MEMBER LOGIN

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: boxing

  1. #1
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Nov 2008
    • Posts
      12
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Question boxing

    i have been doin boxing and muay thai for a couple of months now and i am trying to work out what workouts and training routines i should be doing. i want to get a bit bigger and build some more muscle and tone up but without losing speed. how do you guys sugest i do that. along with the right diet to speed up the process

  2. #2
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Nov 2008
    • Posts
      12
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    ohh and i forgot to mention i am only 14 years of age but very big for my age. i am like 6ft 2

  3. #3
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Nov 2008
    • Posts
      12
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    anyone???

  4. #4
    Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Aug 2008
    • Posts
      20,733
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      Orkney Islands
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      1,283,917,595
    • Rep Power
      12,839,290

    Default

    I don't know a whole lot about the training routines for 14 year olds, so I'd suggest you take a look at the Workout section (top of page); there is a piece in their that covers teenage training. It may even be enough to allow you to gain both the strength and the bulk that you need without losing the speed.

    The sensible way to not lose speed, is to monitor how much you bulk, too much and it will slow you down. Keep doing sport specific training in the sports that you are interested in (or currently doing), and do your strength/cardio training alongside it. You need to decide how many days, and which days, you can spare for the training in order to fit it around your other schedule.

    As for diet, it's pretty much the same for any sport, eat healthily, and eat enough. There is a Diet & Nutrition section (at the top of page) that will help; and then use the BMR calculator (also found on site) to calculate calorie intake required. That should help initially; then use the search button, to find related articles/posts on martial arts, there are a few on the forum at present.

    Hope that's of some help
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg

  5. #5
    M&S Power User bucko91's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jun 2007
    • Posts
      1,567
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Liverpool
    • Reputation
      16,528,620
    • Rep Power
      165,306

    Default

    Hey

    since your doing boxing and muay tai you will be needing a muscle endurance training schedule but due to your age realistically your boxing AND muay thai traning should be more than suffice at the age of 14 i did boxing 4-5 times a week and i was fhecked enough off that so just a hint if your not tired from your boxing and muay thai your not working yourself hard enough in your sessions so my advice to you is get stuck in with your training now if your serious about it and worry about weights and what not when your older just get yourself a good solid diet and please drink more than suffice water since your going to be doing a lot of hard work in those sports so eat well drink well and train smartly and youll be good to go
    96 Never Forgotten
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    When you feel like giving up, remember why you kept on for so long

  6. #6
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Nov 2008
    • Posts
      12
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Yeppoon, Qld, Australia
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bucko91 View Post
    Hey

    since your doing boxing and muay tai you will be needing a muscle endurance training schedule but due to your age realistically your boxing AND muay thai traning should be more than suffice at the age of 14 i did boxing 4-5 times a week and i was fhecked enough off that so just a hint if your not tired from your boxing and muay thai your not working yourself hard enough in your sessions so my advice to you is get stuck in with your training now if your serious about it and worry about weights and what not when your older just get yourself a good solid diet and please drink more than suffice water since your going to be doing a lot of hard work in those sports so eat well drink well and train smartly and youll be good to go
    ye thanks heaps thats some good advice. i probably dont drink enough water so have to drink more of that so then i should be able to train harder and for longer. im doing heaps of cardio now too so i should be gettin pretty fit soon aye.

  7. #7
    M&S Power User bucko91's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jun 2007
    • Posts
      1,567
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Liverpool
    • Reputation
      16,528,620
    • Rep Power
      165,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brocko View Post
    ye thanks heaps thats some good advice. i probably dont drink enough water so have to drink more of that so then i should be able to train harder and for longer. im doing heaps of cardio now too so i should be gettin pretty fit soon aye.
    I wouldnt advise Overkilling the cardio your amateur so tkae time to sort technique out before you go racing off with your aerobic and anerobic fitness that will all come with time your trainer will start telling you to get some roadwork in when he feels you need it, if hes a smart man and he thinks your serious about training he'll be your best friend in teh gym, he'll tell you what to do and when to do it if hes good and honest he wont lead you astray but if he thinks your there just to pass time or for a laugh dont expect much in return so get stuck in and youll progress alot faster

    Good luck
    96 Never Forgotten
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    When you feel like giving up, remember why you kept on for so long

  8. #8
    Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Join Date
      Nov 2007
    • Posts
      2,411
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Indonesia
    • Reputation
      28,289,901
    • Rep Power
      282,923

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by bucko91 View Post
    I wouldnt advise Overkilling the cardio your amateur so tkae time to sort technique out before you go racing off with your aerobic and anerobic fitness that will all come with time your trainer will start telling you to get some roadwork in when he feels you need it, if hes a smart man and he thinks your serious about training he'll be your best friend in teh gym, he'll tell you what to do and when to do it if hes good and honest he wont lead you astray but if he thinks your there just to pass time or for a laugh dont expect much in return so get stuck in and youll progress alot faster

    Good luck
    Rock solid effing advice mate.
    We have the technology, we can rebuild him, make him faster, stronger, better than before...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. First Day (Boxing)
    By Nyghtbringer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
  2. Boxing
    By rony in forum Boxing/MMA Training
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
  3. Boxing
    By rony in forum For Your Sport
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
  4. Boxing
    By Scrutiny in forum For Your Sport
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 10:02 PM
  5. Boxing
    By iforwms in forum For Your Sport
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •