MEMBER LOGIN

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Soccer Routine

  1. #1
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Jun 2008
    • Posts
      46
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Ohio
    • Reputation
      18
    • Rep Power
      12

    Default Soccer Routine

    This is my routine for the up coming soccer season. Please, all help is appriciated.

    Monday: Upper
    Pullups 4xMAX
    Bent Over Rows 3x15-20
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3x15-20
    Dips 3x12-15
    Military Press 3x15-20
    Plate Front Raise 3x12-15
    Barbell Curls 3x15-20

    Thursday: Lower
    Squats 3x20-25
    Deadlift 3x20-25
    Calf Raises 3x30-35
    Lunges 3x20-25

    All days between, except the weekend, I will do circuit training.

  2. #2
    M&S Power User
    • Join Date
      Apr 2008
    • Posts
      1,709
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Iowa
    • Reputation
      6,279,430
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack92 View Post
    This is my routine for the up coming soccer season. Please, all help is appriciated.

    Monday: Upper
    Pullups 4xMAX
    Bent Over Rows 3x15-20
    Incline Dumbbell Press 3x15-20
    Dips 3x12-15
    Military Press 3x15-20
    Plate Front Raise 3x12-15
    Barbell Curls 3x15-20

    Thursday: Lower
    Squats 3x20-25
    Deadlift 3x20-25
    Calf Raises 3x30-35
    Lunges 3x20-25

    All days between, except the weekend, I will do circuit training.
    BIG NO. Do you honestly think 15+ reps will help you?

  3. #3
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Jun 2008
    • Posts
      46
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Ohio
    • Reputation
      18
    • Rep Power
      12

    Default

    Well, my main goal is for muscular endurance. And 15+ reps is the supposed rep range for that. I should have put that on there probably.

  4. #4
    M&S Power User Henry19's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Feb 2009
    • Posts
      1,537
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      NJ
    • Reputation
      5,924,307
    • Rep Power
      59,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack92 View Post
    Well, my main goal is for muscular endurance. And 15+ reps is the supposed rep range for that. I should have put that on there probably.
    There's a difference between hitting 15 and doing 30 reps. Trust me as a fellow soccer player I can tell you I have benefit from a mixture of different number of reps. Most of the time my rep count ranges from 8-12 but sometimes when I max or do heavier weights the reps go down. However I'm a firm believer of doing as much as possible so push yourself especially on the later sets because that's when the real muscle is built
    Progression over regression

    "I would learn that in each of us there is a flame that must never be allowed to go out. That as long as it burns within us, we cannot be destroyed"
    -The Power of One

    October 2012 Member of the Month

  5. #5
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Jun 2008
    • Posts
      46
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Ohio
    • Reputation
      18
    • Rep Power
      12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry19 View Post
    There's a difference between hitting 15 and doing 30 reps. Trust me as a fellow soccer player I can tell you I have benefit from a mixture of different number of reps. Most of the time my rep count ranges from 8-12 but sometimes when I max or do heavier weights the reps go down. However I'm a firm believer of doing as much as possible so push yourself especially on the later sets because that's when the real muscle is built
    Thanks for the reply.

  6. #6
    Just joined M&S conor340's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2012
    • Posts
      20
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Canada
    • Reputation
      790,696
    • Rep Power
      7,914

    Default

    It depends what part of the season you're training for. If that's the program you'll be using for in-season, then I would max out your rep range at 15, even 12 is enough. You'll create endurance that way but you'll get stronger much quicker. If you're still in your off-season, then I'd throw in lower rep ranges of around 3-5 on some exercises to increase your max strength. Being stronger will allow you to become quicker, faster, more agile, and more powerful. Working on max strength is so important for athletes.
    Conor
    Certified Athletic Trainer

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Football (soccer) Routine
    By tbeaver in forum For Your Sport
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
  2. My Soccer Routine
    By OleOle in forum Critique My Workout
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 11:19 PM
  3. soccer
    By juanm405 in forum Exercises
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
  4. soccer
    By bballa1831 in forum For Your Sport
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 02:48 PM
  5. soccer
    By Eddy17 in forum For Your Sport
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Community
Forum
Reviews
Articles
Follow M&S
Contact Us

Muscle & Strength, LLC
1180 First Street South
Columbia, SC 29209
PH: 1-800-537-9910
Email: click here

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
© Copyright 2015, Muscle & Strength LLC. Images copyright of their respective owners. Contact Us | Affiliate Program | Terms of Use