MEMBER LOGIN

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 151
  1. #1
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default Having your diet analyzed...!!

    For anyone posting their diet up in this new section it would also help if you could include the following information...
    (1) Height
    (2) Weight
    (3) Age
    (4) Training goal
    (5) How many times you train per week
    (6) Approximate serving size of food (this would help greatly)
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  2. #2
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Jul 2007
    • Posts
      7
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Bluefield,WV
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    For anyone posting their diet up in this new section it would also help if you could include the following information...
    (1) Height
    (2) Weight
    (3) Age
    (4) Training goal
    (5) How many times you train per week
    (6) Approximate serving size of food (this would help greatly)
    1. 6'5"
    2. 220lbs
    3. 18
    4. I want to bulk up for now gain muscle..then later on make it tone muscle
    5. 3 times a week each time diff areas
    6. ehh i dont have a regular diet and i want a guide line on a good diet that would help me for what im wanting to do

  3. #3
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garretislegend View Post
    1. 6'5"
    2. 220lbs
    3. 18
    4. I want to bulk up for now gain muscle..then later on make it tone muscle
    5. 3 times a week each time diff areas
    6. ehh i dont have a regular diet and i want a guide line on a good diet that would help me for what im wanting to do
    Cant analyze your diet if you havent posted it up....

    But if you want to see how to construct a nutrition plan Look Here this will give you all the info that you require, including working out how many calories you are burning off and how to construct an eating plan for you required amount of calories...
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  4. #4
    Coming Up The Ranks bbertram's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Aug 2007
    • Posts
      65
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Brandon, Manitoba
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      12

    Default

    Hi, I was wondering if someone can check out my diet and see what they think. So far I believe I am on track, I need to remove some fat I believe, probably out of my health shake might be best.

    (1) 5'10"
    (2) 205
    (3) 28
    (4) To loose weight (fat), tone up
    (5) 5 times per week, bike for an hour, about 23 kms (14 miles) at about 20-30 kph (10-20 mph)
    (6) Servings are based on calories to make up the require calories, carbs, protein and fat per day.

    If anymore details are required just let me know and I can tell you.


    EDIT: Later in the spreadsheet I removed my post-workout section. I decided just to merge into all into three fields. So whenever you see me taking a Amino Vital drink thats when I did my workout. I skipped a few days in this spreadsheet though, working on the house alot. I weighed myself on the 8th of August I believe at 205, I feel lighter since then but I won't be weighing or measuring myself till September 8th.
    Last edited by bbertram; 08-16-2007 at 09:58 AM.

  5. #5
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if someone can check out my diet and see what they think. So far I believe I am on track, I need to remove some fat I believe, probably out of my health shake might be best.

    (1) 5'10"
    (2) 205
    (3) 28
    (4) To loose weight (fat), tone up
    (5) 5 times per week, bike for an hour, about 23 kms (14 miles) at about 20-30 kph (10-20 mph)
    (6) Servings are based on calories to make up the require calories, carbs, protein and fat per day.

    If anymore details are required just let me know and I can tell you.




    EDIT: Later in the spreadsheet I removed my post-workout section. I decided just to merge into all into three fields. So whenever you see me taking a Amino Vital drink thats when I did my workout. I skipped a few days in this spreadsheet though, working on the house alot. I weighed myself on the 8th of August I believe at 205, I feel lighter since then but I won't be weighing or measuring myself till September 8th.
    Your calorie intake (to lose max 2 lb per week) if you are normally sedentary through the day, and only perform the cycling with no weights or other training except cycling should be 2155, calories per day. Dont try to lose more than 2lb per week unless you want to lose muscle and hold onto fat....
    Last edited by Doug; 08-16-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  6. #6
    Coming Up The Ranks bbertram's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Aug 2007
    • Posts
      65
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Brandon, Manitoba
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      12

    Default

    Thanks, I plan to start lifting weights in the gym 3 days a week and biking only 2 days a week. Will this throw me for a loop with my current diet?

  7. #7
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
    Thanks, I plan to start lifting weights in the gym 3 days a week and biking only 2 days a week. Will this throw me for a loop with my current diet?

    At your bodyweight your cycling will use up approx 900 calories per session, so if you cut back by three sessions of cycling, and do three sessions of weight training, then you will only be using up 512 calories per session instead of 900, so you should cut the calories by approx 170 per day....
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  8. #8
    Coming Up The Ranks bbertram's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Aug 2007
    • Posts
      65
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Brandon, Manitoba
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    At your bodyweight your cycling will use up approx 900 calories per session, so if you cut back by three sessions of cycling, and do three sessions of weight training, then you will only be using up 512 calories per session instead of 900, so you should cut the calories by approx 170 per day....

    Your a great help, thank you. Another question. I was on here a few days ago and found a work out routine for loosing fat, low reps high weight I believe. Now I can't find it. Do you think you can point me in the right direction. This website is really great, allot of useful information on here. Thank you again.

  9. #9
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
    Your a great help, thank you. Another question. I was on here a few days ago and found a work out routine for loosing fat, low reps high weight I believe. Now I can't find it. Do you think you can point me in the right direction. This website is really great, allot of useful information on here. Thank you again.
    For losing bodyfat use a combination of diet and cardio, use weight training to keep the lean body mass, which involves heavy training and reps no more than 10
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  10. #10
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Nov 2007
    • Posts
      11
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      california
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    "
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    For anyone posting their diet up in this new section it would also help if you could include the following information...
    (1) Height
    (2) Weight
    (3) Age
    (4) Training goal
    (5) How many times you train per week
    (6) Approximate serving size of food (this would help greatly)

    Here is mine:

    (1) 5'9"
    (2) 180lbs
    (3) 30
    (4) weight lose/fat reduction
    (5) M/W/F full body workout
    M/W/F 30 min cardio (10 min elliptical warmup, 10 min HIIT treadmil, 10 min stairmaster)
    Tue/Thur 40 min cardio (10 min bike additional to M/W/F cardio)

    1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1 organic egg, 3 cup of skim milk, 1 apple, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1 pear, 1 banana, 4 scoop of protein shake on (M/W/F) and 2 scoop on (Tue/Thu), 4 tbs of unpoped corn makes up 8 cup of air popped corn, 15 almond raw, 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs black beans, 1 tbs quinoa, 1 tbs flax seeds, 1 canned (6 oz) tuna or salmon, vegie (1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 small potato, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup spinach, 1 bell pepper, 1 hot pepper, 1 cup green beans, 1 carrot)

  11. #11
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Feb 2008
    • Posts
      9
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Canada
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    For anyone posting their diet up in this new section it would also help if you could include the following information...
    (1) Height
    (2) Weight
    (3) Age
    (4) Training goal
    (5) How many times you train per week
    (6) Approximate serving size of food (this would help greatly)
    I'd like to see what you think of my eating habits:

    (1) 6' 4"
    (2) 211 (this morning, right after a nice long pee!)
    (3) 36
    (4) As of last week - to go from 23% BF - 18% BF
    (5) 5 times a week (sometimes 6)
    (6) my diet follows - for the most part, a portion is roughly the size of my fist, or palm of hand.

    7am - Portion of Low fat Cottage cheese / Portion of non fat Yogurt / 2 Teaspoons of crushed flax seed / a large glass of cold water / a cup of coffee on the way to work (1 teaspoon of white sugar / 1% milk - this is my indulgence)

    9:30 - Protein Shake (100% Gold Standard) - I just changed this meal to a Protein only shake. I used to take a meal replacement shake, but a friend told me to try Protein only, and see if it changes my BF loss, as maybe I could live without the carbs in the meal replacement shake.

    12:00 - Boneless skinless chiken breast / whole wheat rice / carrots (portion of each) - glass of water

    2:30 - Protein shake (100% Gold standard)

    5:00 - Salmon filet / baked potato / asparagus (portion of each), glass of water

    8:00 PM - workout

    9:30 PM - Egg white omelet, 2 tablespoons salsa, a teaspoon of low fat mayo, whole wheat tortilla, glass of water, 2 teaspoons of flax seed.

    10:30 - bed time....

    I've been eating this way for about 2 1/2 months. I think i was about 26% BF when I started (225 pounds) and was about 23% (212 pounds) a weeks ago. I dropped a pound in the last week...so i guess its working. I'm wondering if using the Protein only shake is a good thing or bad thing, since I am missing my carbs for 2 meals of the day.

    thanx to anyone who posts a response!

  12. #12
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    I'd like to see what you think of my eating habits:

    (1) 6' 4"
    (2) 211 (this morning, right after a nice long pee!)
    (3) 36
    (4) As of last week - to go from 23% BF - 18% BF
    (5) 5 times a week (sometimes 6)
    (6) my diet follows - for the most part, a portion is roughly the size of my fist, or palm of hand.

    7am - Portion of Low fat Cottage cheese / Portion of non fat Yogurt / 2 Teaspoons of crushed flax seed / a large glass of cold water / a cup of coffee on the way to work (1 teaspoon of white sugar / 1% milk - this is my indulgence)

    9:30 - Protein Shake (100% Gold Standard) - I just changed this meal to a Protein only shake. I used to take a meal replacement shake, but a friend told me to try Protein only, and see if it changes my BF loss, as maybe I could live without the carbs in the meal replacement shake.

    12:00 - Boneless skinless chiken breast / whole wheat rice / carrots (portion of each) - glass of water

    2:30 - Protein shake (100% Gold standard)

    5:00 - Salmon filet / baked potato / asparagus (portion of each), glass of water

    8:00 PM - workout

    9:30 PM - Egg white omelet, 2 tablespoons salsa, a teaspoon of low fat mayo, whole wheat tortilla, glass of water, 2 teaspoons of flax seed.

    10:30 - bed time....

    I've been eating this way for about 2 1/2 months. I think i was about 26% BF when I started (225 pounds) and was about 23% (212 pounds) a weeks ago. I dropped a pound in the last week...so i guess its working. I'm wondering if using the Protein only shake is a good thing or bad thing, since I am missing my carbs for 2 meals of the day.

    thanx to anyone who posts a response!
    Have you worked out how many calories you require per day to achieve your goal..??

    Personally I think you are lacking carbohydrates, and essential fats..especially as you say that each portion is the size of the palm of your hand.....

    have you calculated how many grams or ounces of each particular food group you are consuming...
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  13. #13
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Feb 2008
    • Posts
      9
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Canada
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default hmm

    I have calculated that I need 3295 calories/day to maintain my weight. Subtract 500 calories per day for weight loss = 2795 per day.

    what is the effect of not taking in enough carbs per day? By using the protein shake in lieu of the meal replacement shake, Ii have only reduced my daily carbohydrate intake by 46 grams...

    I thought that by eating salmon a couple of times per week, in conjunction with the flax seed on a daily basis, I would be getting enough of the essential fats? no?
    Last edited by Canuck1; 03-13-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: forgot a little bit...

  14. #14
    Trusted Advisor Doug's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2006
    • Posts
      32,473
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      UK
    • Reputation
      1,385,257,343
    • Rep Power
      13,852,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    I have calculated that I need 3295 calories/day to maintain my weight. Subtract 500 calories per day for weight loss = 2795 per day.

    what is the effect of not taking in enough carbs per day? By using the protein shake in lieu of the meal replacement shake, Ii have only reduced my daily carbohydrate intake by 46 grams...

    I thought that by eating salmon a couple of times per week, in conjunction with the flax seed on a daily basis, I would be getting enough of the essential fats? no?
    If you were using a 40/40/20 between protein, carbs, fats then the split would be 279g protein, 279g carbohydrates, 62g fats per day. Breaking this down into six meals would give 46.5g protein and carbs, 12g fats Per meal six times per day, (no fat in after training meal). 46g of carbohydrates is larger than the palm of the hand, unless you have huge hands....
    Doug

    Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

    * My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

    * My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

    * My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

    "You can't out-train a lousy diet"

  15. #15
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Feb 2008
    • Posts
      9
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Canada
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    If you were using a 40/40/20 between protein, carbs, fats then the split would be 279g protein, 279g carbohydrates, 62g fats per day. Breaking this down into six meals would give 46.5g protein and carbs, 12g fats Per meal six times per day, (no fat in after training meal). 46g of carbohydrates is larger than the palm of the hand, unless you have huge hands....
    Doug, thanx for the rapid responses....

    But I am still confused.

    I have done a little research and determined that if carb levels are low, then the body will look to the liver first, and muscle second, to find energy. This would be bad...cause I don't want to lose muscle (I've worked hard enough for the little muscle I have).

    But with my current diet, I seem to be losing about a pound a week - which is good....but my body fat still seems to be high at 23%, and somehow, I am getting stronger as well...which leads me to believe that my muscles are growing???? If I eat more carbs, how in the heck am I going to reduce body fat percentage? Should I be eating more carbs, and less protein? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I think I need a personal trainer and a personal chef.

  16. #16
    M&S Power User Maxmilian's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2007
    • Posts
      1,879
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Tirana,Albania
    • Reputation
      13,353,969
    • Rep Power
      133,560

    Default

    Weight:93kg
    Height:180cm
    Age:14
    Goal:Get cut
    Training: 3 times a week daimens home-based workout,7 days a week slow peace cardio twice a day

    Diet:
    500ml of milk
    1 whole egg
    4 egg whites
    1 onion
    2 tomatoes
    226 gr(8 oz) of cottage cheese
    2portions of 170gr of cod
    2 oranges and 2 apples
    450 gr of youghurt
    4 pieces of whole wheat bread
    for a total of 1937 calories
    171 grams of protein,191 grams of carbs ,54 grams of fat
    protein 35%,40% carbs,25% fat
    "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."

  17. #17
    M&S Power User Maxmilian's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2007
    • Posts
      1,879
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Tirana,Albania
    • Reputation
      13,353,969
    • Rep Power
      133,560

    Default

    vk
    Last edited by Maxmilian; 03-17-2008 at 11:07 AM.
    "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."

  18. #18
    Regular Poster big t's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2007
    • Posts
      449
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      SOME WERE SQUATING MY GUT'S OUT
    • Reputation
      219
    • Rep Power
      16

    Default lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1 View Post
    Doug, thanx for the rapid responses....

    But I am still confused.

    I have done a little research and determined that if carb levels are low, then the body will look to the liver first, and muscle second, to find energy. This would be bad...cause I don't want to lose muscle (I've worked hard enough for the little muscle I have).

    But with my current diet, I seem to be losing about a pound a week - which is good....but my body fat still seems to be high at 23%, and somehow, I am getting stronger as well...which leads me to believe that my muscles are growing???? If I eat more carbs, how in the heck am I going to reduce body fat percentage? Should I be eating more carbs, and less protein? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I think I need a personal trainer and a personal chef.
    i liked to have drove myself crazy worring about this shizzz trust me on this it works worry more about size of meal then if your gettin x amout of this or that.. example all fish portions should be around 6 oz,all beef should be 4 oz, all chicken should be 4 or 6oz all complex carbs should be no biger then a cup. it's that easy watch your weight if your loseing more then 2 lb a week add a couple of oz to your protein take fish tabs, flex oil tabs.. i think we all think our selfs into trouble it also takes all the fun out of it.. just watch your self your body will tell you what it needs just here it.
    weight training is not my life just a means to have a life, so wear out or rust out it's up to you!

  19. #19
    M&S Power User Maxmilian's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Jul 2007
    • Posts
      1,879
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Tirana,Albania
    • Reputation
      13,353,969
    • Rep Power
      133,560

    Default

    vk
    "Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas."

  20. #20
    Coming Up The Ranks sduffee's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Feb 2008
    • Posts
      214
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      dfw airport
    • Reputation
      24
    • Rep Power
      13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    For anyone posting their diet up in this new section it would also help if you could include the following information...
    (1) Height
    (2) Weight
    (3) Age
    (4) Training goal
    (5) How many times you train per week
    (6) Approximate serving size of food (this would help greatly)


    This is what I have as a goal...

    (1) 73 in
    (2) 221.9
    (3) Old as dirt... 43
    (4) Cut for now, build muscle after the spare tire is gone...
    (5) 4 day @ 1 to 1 1/2 hour a day,,, cardio, bike, abs and lift weights and shower. (not all in one day, its a spilt )
    (6) I eat low fats....breakfast oat meal & protein, fruits (apple,banana,orange.) every day, tuna out of can for lunch, protein drink a.m., before workout, after workout, p.m. with 2% milk, chicken, fish, lean beef, pork, Water.......
    Last edited by sduffee; 04-05-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: weight change


    If you can't run with the Big Dogs, then keep your ass on the porch.....

  21. #21
    Coming Up The Ranks CCCC's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Mar 2008
    • Posts
      246
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Toronto
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      13

    Default Diet...

    Doug,

    I am 6'0
    175 lbs
    35 years old
    Goal: Add Muscle
    4 days per week

    Diet: Always small portions.
    Breakfast: Whole Grain cereal with 1% Milk and Expand Creatine Shake.
    Workout at 7 am to 8:15am followed by a protein shake mixed with Gatorade powder
    Peanut butter sandwich at 10am with a decaf coffee
    Lunch at 12 – either turkey or chicken breast, tuna, egg with fruit (grapes usually)
    Afternoon snack at 2:30 – low fat yogurt
    Carb, fat, protein shake at 4pm
    Dinner at 6 – chicken or salmon usually. Potatoes, sweet potatoes or brown rice with vegetables
    1 cup of low sodium V8 at 7pm
    Whole grain cereal at 8pm with herbal tea
    Carb, fat, protein shake at 10 pm
    Bed at 11.

    This is during the week…weekends vary a little bit more with a few beers added in.

  22. #22
    High on Life linedriver465's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2007
    • Posts
      10,059
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      USA
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      520,491,215
    • Rep Power
      5,204,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CCCC View Post
    Doug,

    I am 6'0
    175 lbs
    35 years old
    at 10 pm

    This is during the week…weekends vary a little bit more with a few beers added in.
    you say ur 35 years old , but your profile says ur less than 20 years old. might want to change it. Avoid beer at all costs, becuase it causes man boobs.
    Check out my article page!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/authors/nick-ludlow

    "Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates
    https://www.facebook.com/nickludlow91

    Follow my lifting log!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76483-LD-s-Journey-to-Beastdom

  23. #23
    Coming Up The Ranks CCCC's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Mar 2008
    • Posts
      246
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Toronto
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      13

    Default

    will do...thanks. How does the rest look?

  24. #24
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Apr 2008
    • Posts
      2
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Tone Up
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      20001
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default Critique diet

    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 195 lbs
    Age: 26
    Goals: Tone
    Train: 3 days per week

    Worked out on and off over past 4 years. Graduate student
    Eat in campus cafe
    Breakfast: Scrambed eggs/turkey sausage
    1 bowl of raisin bran with skim or 2% milk
    Canned pinapples or mandarin oranges
    Coffee/Orange juice

    On a day

    Lunch: Some days McDonalds Grilled Chicken Asian Salad
    or quick lunch on busy days banana/pear/2 protein bars

    Dinner: Usually what is available Baked meat (i.e chicken, pork chop, etc...)
    Mixed vegetables. Try to resist starch although occasionally get mashed potatoes or a roll. Bowl of salad with italian dressing. Sometimes a bowl of chilli to raisin bran to for desert.

    Midnight snack: Fruit/trail mix (probably should stop this if not trying to gain weight)

    What am I doing right/wrong, where do I need more consistency?

    Thanks
    Jonathan

  25. #25
    Just joined M&S
    • Join Date
      Apr 2008
    • Posts
      3
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Essex
    • Reputation
      10
    • Rep Power
      0

    Default Diet critique

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    For anyone posting their diet up in this new section it would also help if you could include the following information...
    (1) Height
    (2) Weight
    (3) Age
    (4) Training goal
    (5) How many times you train per week
    (6) Approximate serving size of food (this would help greatly)
    Hi Doug

    6 ft
    14 stone
    38 years old
    Initially muscle mass, especially legs
    I train 4 times per week and just going to start your 4 day routine!

    Have been working out for 2 months and have put an inch on my arms and chest. Pretty happy with results, but is my diet holding me back? I understand how important getting it right is so thanks for your advice. Please find my current diet plan as attached.

    Cheers!

    Boftrix

    Doh, attachment didnt work; trying again!
    Last edited by Boftrix; 04-12-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Doh, attachment didnt work!!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My diet. Advice wanted. Does this diet suit my workout?
    By bennyboy3001uk in forum Critique My Diet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
  2. Bulking Diet & Cutting Diet
    By JBTREP in forum Critique My Diet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. Diet soda vs non diet
    By Mlavey in forum Beginners Questions & Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 07:35 AM
  4. CRITIQUE this diet (bulking and cutting diet)
    By aussie29 in forum Critique My Diet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 08:42 AM
  5. Semi-low carb diet low glycemic diet to cut the flab
    By yannick35 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •