MEMBER LOGIN

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Wrestler looking for Workout Routine

Hi all,

My names Taylor, I'm a 17 year old male who is 5'11 and 170 pounds approximately. I'm looking to bulk up before wrestling starts to a weight of 190 pounds. I basically have a little more than 4 months to get busy. I've been lifting all year round but nothing other than that.

I need help with creating a workout routine that will allow me to get rid of fat and gain muscle mass. Get bigger and more explosive. Looking good wouldn't hurt either

Thank you for your help.

The Beardless One
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Seven92 View Post
    Hi all,

My names Taylor, I'm a 17 year old male who is 5'11 and 170 pounds approximately. I'm looking to bulk up before wrestling starts to a weight of 190 pounds. I basically have a little more than 4 months to get busy. I've been lifting all year round but nothing other than that.

I need help with creating a workout routine that will allow me to get rid of fat and gain muscle mass. Get bigger and more explosive. Looking good wouldn't hurt either

Thank you for your help.
    You can't cut fat and gain mass at the same time. Choose to cut or bulk first. After you decide what you want to do use the BMR calculator on this site and +500/-500 to gain/cut.

You're diet will be critical in if you'll gain or lose weight.

On the workout, not sure what type of routine, but I think someone had a wrestling workout in the "Critique My Workout" section of the forum. Try using the search function for it.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Other

Cutting and bulking at the same time is not impossible, but it IS very difficult to do. its best to separate the two phases as mentioned....

Since you are training for wrestling, I recommend focusing on strength and power building. heres a decent program (judging by reading) from EKnight. as i said to someone els in another post, make sure you are comfortable working with weights within that range, and if you do decide to do this program MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD SPOTTER. ITS REALLY IMPORTANT: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...h-workout.html

otherwise, i'd go with the suggestion to search in "critique my workout" as said previous. also make sure to focus on flexibility as well as part of your cool down component.

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST. refer to http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...in-weight.html
    Last edited by masta9; 08-17-2009 at 01:41 PM.
    M9 - so what if i look like jim kelly?

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Thank you both.

Now in regards to losing fat.. I'm pretty lean but I know I could afford to lose a little fat so should I do that before working out to gain muscle or after? In other words.. get muscular then get rid of fat, or lean out then get muscular.

The Beardless One
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Seven92 View Post
    Thank you both.

Now in regards to losing fat.. I'm pretty lean but I know I could afford to lose a little fat so should I do that before working out to gain muscle or after? In other words.. get muscular then get rid of fat, or lean out then get muscular.
    If I were you I'd bulk up and then cut. That way you won't have some fat where as you cut then bulk with the risk of fat gains. If that makes sense.