MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Lightbulb Kinetic Linking (Punching Power!)

Take a look at this video and then you will understand the power of Kinetic Linking.
    Its a nice visual of a boxing punch (which rated as the hardest hand strike of the martial arts tested..no surprise):

http://break.com/index/anatomy-of-a-...knock-out.html

The main point is it visually shows that a good boxing punch starts at your feet (not at your fist as it seems many people think), and the whole concept of kinetic linking is nicely shown in the graphic (i.e that power comes from your hips and legs, not from bigger biceps).

Now watch it in action = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z47Fvq3mkE
    Last edited by BigMan; 03-11-2009 at 11:16 PM.
    Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all.
    ~Ouallada

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

^^^ He's learning.
    We have the technology, we can rebuild him, make him faster, stronger, better than before...

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

very cool, not for the dummie, or the guys gettin knocked the f out
    The 2nd Amendment.... A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    June 2012 Log of the Month

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

It is under one circumstance... when one of your students finally gets you. That's the only time its cool to get tagged.
    We have the technology, we can rebuild him, make him faster, stronger, better than before...

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Expat68 View Post
    It is under one circumstance... when one of your students finally gets you. That's the only time its cool to get tagged.
    And the worst time is wen u spar ur trainer hu is an Ex golden gloves and Aba winner and u tag him a few times relli good and make him look abit of a fool cos hes tryna help u out then he just thumps u to the solar plexis n u just sit down and gasp for air....
    96 Never Forgotten
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    When you feel like giving up, remember why you kept on for so long

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Quote Originally Posted by Expat68 View Post
    ^^^ He's learning.
    Thank you

Welcome back, how was your trip?
    Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all.
    ~Ouallada

Seasoned M&S Veteran
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by bucko91 View Post
    And the worst time is wen u spar ur trainer hu is an Ex golden gloves and Aba winner and u tag him a few times relli good and make him look abit of a fool cos hes tryna help u out then he just thumps u to the solar plexis n u just sit down and gasp for air....
    Yes, there is that.

Still on the trip from hell, using the wireless at the conference to keep from snoring aloud.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Exclamation Warning: Hands must be wrapped at all times or injury will accrue!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    Take a look at this video and then you will understand the power of Kinetic Linking.
    Its a nice visual of a boxing punch (which rated as the hardest hand strike of the martial arts tested..no surprise):

http://break.com/index/anatomy-of-a-...knock-out.html

The main point is it visually shows that a good boxing punch starts at your feet (not at your fist as it seems many people think), and the whole concept of kinetic linking is nicely shown in the graphic (i.e that power comes from your hips and legs, not from bigger biceps).

Now watch it in action = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z47Fvq3mkE
    To properly use the principles of Kinetic Linking and Leverage, the hands must be protected with adequate covering. You may refer to these links for a deeper explanation of the various protection available and a demonstration video on hand wrapping.

Boxing Hand Protection and a basic introduction (thanks Bucko)
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...cs-boxing.html

Boxing Hand Wrapping Video and an awesome boxing resource link (thanks Expat)
    Video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ipisEvet0

Hand Wrapping Link = http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm
    Main Resource Page = http://www.rossboxing.com/

I've also included a pictorial diagram that can be printed and used for reference offline.
    Last edited by BigMan; 03-14-2009 at 11:48 PM.
    ~Ouallada

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Lightbulb Sweet Science

KINESIOLOGY:

Kinesiology is the study of human motion and looks at the muscles and joint actions as it applies to sport skill and technique. It allows us to understand and describe movements, key actions necessary for efficient movement, what muscles do what in the performance of the sport skill, and basically everything that involves understanding how sport motion can be most effective. Biomechanics is a specialized field of Kinesiology that deals with the factors that are physics related: speed, acceleration, levers, and force.
    ~Ouallada

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Post BBC Sports: Guide to boxing

Last edited by BigMan; 03-17-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    ~Ouallada

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Lightbulb How to:

Throw a jab = http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-throw-a-jab-2

The first punch a boxer will learn is the Jab. The jab is your “Bread and butter” punch and should be practiced over and over again.
    The Jab can be used to keep your opponent at a distance and to score points at long range or medium range, not only scoring points and discouraging your opponents from moving in but it also sets him up for a powerful right cross.

Most Trainers will tell their fighters to “Fight from behind the jab”.

Start in a boxer’s stance, both fists relaxed and palms facing each other, your right hand closest to your chin and your left hand approx 4 inches in front, (opposite for southpaws).
    The jab is thrown with the leading hand in a straight line towards your target and it comes back in a straight line to your chin. As the jab leaves the guard, the fist gradually clenches, rotates a quarter notch (palm facing downwards) and is fully clenched just before impact.
    DO NOT make the common mistake of dropping your right hand when you throw the jab because you will leave an opening for a left hook counter.

The jab is the busiest punch in boxing, although not considered to be a power punch, it can cause a lot of damage over the course of a bout.
    A boxer can learn to “Stiffen” his jab by turning his hips with the punch and stepping in as it is delivered.
    ~Ouallada

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan View Post
    Throw a jab = http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-throw-a-jab-2

The first punch a boxer will learn is the Jab. The jab is your “Bread and butter” punch and should be practiced over and over again.
    The Jab can be used to keep your opponent at a distance and to score points at long range or medium range, not only scoring points and discouraging your opponents from moving in but it also sets him up for a powerful right cross.

Most Trainers will tell their fighters to “Fight from behind the jab”.

Start in a boxer’s stance, both fists relaxed and palms facing each other, your right hand closest to your chin and your left hand approx 4 inches in front, (opposite for southpaws).
    The jab is thrown with the leading hand in a straight line towards your target and it comes back in a straight line to your chin. As the jab leaves the guard, the fist gradually clenches, rotates a quarter notch (palm facing downwards) and is fully clenched just before impact.
    DO NOT make the common mistake of dropping your right hand when you throw the jab because you will leave an opening for a left hook counter.

The jab is the busiest punch in boxing, although not considered to be a power punch, it can cause a lot of damage over the course of a bout.
    A boxer can learn to “Stiffen” his jab by turning his hips with the punch and stepping in as it is delivered.
    Look for a Video of Tommy morrison on youtube he knocked someone out with one punch in the first round and guess what it was a jab
    96 Never Forgotten
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    When you feel like giving up, remember why you kept on for so long

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Quote Originally Posted by bucko91 View Post
    Look for a Video of Tommy morrison on youtube he knocked someone out with one punch in the first round and guess what it was a jab

Tommy Morrison jab KO = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGYN5QbSbl0

lol

Hmmm, I'm going to work on my jabs more than I have been.
    ~Ouallada