MEMBER LOGIN

Thread: Online Dating

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

Default Online Dating

Anyone try it yet? Joined an online dating site last month and have come to the conclusion that this is the way of the future. Here is my reasoning:

The majority men have too much of an ego to do the online dating thing.

Those who aren't egotistical are desperate and think that online is their only hope. This is 1/3 of the men online.

The other 2/3 think that women who are online are desperate and are just looking for sex. THey send nasty emails with photos of their...barbell.

Most women I've met online are sick of meeting tools in person. Online dating means they can preview their matches.

Here is where I come in. Having just moved to LA, I've been focusing on working and making friends rather than meeting women. I joined the dating site to make the process of meeting people a little easier. They are on the site for a reason. Work smarter, not harder, right?

Anyway, I've gone out with three different women that I met online. Guess what? All mentioned how much more of a gentleman I am. Plus, my dates and I really get along.

Those of you who are suspicious: don't be. Seriously, this is the way of the future. It's so easy to meet women who actually mean something to you. I can pass on the url of the site I joined.
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Well I find it real easy to meet women in any setting, I don't think online dating is the way of the future in any way, alot of my female friends have tried it & say there are more tools online than out in the real world, maybe thats because they are ok with rejection from a computer screen & a percentage of these tool guys are too gutless to approach women in person.

I can understand where your coming from though, I guess it would be tough moving to a new city & not knowing anyone, but there are better ways than meeting people online.
    HEY! Do You Need a Great Ab Workout? Try My Personal Routine its Like Doing Crunches in an ELECTRICAL STORM!!! Your Abs Will be Made of Lightning !!!REAL LIGHTNING!!!
    Or Maybe You Seek More Knowledge? Check in & Post Regularly & Eventually You'll be as Smart as DOUG! You'll Type as Fast as DOUG! Members Will See Your Rep & Post Count & Think You are DOUG! You'll Have Debates in Threads With the Actual DOUG! Until the Time Comes That we Get sick of You & Deport you Back to !!!DOUGLAND!!!
    Remember Here at Muscle & Strength We are 100% NATURAL!!! So if You Want to Discuss illegal & Banned Substances We Will All Say F@$K YOU! and Kick You in the Face With our !!!ENERGY LEGS!!!

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by DannyDspec View Post
    Well I find it real easy to meet women in any setting, I don't think online dating is the way of the future in any way, alot of my female friends have tried it & say there are more tools online than out in the real world, maybe thats because they are ok with rejection from a computer screen & a percentage of these tool guys are too gutless to approach women in person.

I can understand where your coming from though, I guess it would be tough moving to a new city & not knowing anyone, but there are better ways than meeting people online.
    See what I mean? I think that's the attitude that's really holding it back. You're entitled to your opinion of course (and I see your point as well). Being out in LA I've met plenty of tools in person (in the gym no less!!!) and seen as many online.

I see it almost as a matter of efficiency. I can send ten emails in ten minutes. Rarely do I get that chance in person. We use the net for discussions (forums?), social networking, business networking, why not dating?
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Essence of Elegance NicoSuave32's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

everybody lies on there profile on those things
    Current Weight : 204 lbs
    BF%: N/A Goal: Prepping for show this Saturday Nov. 7th

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

One of my friends whos an absolute player, swears by online dating sites. He picks up at least 1 new girl a week.

I dont think its lame or whatever, if you pullin the womin then go for it.
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    One of my friends whos an absolute player, swears by online dating sites. He picks up at least 1 new girl a week.

I dont think its lame or whatever, if you pullin the womin then go for it.
    Three dates this week for me. I'm completely converted.
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

I see your point, it does make meeting people kind of more convenient. You don't have to worry about closing time or getting stuck in traffic, etc... but just remember that most people lie online and you may not find out about it until it's too late. But then again, that is true about people whether in person or online.
    Another problem is that if all you do is meet people online, one might not seize an opportunity if is presents itself in real life and vice versa. There are definate pros and cons. People once thought of it as a fad that would soon pass, but I think online "dating" is here to stay. It's the same as using the personals in the paper before there was an internet (thank you Al Gore!) Bottom line is, if that's how you're comfortable meeting people then go for it. More power to ya. Just be careful as to which dating site you use. There have been stories about scams people run just to get money.
    Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against dating sites, after all, it's how my fiancee and I met. I was in a situation similar to yourself, in a new place not knowing anyone or what there was to do in the area, besides driving an hour and a half to NYC. Now mind you, I don't have much of a problem meeting people, I am just not into the bar and club scenes because I don't like to stink of cigarettes and I'm not big on the drinking and driving thing. I don't like to mix my work life with my personal life and I made some friends almost immediately that I can hang out with whenever the mood strikes. I had a few dates with some women I met around town. I realized that I was only picking women I found physically sexy, but not meeting any mental or emotional needs. I realized if I spent more than a few hours with them, I would have to kill and eat them.
    I joined a dating site to meet women who interested me mentally but the first few women were total tools. I met my fiancee, had the most amazing first date of my life and here we are, getting married in a year and a half.
    I hope you have the luck with it that I did. But, as with everything else in life just be careful.
    Last edited by scorpionusa; 12-20-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    "Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit. Give everything you got today for tomorrow may never come."
    Dan Gable

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

The idea seems cool but I mean when they give their profile they could say things that aren't true about them to get others to like them or go for them just like in person. It just seems shady.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

No offense meant to those who use this as their source of dating.. but I am a minor, already disqualified from using a dating site.. using a dating site to try to get some from older chicks.. its worked before, so that is also another thing to consider before bashing the internet.. the internet is just a tool, the same way money is.
    Squat 2.1x BW Squat, 1.75xBW Bench Press, 2.5xBW Deadlift (425/350/500)
    205 lbs @7%

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

i dont know i think i am good on the whole online dating thing i have had bad experinces with it

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

There are ALOT of tools out there and I think I dated most of them back in the day. I'm from the dark ages- I meet my hubby through an ad in the newspaper. Yes, before there was a computer there was a thing called a newspaper. I was in Tacoma WA and knew noone but my brother who I was sent to live with when my Mom died when I was 17. Well, I was older-21- had been on dates with his Army Ranger buddies, who were not very truthful either. They use to lie about being married, having a girlfriend in another state etc. So figured I could meet some guys through the personal ads. I did go on lots of dates, meet lots of jerks and liars but not really anymore than I did through the club scene. But I did meet my perfect husband. We have been together over 12 years and have a wonderful marriage.
    With online dating you do have to take it with a grain of salt, but it is a great resource to meet more people. Increase the odds a little. The way I see it, they may lie on their profile about looks and stuff but what girl/guy at the club tells you the truth? You may see right away what they are physically- but you never know when you will meet a crazy inside.
    "The miracle wasn't that I finished; the miralce was that I had the courage to start"

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
    The idea seems cool but I mean when they give their profile they could say things that aren't true about them to get others to like them or go for them just like in person. It just seems shady.
    I dont really see what the drama is with people lying online, blokes tell lies to get girls in person, so online its no different.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
    - Archie Griffen

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Which dating sites are the most honest and largest now? How to find?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

most honest - don't exist

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Mastem View Post
    Which dating sites are the most honest and largest now? How to find?
    There are different dating sites. What have you tried? I'm not sure what site I know is the biggest. But I know that there are a lot of fake accounts of girls on such sites. The most honest seemed to me this https://www.flirt.com/ service. At least from those that I have tried. Yes, it is much easier for me to meet girls online than in reality.
    Last edited by Xatmo; 06-30-2019 at 10:37 AM.