly straighten your arm at your elbow, and hold the position for 15-30 seconds. What do you feel? Try the same stretch with the wrist extended. What do you feel? Does this change after performing 3x?

Keep us posted.
    A home gym consisting of Bowflex Power-Pro XTL and power blocks(5-90). Also been working out consistently at a community center-JCC since November of 2014. Nice to have the home gym to fall back on off days.

Lady Lake CrossFit Owner bbaker352's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    OK- so lets try some stretches and see what the effect on your forearm is. First bend your elbow and while bent bend wrist forward. Hold the wrist forward and slowly straighten your arm at your elbow, and hold the position for 15-30 seconds. What do you feel? Try the same stretch with the wrist extended. What do you feel? Does this change after performing 3x?

Keep us posted.
    Rep+.
    I dont think you get rep'd enough yitmy for all the great advice you give...
    Bryan
    "You will learn by the numbers. I will teach you!"

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

With my wrist bent forward "facing me" i didnt feel much of anything felt normal,everything felt nice and smooth.
    With my wrist extended " fingers pointing down" with arm out,I could feel tension in my forearm like it had resistance,this was about half way extended.When arm is fully out I feel pressure on the bone.

thanks for your help.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

So palm facing you and you feel nothing but with the back of your hand facing you, you feel a stretch. Right?