MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Default Loading up on carbs?

I've been under the assumption, from way back, that it's good to eat big portions of pasta before a big day (like a fishing tournament, a big test etc) for extra energy and keep you 'up for the task'. ..Find out over here that un-used carbs can be stored as fat. So I gotta ask.. Will eating a big meal full of carbs at night do anything for you the next day???
    When it's all over said and done, you're gonna regret the things you 'didn't do', more than the things you did.
    (I think that was Mark Twain)

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiochris View Post
    I've been under the assumption, from way back, that it's good to eat big portions of pasta before a big day (like a fishing tournament, a big test etc) for extra energy and keep you 'up for the task'. ..Find out over here that un-used carbs can be stored as fat. So I gotta ask.. Will eating a big meal full of carbs at night do anything for you the next day???
    Loading on big carbs will cause your body insuline to go crazy, at night unless you had some reall hard weight training session i would not recommend it.

To much carbs and worst the wrong ones will turn into fat if you eat to much.

No sure it would give that much energy either for a big test?
    ON gold standard, Animal Pump pre workout complex, Animal Flex joint support, Animal Omega EFA stack, ZMA.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Carb loading usually refers to endurance athletes, such as marathon runners. But, for what it's worth, the average male can hold 1500-1900 calories from carbs in his body. 60-80 in the blood, 360-440 in the liver, and 1300-1400 in the muscles. Over 2 hours of exercise or something like a 20 mile run will deplete these significantly. So, for someone preparing for that type of activity, 9-10 grams of carbs perkg of bodyweight is recommended daily, 2-3 days before the event, along with a reduced training regimine. -EK
    Donít chase the 1%, there is no magic training routine or diet thatís going to provide any measurable results over the basic principles for getting huge and strong: Train heavy, eat and sleep more.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by EKnight View Post
    Carb loading usually refers to endurance athletes, such as marathon runners. But, for what it's worth, the average male can hold 1500-1900 calories from carbs in his body. 60-80 in the blood, 360-440 in the liver, and 1300-1400 in the muscles. Over 2 hours of exercise or something like a 20 mile run will deplete these significantly. So, for someone preparing for that type of activity, 9-10 grams of carbs perkg of bodyweight is recommended daily, 2-3 days before the event, along with a reduced training regimine. -EK
    Wow, great info, thx! Makes sense that it would be more complicated than the ol 'big bowl a pasta' theory. There goes my pre tourney ritual (excuse) of stuffing my face with linguini LOL But don't sound like complete wive's tale either, maybe done a lil more controled will be the xtra energy/focus I need to put more wt in the livewell Rep material
    When it's all over said and done, you're gonna regret the things you 'didn't do', more than the things you did.
    (I think that was Mark Twain)