MEMBER LOGIN

Thread: Football Help

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Default Football Help

My dad won't let me play football next year and its my final year of high school. I need to try and convince him cuz I think next year is going to be my year, if you know what i mean.
    Learn about the past to understand the context of the present. While at the same time, build yourself physically so you can take your body where your mind yearns to go. Training shouldn't be the limit of your self-development. It should enhance every aspect of your life. History builds empathy, and that's powerful. That, makes you better fit to perform.

I also compete in powerlifting and long distance races

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by football43 View Post
    My dad won't let me play football next year and its my final year of high school. I need to try and convince him cuz I think next year is going to be my year, if you know what i mean.
    Why wont he let you play??
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Your gonna be a senior and your gonna try to start playing football? Yea thats not gonna work... where i live if you dont play by freshman year unless your a transfer, then you cant even try out

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by BRUIN View Post
    Your gonna be a senior and your gonna try to start playing football? Yea thats not gonna work... where i live if you dont play by freshman year unless your a transfer, then you cant even try out
    seeing as "football" is in his username and he joined a year ago, and in his profile it says that football is one of his interests, i would assume that he has been playing for at least a year and his dad just decided for watever reason that he didnt want him to play this year, but maybe im wrong

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

yea just glanced at football's old posts, hes definitely been playing before now

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...ll-season.html

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Why wont he let you?
    Tell him itll keep you in shape and away from the druggies

Also you can feel many things. But unless if you trained your butt off and worked on everything you did bad and good last season and fixed them to be perfect. After that it comes down to who wants it more and who is more athleticly talented lol. From that other post you made about a bad football season. Remember someone is always bigger,stronger,faster than you somewhere else.
    "The worst thing I could be is just like everyone else."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Age- 16/Ht-5'10/Wt- 205lbs/Bf- 10.4%/Bench-385lbs/Squat-405lbs :]
    Work hard,Sacrifice everything, Keep looking up

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

I've been playing for two years now. He says its cuz its my graduating year and i need keep my grades high to get into university. I've been trying to explain to him that playing football has actually helped me become a more determined student but he won't have it.
    Learn about the past to understand the context of the present. While at the same time, build yourself physically so you can take your body where your mind yearns to go. Training shouldn't be the limit of your self-development. It should enhance every aspect of your life. History builds empathy, and that's powerful. That, makes you better fit to perform.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I've been playing for two years now. He says its cuz its my graduating year and i need keep my grades high to get into university. I've been trying to explain to him that playing football has actually helped me become a more determined student but he won't have it.
    maybe you could make a deal with him that if you have all A's that you can play but if your grades fall he can pull you from the team

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

I don't know how it is up there in The Great White North, but down here in the States, with the exception of Ivy League schools, colleges and universities look at your Junior (11th grade) year grades more than any other year. Your senior year grades won't be there in time for you to apply to schools for admission, anyway. You need to start applying to them sometime around winter break for acceptance. Most schools have a cutoff of usually April or May for the fall semester.

So your father's argument would be moot here in the USA, but again I don't know how it works in Canada. If it works the same then explain that to him. Plus, there are many MANY people who are able to participate in sports and maintain academics. Hell, again in the US, schools require that maintain a certain grade point average to play. It really depends on the school, but my old high school required a minimum of a 2.6 or a B- to participate in athletics.

Not to mention that if you do get a scholarship, even a partial one, the university would require you to keep a certain grade average, also.

Hope this helped, maybe you can explain this to him if it applies to Canada.
    "Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit. Give everything you got today for tomorrow may never come."
    Dan Gable

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionusa View Post
    I don't know how it is up there in The Great White North, but down here in the States, with the exception of Ivy League schools, colleges and universities look at your Junior (11th grade) year grades more than any other year. Your senior year grades won't be there in time for you to apply to schools for admission, anyway. You need to start applying to them sometime around winter break for acceptance. Most schools have a cutoff of usually April or May for the fall semester.

So your father's argument would be moot here in the USA, but again I don't know how it works in Canada. If it works the same then explain that to him. Plus, there are many MANY people who are able to participate in sports and maintain academics. Hell, again in the US, schools require that maintain a certain grade point average to play. It really depends on the school, but my old high school required a minimum of a 2.6 or a B- to participate in athletics.

Not to mention that if you do get a scholarship, even a partial one, the university would require you to keep a certain grade average, also.

Hope this helped, maybe you can explain this to him if it applies to Canada.
    gotta agree 100%

SR. year is just a blow off year. Colleges look at 11th grade and even down to 10th. Been told that by many scouts so its legit. Good luck
    "The worst thing I could be is just like everyone else."- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Age- 16/Ht-5'10/Wt- 205lbs/Bf- 10.4%/Bench-385lbs/Squat-405lbs :]
    Work hard,Sacrifice everything, Keep looking up

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

How bout you just tell him to !&&! off because you are 18 years old and you can play bloody football if u want to..?
    Squat 2.1x BW Squat, 1.75xBW Bench Press, 2.5xBW Deadlift (425/350/500)
    205 lbs @7%

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

If you can pass junior year and play football you can CERTAINLY pass senior year and play football. tell your father senior year is easier, because it is..i just got done with it.

The Essence of Elegance NicoSuave32's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules212 View Post
    gotta agree 100%

SR. year is just a blow off year. Colleges look at 11th grade and even down to 10th. Been told that by many scouts so its legit. Good luck
    I second that senor year is a joke, in fact freshamn year we had a college scout come in a sow us exactly what they look at and that's Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior year and SAT and ACT scores
    Current Weight : 204 lbs
    BF%: N/A Goal: Prepping for show this Saturday Nov. 7th

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

man i wish it was like that up here. But anyways thanks for the advice, I'm gonna spend my summer trying to persuade him. Thanks.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

seeing as "football" is in his username and he joined a year ago, and in his profile it says that football is one of his interests, i would assume that he has been playing for at least a year and his dad just decided for watever reason that he didnt want him to play this year, but maybe im wrong

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Shraddha View Post
    Seeing as the last post was 2009, and this kid has probably left High School, gone to College and got a job by now, the logic behind this necrobump suggests you're probably a spam bot getting ready to start throwing links to some "fitness" website all over the place any minute now.
    2013 Gym PRs
    Squat = 140kg ...... Deadlift = 180kg ...... Bench = 95kg
    2014 Gym PRs
    Squat = 162.5kg ...... Deadlift = 192.5kg ...... Bench = 105kg
    2015 Gym PRs
    Squat = 170kg ... Deadlift = No improvement ... Bench = No Improvement