MEMBER LOGIN

Thread: My Dream

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance

Default My Dream

Is to open my own gym/restaurant.

The gym wouldn't be much specail (doesn't have to be) just the essentail equipment, weights, machines etc. And the restuarnt would serve top quality food for people who are int fitness. Big high protein and carb meal for muscle gainers! Low fat meals for those who are cutting. Protein based snacks (homemade bars etc). Pre and post workout meals. Such a restaurant would cost a fortune to run with such high quality food but there is alot of potentail profit from serious trainers.

I'm currently studying Tourism and Hospitality in College so i can manage restaurants after my course. If i could partner up with a fitness instructor/business owner it'd work.

Anyoe heard of something like this before?

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

get a research grant to study super-atoms, a newer concept in chemistry and physics and see if there are any applications in alternative energy sources, possibly cold fusion.... When you have enough energy in an 8 oz glass of water to run NYC for a month.... that would solve a ton of problems in this world..

By doing this and patenting the process, I shall complete my ultimate dream... to become the first Benevolent Dictator of the World!!!
    "Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit. Give everything you got today for tomorrow may never come."
    Dan Gable

Will rep for Zyzz posts TBtaylor52's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

If I had money I would go in with you

One day I will.. One day.
    RIP Zyzz 03/24/1989 08/06/2011. Veni Vidi Vici. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
    POWER LEVEL: 116,195

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

We've got a smoothe bar here in seattle called "Emerald City Smoothe" ((It's a franchise)) anyways. They provide optional protein in your smoothie... and they've got all different kinds of carb/protein bars, like a snack bar. Plus you can pick up whey (kind've expensive).

But i think it's something along the same lines as what you've got in mind... as far as the target audience directed towards healthy people.
    CWU

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden061 View Post
    We've got a smoothe bar here in seattle called "Emerald City Smoothe" ((It's a franchise)) anyways. They provide optional protein in your smoothie... and they've got all different kinds of carb/protein bars, like a snack bar. Plus you can pick up whey (kind've expensive).

But i think it's something along the same lines as what you've got in mind... as far as the target audience directed towards healthy people.

Ya man thats the target right there. Anyone who can't cook for themselves or need to go straight to work we can send them on there way with all the best nutrition.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
    Is to open my own gym/restaurant.

The gym wouldn't be much specail (doesn't have to be) just the essentail equipment, weights, machines etc. And the restuarnt would serve top quality food for people who are int fitness. Big high protein and carb meal for muscle gainers! Low fat meals for those who are cutting. Protein based snacks (homemade bars etc). Pre and post workout meals. Such a restaurant would cost a fortune to run with such high quality food but there is alot of potentail profit from serious trainers.

I'm currently studying Tourism and Hospitality in College so i can manage restaurants after my course. If i could partner up with a fitness instructor/business owner it'd work.

Anyoe heard of something like this before?
    HI mate, the gym would be a good one, the restaurant targeting purely weight trainers wouldnt work, an ordinary resturant may do though,
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    HI mate, the gym would be a good one, the restaurant targeting purely weight trainers wouldnt work, an ordinary resturant may do though,

Target would be anyone interested in their health. But we would offer alot for weight trainers which is rare enough. I did only mention weight trainers above buts it for anyone who is looking for good nuttritional meals. I'd need a nutritionist, gym instructors, gym manager, restuarant supervisors with some foundamentals of nutrition. Be a very expensive project.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Target would be anyone interested in their health. But we would offer alot for weight trainers which is rare enough. I did only mention weight trainers above buts it for anyone who is looking for good nuttritional meals. I'd need a nutritionist, gym instructors, gym manager, restuarant supervisors with some foundamentals of nutrition. Be a very expensive project.
    Trust me mate, here in the UK it wouldnt work, 99% of people are not intrested in the nutritional content of a meal (including majority of people that exercise). Do your market research and you will find out...
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Trust me mate, here in the UK it wouldnt work, 99% of people are not intrested in the nutritional content of a meal (including majority of people that exercise). Do your market research and you will find out...
    Aye i'd have to be in the right place right time. I'll do more research when it comes closer to finishing my course. I just really wanna mix my passion for weight training and my interest in Hospitality. So this is the obvious choice for me.

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

I'm planning to open up a gym soon. It's a partnership with my brother, ex-brother-in-law and his cousin. We will be setting up custom-made equipments to minimize the expenses. It's gonna be fun and we're all into this because of our common passion for bodybuilding and fitness. I'm the most veteran in the group but my brother-in-law was one of the reasons I got hooked in bodybuilding. He is older and more financially successful.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Muscular Endurance

Quote Originally Posted by Patmuscled View Post
    I'm planning to open up a gym soon. It's a partnership with my brother, ex-brother-in-law and his cousin. We will be setting up custom-made equipments to minimize the expenses. It's gonna be fun and we're all into this because of our common passion for bodybuilding and fitness. I'm the most veteran in the group but my brother-in-law was one of the reasons I got hooked in bodybuilding. He is older and more financially successful.

Thats deadly man! Everyone has there own to bring to the business. Thats awesome man. Hopefully can get some partners in.

Will rep for Zyzz posts TBtaylor52's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Ha, well when I get a little older me and my friend are all about sports and fitness and we want to open up a sports complex where anyone can train for their sport
    RIP Zyzz 03/24/1989 08/06/2011. Veni Vidi Vici. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
    POWER LEVEL: 116,195

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

Thats deadly man! Everyone has there own to bring to the business. Thats awesome man. Hopefully can get some partners in.
    I appreciate your comments. But remember, the more partners you have the less money you should put up initially and every month for the rent fee but the downside is that you will be earning less.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

Brenden-
    I spent 6 yrs in Seattle! I loved it! I miss it alot sometimes. I actually got married at the top of the space needle. We owned 2 differant business' while there. One was a restaurant janitorial company. We cleaned McCormick and Schmicks down on 1st ave, Fado Irish pub on 1st, and Ray's Boathouse out in Ballard to name a few. It was a good buisness. We were members of the Wet Spot, awesome private club! If you have ever heard of it then you know along what lines my other business was.
    Back to the topic at hand-
    I saw a in a magazine one time that Jay Cutler had his own restaurant in Vegas but I tried to google it and couldn't find it. I want to own a restaurant one day but can't narrow down what kind I want. I have an idea of opening a place for the ladies- a girl version of hooters. I have alot of guys say it won't go over- but trust me a place where a girl can go, get a drink, have a girls night out and not be bothered?! Heck ya! Every girl I talk to thinks it would be awesome. Of course we would have sexy guy waiters, tv's everywhere with girl programming on. Think about guys- you want to go out with your buddy's but your girl wants to go with or complains about you going out. You would have a place to suggest for her to go with her girlfriends and tell her "hey why don't you go have a good time tonight with girls" She will think your great for letting her go out- then you can go off with your buddy's! I think it is a winner! My other restaurant would be a place much like The Herb Farm up near Seattle. I would grow my own herbs, veggies on site. Lots of work haven't really worked out the kinks but just an idea,
    I say go for your dream. Put a plan in place and work from there. You never know till you try.

http://www.theherbfarm.com/
    "The miracle wasn't that I finished; the miralce was that I had the courage to start"