MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Default Fedor needs to sign with UFC period

They have come so close many times but the deal never got sealed.

I dont know what Fedor is waiting for, i mean UFC is the only big MMA company still alive, everyone else has crumbled.

Quit sad because i was and still am a big Pride FC fan, the new Dream is not doing so well.

Affliction is going to go bankrup in a few months for sure, i mean they put on a second PPV with a super fight card and could only sale 700 tickets for there second event??? whats the deal here?

UFC is the WWE of MMA, and same has WWE who bough and crushed the competition the UFC will do the same.

I would love to see Fedor get a free lunch in the UFC because i dont think that no heavyweight there could give him a run for is money, he is much faster the Brock Lesner, and Randy Couture. Randy has some fight left in him for sure and for a 45 year old he still look amazing but lets face it Lesner was way to big for him.

Fedor beat Tim Sylvia in less then a minute at Affliction Banned, now with that speed i am sure he could knockout Lesner has well.

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

I am not sure that Fedor doesn't hold all the aces in negotiation, he is massive in Russia, a real hero, and widely regarded as one if not the best fighter in the world. He doesn't want to sign up to UFC and the restrictive contract they insist on and he doesn't need UFC either, if they want to play ball he can insist he does on his terms, whatever he does he is worshiped in his country. UFC need Fedor to legitimise their Heavyweight title.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
    - Archie Griffen

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

UFC need Fedor to legitimise their Heavyweight title.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right ....... I am a huge Fedor fan but signing with the UFC wont happen. My thoughts are however that the heavyweights are overtaking him as they did Tim Sylvia and Arlovski (Arlovski possibly will rise again because after defeats he always comes back improved) ..... I feel that after watching Frank Mir beat (and really BEAT) Nogueira with amazing stand up (he already has amazing ground skills), he weights 255 comfortably that he will show Lesnar he still has a long way to go and will be the future of the heavyweight UFC division for the next 2-3 years.

i also think its a matter of time before we see the heavyweights split into too 205-265 is just too big a difference ......
    Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery !

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by colin61 View Post
    UFC need Fedor to legitimise their Heavyweight title.
    Exactly right ....... I am a huge Fedor fan but signing with the UFC wont happen. My thoughts are however that the heavyweights are overtaking him as they did Tim Sylvia and Arlovski (Arlovski possibly will rise again because after defeats he always comes back improved) ..... I feel that after watching Frank Mir beat (and really BEAT) Nogueira with amazing stand up (he already has amazing ground skills), he weights 255 comfortably that he will show Lesnar he still has a long way to go and will be the future of the heavyweight UFC division for the next 2-3 years.

i also think its a matter of time before we see the heavyweights split into too 205-265 is just too big a difference ......[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, but Lesnar is going to toss Mir. Even though Mir is talented, he isn't as strong as Lesnar. Lesnar's stand up is still much better than Mir's just because of his knock out power that Mir simply doesn't have.

Even though Fedor is dominant standing, if Lesnar took him down it would be good night for Fedor.
    Currently: Bulking
    Current Weight ~ 158
    Goal Weight - 160
    BF% = 12%
    Cutting After - Goal BF = 8%

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Fedor would drop every heavyweight in the UFC in seconds.

Because Dana White chooses who goes into the UFC its incredibly biased, which sucks for good competition.
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by stonerocks21 View Post

i also think its a matter of time before we see the heavyweights split into too 205-265 is just too big a difference ......
    Sorry, but Lesnar is going to toss Mir. Even though Mir is talented, he isn't as strong as Lesnar. Lesnar's stand up is still much better than Mir's just because of his knock out power that Mir simply doesn't have.

Even though Fedor is dominant standing, if Lesnar took him down it would be good night for Fedor.[/QUOTE]

I hope your joking when you say Lesnar would beat Fedor...
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post

Even though Fedor is dominant standing, if Lesnar took him down it would be good night for Fedor.
    I hope your joking when you say Lesnar would beat Fedor...[/QUOTE]
    agreed - i didn't write that - it got messed up in the quote! I was actually saying that guy was wrong...scroll up a few posts haha
    Current Weight ~ 158
    Goal Weight - 160
    BF% = 12%

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Lesnar beating Fedor? hahah your too funny bro

i love fedor's style calm but not cocky calm
    "The worst thing I could be is just like everyone else."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Age- 16/Ht-5'10/Wt- 205lbs/Bf- 10.4%/Bench-385lbs/Squat-405lbs :]
    Work hard,Sacrifice everything, Keep looking up

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Chuck Norris would stomp a mud hole in fedor.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules212 View Post
    Lesnar beating Fedor? hahah your too funny bro

i love fedor's style calm but not cocky calm
    If Lesnar took him down he could never get up!
    Current Weight ~ 158
    Goal Weight - 160
    BF% = 12%

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

I hope your joking when you say Lesnar would beat Fedor...[/QUOTE]

No reason to think why Lesnar can't beat Fedor. Stop the Fedor worship because he ain't proved nothing in the UFC.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Fedor would drop every heavyweight in the UFC in seconds.

Because Dana White chooses who goes into the UFC its incredibly biased, which sucks for good competition.
    He would have a very hard time with Lesner, in fact i would predict Lesner to win the fight.

Lesner is not just a big guy with no brains, look at how he won against Mir, chest to chest and GnP, how could Fedor get a huge 265 pounder off him? Lesner would control the ground game and knock out Fedor.

I dont see Fedor getting a takedown against Lesner, and he would not be able to flurry punch him like he did to Tim Sylvia, Lesner can stand and strike, look at how he beat Couture has well.

I respect Fedor for what he has done in MMA so far he is a legend has beaten everyone, but CroCop, Nog and the rest did not have the power Lesner has.

Fedor should have signed with UFC, instead he got a 3 fight deal with Strikeforce for an easy paycheck, if you truly beleive that Werdum, Brett Rogers and Overeem can actually be a treat to Fedor?

Fedor is unknown to most American fans... where the real $$$ is at, he had a chance to get famous and known by everybody signing with UFC, after all not all MMA fan or UFC base fan know Fedor and is legendary fights in Pride, even worst bodog fight and Afflication.

Lets just hope that at some point he will awake and sign with UFC.
    Last edited by yannick35; 08-16-2009 at 05:57 PM.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    He would have a very hard time with Lesner, in fact i would predict Lesner to win the fight.
    Agreed! As much as I dont like Lesnar for his antics at the end of the Frank Mir fight, he would present a very big problem for Fedor. I just hope Fedor signs with UFC, cuz I heard something about Dana White screwing something up and it could be delayed or something.
    Leave for BCT January 5, 2011!!!!!
    Time to kick it in the @$$.

2 weeks left and counting.............................

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by kds48 View Post
    Agreed! As much as I dont like Lesnar for his antics at the end of the Frank Mir fight, he would present a very big problem for Fedor. I just hope Fedor signs with UFC, cuz I heard something about Dana White screwing something up and it could be delayed or something.
    Lesner is all about entertainment, he doesnt care about the fans, he wants to make $$$, show is talent and you know what its fine by me.

I dont care about Lesner, i want to be entertained, yeah i am impress by this guy and want to see how far he is going to go, after all most people said he would not make it in MMA because he is an ex pro wrestler.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

What I find most impressive with UFC is 2 men kick the **** out of one another, and still at the end of the fight they go up hug and congradulate one another. When I look at lesnar I dont see that. After losing to Frank the first time I dont even know if he shook his hand. After the GSP vs. Thiago Alves fight, Thiago went up to GSP and raised his hand in the air, thats true sportsmanship.
    Leave for BCT January 5, 2011!!!!!
    Time to kick it in the @$$.

2 weeks left and counting.............................

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by kds48 View Post
    What I find most impressive with UFC is 2 men kick the **** out of one another, and still at the end of the fight they go up hug and congradulate one another. When I look at lesnar I dont see that. After losing to Frank the first time I dont even know if he shook his hand. After the GSP vs. Thiago Alves fight, Thiago went up to GSP and raised his hand in the air, thats true sportsmanship.
    Yes but you didnt ear all the trash talking that Mir did before there fight. This is why Lesner got back at him after winning.

Same with Heath Herring, Heath said that Lesner was a joke, he got bang real hard in the fight and Lesner laught at him afterward.

Coming Up The Ranks pumpupthevolum's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Fedor is known as a legend how he is now. If he fought in the UFC, regardless of pay his reputation would be crippled. There is no way that Fedor could beat Lesnar, or Mir, or Cane Velazquez in my own opinion.

Just to show you an example of how much more competitive the UFC is than Strikeforce:

Babalou Sobral was the light heavy weight champion for strike force. Now, he lost to Chuck Liddell twice, who lost to Rashad Evans once, who lost to Lyoto Machida. If you are with me here, I'm just trying to say that the competition is so much greater in UFC, that a Strikeforce champion is no where on the level of a UFC champion.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pumpupthevolum View Post
    Ho my god that is so funny .. LMAO
    ON gold standard, Animal Pump pre workout complex, Animal Flex joint support, Animal Omega EFA stack, ZMA.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Seven92 View Post
    Fedor is known as a legend how he is now. If he fought in the UFC, regardless of pay his reputation would be crippled. There is no way that Fedor could beat Lesnar, or Mir, or Cane Velazquez in my own opinion.

Just to show you an example of how much more competitive the UFC is than Strikeforce:

Babalou Sobral was the light heavy weight champion for strike force. Now, he lost to Chuck Liddell twice, who lost to Rashad Evans once, who lost to Lyoto Machida. If you are with me here, I'm just trying to say that the competition is so much greater in UFC, that a Strikeforce champion is no where on the level of a UFC champion.
    You cannot go on theses statments Babalu just lost to Musasi via GNP.

Don't forget that Fedor fought the best and beat the best in Pride, he got tested 100%, almost all of is fights where easy.

Fedor Vs Mir, Fedor would come out on top, don't worry is stand up is really good has well.

Has for Velazquez, he has a lot to prove before i can say he is that good, yeah he kept Kongo on the ground for the whole 3 rounds last time, but when they stood up Kongo almost KOed him.

Fact of the matter is that MMA is so unpredictable, upsets due happen, sometimes lucky punches, mistakes look at the first GSP vs Serra fight.

The only sure thing i can say is that if Fedor did the move to UFC Lesner would have beaten him, Velazquez no way, and Mir no way.

Its only a 3 fight deal with StrikeForce so after that another round of negotiation will happen for sure and we will see then.

Crocop signed a 3 fight deal with Dream right after is awful bout against Al Turk (Which he should have been disqualified for after a poke in the eye), the UFC made him a great deal and Crocop is back in the UFC, still far from the Crocop we know i am sure that is new run in UFC will suck has much has is first run.
    ON gold standard, Animal Pump pre workout complex, Animal Flex joint support, Animal Omega EFA stack, ZMA.

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I did say that Babalu "was" not "is" the champ.

Mostly of Fedor's victories as I'm looking at now are not near as impressive compared to other fighters at the top of the UFC. Yes, Fedor beat Mark Coleman, and Nogiera, but you can't exactly say he beat them in their primes.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Seven92 View Post
    Yes, Fedor beat Mark Coleman, and Nogiera, but you can't exactly say he beat them in their primes.
    Yeah actually you can.
    Ok, arguably mark coleman had been around a while, but at the first time he fought fedor in pride he was still a relavent fighter.
    Nogueira was undoubtly in his prime. Before fighting fedor he had only one loss on his record out of 22 fights and was currently on a 12 fight win streak. I'm not sure you can find 1 single ufc fighter currently with a 12 fight win streak. Also I would like to point out that at the time he was only 27 years old.

• Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Other

Quote Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
    Yeah actually you can.
    Ok, arguably mark coleman had been around a while, but at the first time he fought fedor in pride he was still a relavent fighter.
    Nogueira was undoubtly in his prime. Before fighting fedor he had only one loss on his record out of 22 fights and was currently on a 12 fight win streak. I'm not sure you can find 1 single ufc fighter currently with a 12 fight win streak. Also I would like to point out that at the time he was only 27 years old.

IMO Fedor Emelianenko is one of the greatest MMA fighters EVER! His loss was due to a gash above his eye caused by an illegal move. I cannot see how that is considered a loss, but whatever.
    Tommy (TMAX)

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results" --Albert Einstein

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

the reason why that was counted as a loss and not a no contest is that it was in a tournament in which someone HAD to move on. fedor could not because of the cut.