MEMBER LOGIN

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 118 of 118
  1. #101
    Coming Up The Ranks
    • Join Date
      Jul 2009
    • Posts
      79
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      South Carolina
    • Reputation
      17,048,130
    • Rep Power
      170,491

    Default

    I used you Upper Lower split to great success back in '09. Unfortunately my work schedule got tough and I let it run my life. I'm going back to running my own life and starting this workout again. Will it be okay to mix in 10-20 miles mountain biking once a week?

  2. #102
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Mar 2011
    • Posts
      2
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Virginia
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    I realize this is an old thread; however, if anyone has the spreadsheet for this workout could you please email it to [email protected] as I am interested in starting this workout soon.

    Thank you!

    Dooj

  3. #103
    BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2007
    • Posts
      9,795
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      New Castle, PA
    • Reputation
      37,340,953
    • Rep Power
      373,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooj View Post
    I realize this is an old thread; however, if anyone has the spreadsheet for this workout could you please email it to [email protected] as I am interested in starting this workout soon.

    Thank you!

    Dooj
    Dooj,

    I emailed you the new revised VIF!

    Good Luck!

    Trainer Dave
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

    Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

  4. #104
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Mar 2011
    • Posts
      2
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Virginia
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    Dooj,

    I emailed you the new revised VIF!

    Good Luck!

    Trainer Dave
    Dave,

    I received the spreadsheet. Thank you for sending. Much appreciated!

    DooJ

  5. #105
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Aug 2015
    • Posts
      2
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Hi all,

    I know this is an old thread - anyone able to send over the DULS spreadsheet by any chance?

    Also, any ideas to replace squats in the leg workouts? I have a long torso and femur, and a short tibia, so can't go deep enough / knees travel too far forward. I have always leg-pressed and deadifted well, and my legs are one of my strongest and biggest body parts.

    Thanks!!

  6. #106
    BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2007
    • Posts
      9,795
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      New Castle, PA
    • Reputation
      37,340,953
    • Rep Power
      373,469

    Default

    I can send the spreadsheet to you. Private message me your real e-mail address.

    As far as "Can't go Deep Enough" on squats, do you mean you can't get at least to parallel? I wouldn't sweat your knees traveling too far forward, if your heels stay on the ground, your form is good and there is no pain in the knee. Everyone with different femur and tibia lengths squat differently. So it may just be a case of you finding a squat depth that will work for you. You may not be able to go Ass To Grass, but that's not a written in stone requirement.

    Shoot me a PM.

    -Dave

    Quote Originally Posted by Arj2020 View Post
    Hi all,

    I know this is an old thread - anyone able to send over the DULS spreadsheet by any chance?

    Also, any ideas to replace squats in the leg workouts? I have a long torso and femur, and a short tibia, so can't go deep enough / knees travel too far forward. I have always leg-pressed and deadifted well, and my legs are one of my strongest and biggest body parts.

    Thanks!!
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

    Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

  7. #107
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Aug 2015
    • Posts
      2
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    I can send the spreadsheet to you. Private message me your real e-mail address.

    As far as "Can't go Deep Enough" on squats, do you mean you can't get at least to parallel? I wouldn't sweat your knees traveling too far forward, if your heels stay on the ground, your form is good and there is no pain in the knee. Everyone with different femur and tibia lengths squat differently. So it may just be a case of you finding a squat depth that will work for you. You may not be able to go Ass To Grass, but that's not a written in stone requirement.

    Shoot me a PM.

    -Dave
    Hi Dave, many thanks for the response. I can't PM just yet as I am a noob. Please send the spreadsheet to [email protected] - much appreciated!

  8. #108
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Sep 2015
    • Posts
      4
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    I can send the spreadsheet to you. Private message me your real e-mail address.

    As far as "Can't go Deep Enough" on squats, do you mean you can't get at least to parallel? I wouldn't sweat your knees traveling too far forward, if your heels stay on the ground, your form is good and there is no pain in the knee. Everyone with different femur and tibia lengths squat differently. So it may just be a case of you finding a squat depth that will work for you. You may not be able to go Ass To Grass, but that's not a written in stone requirement.

    Shoot me a PM.

    -Dave
    Dave im new here, i cant PM you! Could you please send me the spreadsheet ??

    My email is [email protected]

    Thanks

  9. #109
    BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2007
    • Posts
      9,795
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      New Castle, PA
    • Reputation
      37,340,953
    • Rep Power
      373,469

    Default

    Hey DJ,

    I sent you the spreadsheet. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

    -Trainer Dave
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

    Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

  10. #110
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Sep 2015
    • Posts
      4
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    Hey DJ,

    I sent you the spreadsheet. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

    -Trainer Dave
    Thanks Dave!!
    I have one question, can i switch squats for hack slide?
    Or isnt good?

  11. #111
    BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2007
    • Posts
      9,795
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      New Castle, PA
    • Reputation
      37,340,953
    • Rep Power
      373,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaLLiS View Post
    Thanks Dave!!
    I have one question, can i switch squats for hack slide?
    Or isnt good?
    If there is a logistical reason (my gym doesn't have a squat rack or squat rack is always taken) then yes an alternative exercise like a Hack Slide or Goblet Squat or Leg Press is acceptable.

    However, if you're just afraid to squat or haven't mastered the squat, I'd rather you learn the movement and practice rather than make a substitution. Layne Norton has a great Squat Tutorial video, Google: Layne Norton Squat Tutorial and you'll find it.

    But other wise, yes that is okay. When you substitute exercises make sure you are switching out compound move for compound move for the same muscle groups. For instance you wouldn't swap out Squats with a Leg Extension .

    Make Sense? Hope that helped, have a good day.

    Trainer Dave
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

    Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

  12. #112
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Sep 2015
    • Posts
      4
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    If there is a logistical reason (my gym doesn't have a squat rack or squat rack is always taken) then yes an alternative exercise like a Hack Slide or Goblet Squat or Leg Press is acceptable.

    However, if you're just afraid to squat or haven't mastered the squat, I'd rather you learn the movement and practice rather than make a substitution. Layne Norton has a great Squat Tutorial video, Google: Layne Norton Squat Tutorial and you'll find it.

    But other wise, yes that is okay. When you substitute exercises make sure you are switching out compound move for compound move for the same muscle groups. For instance you wouldn't swap out Squats with a Leg Extension .

    Make Sense? Hope that helped, have a good day.

    Trainer Dave
    Hello Dave,

    Sorry for the delayed message!
    I dont have problems with squat, the thing is the one that u refered, sometimes the squat rack is full, and dont have multipower, so, hack slide will work with no problems ??

    And another question, can i start the workout, on monday by the UPPER BODY POWER instead of LEGS or its better run it like it should be ??

    Thanks in advanced

  13. #113
    BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2007
    • Posts
      9,795
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      New Castle, PA
    • Reputation
      37,340,953
    • Rep Power
      373,469

    Default

    No Worries. The hack slide will work. You'll lose a little bit of core strengthening from being in a machine, but your legs will get the work needed. I purposely constructed it so that you wouldn't be training CHEST with everyone else on a Monday. But there's no magical order of whether you do Upper or Lower first in the week. Adjust as you like, just make sure you get it done!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaLLiS View Post
    Hello Dave,

    Sorry for the delayed message!
    I dont have problems with squat, the thing is the one that u refered, sometimes the squat rack is full, and dont have multipower, so, hack slide will work with no problems ??

    And another question, can i start the workout, on monday by the UPPER BODY POWER instead of LEGS or its better run it like it should be ??

    Thanks in advanced
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

    Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

  14. #114
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Sep 2015
    • Posts
      4
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      14,150,515
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    No Worries. The hack slide will work. You'll lose a little bit of core strengthening from being in a machine, but your legs will get the work needed. I purposely constructed it so that you wouldn't be training CHEST with everyone else on a Monday. But there's no magical order of whether you do Upper or Lower first in the week. Adjust as you like, just make sure you get it done!
    Yes I understand that u put the workout in that order because the WORLD CHEST DAY - MONDAY. But my gym has 3 BP. So i think I can change and do upper on Mondays and lower on Tuesdays.
    Next week will start it. I'll give u some feedback.

    I'm lifting about 10 years almost. Do u think the program is adequate for a intermidiate / advanced lifter ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #115
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Jul 2017
    • Posts
      3
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Can I do it 6 days

  16. #116
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,458
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Can I do it 6 days
    Remember that with weight training rest/recovery is a very important part, the routine as stated works well
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  17. #117
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Jul 2017
    • Posts
      3
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Remember that with weight training rest/recovery is a very important part, the routine as stated works well
    I know it is very important, though I am young and want to take advantage of hitting everything with higher frequency. Do you think it'll work fine by just lowering the overall volume?

  18. #118
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Sep 2017
    • Posts
      3
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Female
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    I've never tried it, but I'm looking forward to it now!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Question about dave's upper/ lower split
    By cris7623 in forum Muscle Building
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 07:15 PM
  2. Some Questions about Dave's Upper- Lower Split Workout
    By ekon32 in forum Muscle Building
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
  3. Question? on Dave's Upper/ Lower Split (DULS)
    By Mlavey in forum Muscle Building
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM
  4. Dave's Upper/Lower Split Questions
    By Sarbae in forum Muscle Building
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 07:57 PM
  5. New Workout: Dave's Upper/ Lower Split (DULS)
    By Frankoman in forum Muscle & Strength Stuff
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Community
Forum
Reviews
Articles
Follow M&S
Contact Us

Muscle & Strength, LLC
1180 First Street South
Columbia, SC 29209
PH: 1-800-537-9910
Email: click here

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
© Copyright 2015, Muscle & Strength LLC. Images copyright of their respective owners. Contact Us | Affiliate Program | Terms of Use