MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Default Supplements Help - 15 Year old.

Alright well I've been working out for 2 years because of high school, I started in mid summer of 2008. And beginning working out ever since.

I've been working out every day for 3-4 days since June 2009. I started trying supplements in August but I'm not totally experienced with it I don't think I've change in growth or muscle.

I'm 15 years old and a Sophmore in high school I currently weigh 135-140 lbs.

My goals:

Get bulked.
    Gain weight(not to much)
    Increase my bicep size.

What have I been doing? Well since August I decided to take supplements, I'm new to this and I'm pretty sure I've been taking these supplements wrong. I've been taking Sixstar: Professional Strength Creatine, how do I take it? Well it's football season right now and I only am available to work out 3 days since the 4th is film now. I've been taking a scoop of the creatine in a shaker and adding 6oz. of water with it since thats what it says. I consume the creatine drink 5-10mins before workout.

Please don't come in here saying "Your only 15, don't take supplements they're bad for you." I know they are bad but it's my choice.

If anyone can help me on how I should take my supplements it'd be great.

I'm planning on taking All The Whey Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate, as it seems to be the best form of supplements.

All help appreciated.

Side question:

My arms both lift the same weights but my right is a bit larger than my left, is that bad? Or is it normal since my right is more dominant, I write with it open stuff etc.
    Last edited by 2328; 09-26-2009 at 02:01 AM.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hi mate,

You need to realise that the actual diet is far more superior compared to supplements.
    Proper foods build the muscle and give you the gains you want, supplements only play a minor role in this.
    You are 15, and you need to face the reality that you shouldn't be using Creatine just yet, as it does place a strain on your body.
    Why not invest your money in pure whey protein? This is far better and far more beneficial.
    In my opinion you can get the gains and pumps in the workout better from real foods.
    Fact is you can't out-train a lousey diet, so make sure you pay close attention to your eating before even thinking about all the supplements.

If you insist on Creatine still, look at this article for more info.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...-answered.html

And here is a previous forum post regarding Creatine and Teenagers.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...tine+teenagers

It is normal to have an arm larger than the other in regards to size, but make sure with your lifts you are involving both the arms equally, i mean, for example, when doing a barbell bicep work, try not and let the workload shift to your stronger arm.
    Consistency is the key

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Scrutiny View Post
    Hi mate,

You need to realise that the actual diet is far more superior compared to supplements.
    Proper foods build the muscle and give you the gains you want, supplements only play a minor role in this.
    You are 15, and you need to face the reality that you shouldn't be using Creatine just yet, as it does place a strain on your body.
    Why not invest your money in pure whey protein? This is far better and far more beneficial.
    In my opinion you can get the gains and pumps in the workout better from real foods.
    Fact is you can't out-train a lousey diet, so make sure you pay close attention to your eating before even thinking about all the supplements.

If you insist on Creatine still, look at this article for more info.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...-answered.html

And here is a previous forum post regarding Creatine and Teenagers.
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...tine+teenagers

It is normal to have an arm larger than the other in regards to size, but make sure with your lifts you are involving both the arms equally, i mean, for example, when doing a barbell bicep work, try not and let the workload shift to your stronger arm.
    Thank you this really help a lot, I want to stop taking Creatine since I don't think it would be good for me right now. Yeah I'm lifting with both of my arms equally sometimes my left lifts more better than my right its weird. I will definitely take consideration into taking Whey Protein but I don't know how to take the supplements successfully like what plan do I go on?

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

You really need to stop taking Creatine until you are 18 years old. At your age, it'll screw up your liver.

As stated above, you need to eat MORE FOOD. Not more junk, but more carbs, protein, fruits, and veggies. Whey Protein is also a good idea.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by yojoe792 View Post
    You really need to stop taking Creatine until you are 18 years old. At your age, it'll screw up your liver.

As stated above, you need to eat MORE FOOD. Not more junk, but more carbs, protein, fruits, and veggies. Whey Protein is also a good idea.
    word bro ! dont be taking creatine just yet you are to young

whey protein works way better for you and as listed above a proper diet is the best supplement

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by 2328 View Post
    Thank you this really help a lot, I want to stop taking Creatine since I don't think it would be good for me right now. Yeah I'm lifting with both of my arms equally sometimes my left lifts more better than my right its weird. I will definitely take consideration into taking Whey Protein but I don't know how to take the supplements successfully like what plan do I go on?
    Whey protein can be taken practically any time, but the most important time to take it would be straight after a workout, as this is when your body needs the pure whey protein FAST.
    Post workout is the #1 critical time to ingest whey.

Whey can also be taken upon waking up, and even before bed.
    Consistency is the key

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

I'm a teenager so listen up:

ONLY WHEY PROTEIN. All other supplement are a waste of money and will do you no good. Creatine will help adults but teenagers like us can get messed up with this stuff. You can get Amino Acids but they are really a waste of money if you don't eat good.

EAT good food (protein foods, good carbs, and good fats)
    DRINK a lot of water and your protein shake right after your workout
    WORKOUT every body part and I suggest getting a routine from this website
    SLEEP like a baby
    and GROW!

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Whey protein can be taken practically any time, but the most important time to take it would be straight after a workout, as this is when your body needs the pure whey protein FAST.
    Post workout is the #1 critical time to ingest whey.

Whey can also be taken upon waking up, and even before bed.
    So I can take a scoop of whey protein in the morning when I wake up, then after my workout session, and before I go to bed? For the days I'm working out of non days to.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

So I can take a scoop of whey protein in the morning when I wake up, then after my workout session, and before I go to bed? For the days I'm working out of non days to.
    Yes, you can take your shakes then if you cant get your protein through real food.
    And yes the days you dont workout you just need to adjust your post workout shake and thats pretty much it.
    Leave for BCT January 5, 2011!!!!!
    Time to kick it in the @$$.

2 weeks left and counting.............................

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by kds48 View Post
    Yes, you can take your shakes then if you cant get your protein through real food.
    And yes the days you dont workout you just need to adjust your post workout shake and thats pretty much it.
    Sorry I don't understand, so I take the shakes in the morning and at night if I can't get my protein through food like meat, vegetables, etc.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Sorry I don't understand, so I take the shakes in the morning and at night if I can't get my protein through food like meat, vegetables, etc.
    OK, your body prefers whole real food. But when you cant get enough protein through your real food, thats were whey protein cames into place. Those shakes help you to reach your protein levels throughout the day. I take a shake in the morning, post workout, and at night. That helps me meet my protein levels.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by kds48 View Post
    OK, your body prefers whole real food. But when you cant get enough protein through your real food, thats were whey protein cames into place. Those shakes help you to reach your protein levels throughout the day. I take a shake in the morning, post workout, and at night. That helps me meet my protein levels.
    I understand. So its better to take the real food but if I can't get all the protein from the real food in a day I can have Whey replace it?

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I understand. So its better to take the real food but if I can't get all the protein from the real food in a day I can have Whey replace it?
    Thats right, that is why protein supplements are so handy.
    It is tough getting your protein requirement all from real foods, so a supplement can help you towards the amount you require.
    Consistency is the key

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Thats right, that is why protein supplements are so handy.
    It is tough getting your protein requirement all from real foods, so a supplement can help you towards the amount you require.
    I'm still a little ware of which Whey to get since I see so many forms of it. But I see two whey products.

One from 100% Whey Gold Standard by Optinum Nutrition and All The Whey Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate by All The Whey. Are they both the same?

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I'm still a little ware of which Whey to get since I see so many forms of it. But I see two whey products.

One from 100% Whey Gold Standard by Optinum Nutrition and All The Whey Fat-Free Whey Protein Isolate by All The Whey. Are they both the same?
    A good whey to choose would be an isolate one, even though it is more expensive than whey concentrate.
    Isolate is good as it contains minimum fats, and is a purer form of whey.

Take a read of the two products and see which one it is, and how much it costs.
    Consistency is the key

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

A good whey to choose would be an isolate one, even though it is more expensive than whey concentrate.
    Isolate is good as it contains minimum fats, and is a purer form of whey.

Take a read of the two products and see which one it is, and how much it costs.
    I'm not worrried about the cost, just want the purest and best form of whey.

Another question I've been reading that creatine is bad for anyone who isn't over 18+ if I took 1-2 months worth of creatine for 3 days a week will that affect me, or maybe I'm over reacting.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

I'm not worrried about the cost, just want the purest and best form of whey.

Another question I've been reading that creatine is bad for anyone who isn't over 18+ if I took 1-2 months worth of creatine for 3 days a week will that affect me, or maybe I'm over reacting.
    If your implying that you already took creatine and didnt think that you shouldnt have, dont worry about it. Just stop taking it.
    And yeah Whey Isolate is the purest form, and if money isnt an object I would reccommend that.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Is it better to drink a protein shake after your workout or before the workout, if before then how many minutes before working out, if after, do I drink it instantly?

• Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Is it better to drink a protein shake after your workout or before the workout, if before then how many minutes before working out, if after, do I drink it instantly?
    Well since you said money wasn't a problem I would recommend taking one before and after. But the more important one is the after one.

The before workout shake you're supposed to take half an hour to an hour before your workout I think (I don't know exactly because I don't take that one) and the post workout shake you take "immediately" after your workout. (You have a 30 min. time period to take it is what I mean by "immediately")