MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Default Possible to lose weight so quickly?

Monday i checked the scale. It said about 213 lbs, today(Wednesday, 2 days later) at same time of day (fasted, pre cardio state) the scale registered 209 lbs.

I've had to stop my heavy weight training routine since last wednesday due to an injury, and since i took weight training out of the picture i cut my calories accordingly. Up until then, i have been changing my BF composition considerably with my routine, but my weight would generally be extremely reluctant to change, maybe one pound per 2 weeks.

It's been a week since i did weight training, and it appears my body has stopped building muscle and only opted to lose weight. I can only imagine that at such a quick rate, i'm losing some muscle and fat at the same time. But so quickly?

Also, despite the injury, i am able to perform LIT fasted cardio 3 times a week nevertheless on a calorie restricted diet. I take it that is a factor in the weight loss.

Observations on this? Is it technically possible to get these numbers?

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Of course it is. You can drop 3-5 pounds in a few days, but you can't drop that in fat. It's water weight. -EK
    Donít chase the 1%, there is no magic training routine or diet thatís going to provide any measurable results over the basic principles for getting huge and strong: Train heavy, eat and sleep more.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

body weight can fluctuate throughout the course of the week, so its entirely possible to have a different weight (plus or minus) each day of the week. You are better off checking it only once a week (at the same time of day) That shoudl give you the most consistant weigh ins.
    Fahrenheit Forum Rep
    Web: FNutrition.com Twitter: @Fahrenheitnutri
    2012:The Recomp Begins - Steve Reeves Classic Full Body Workout & The Lean Gains / IF

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Water weight? I drink over a gallon of water each single day, i count my water intake as carefully as i count my calories. Can you explain what water weight has to do with everything?

body weight can fluctuate throughout the course of the week, so its entirely possible to have a different weight (plus or minus) each day of the week. You are better off checking it only once a week (at the same time of day) That shoudl give you the most consistant weigh ins.
    Yes, this was my initial suspicion, but even then, aren't those numbers even too erratic to benefit from such an explanation? Generally speaking, i agree with you 100%: i measure weight on mondays, and on sundays i do my measurements at the same time of day, once every 2 weeks.
    Last edited by diomedes; 01-20-2010 at 09:32 AM.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Water bonds to carbs to form glycogen, which is stored in the liver and muscles. Depending on your carb intake up to 72 hours beforehand, this can result in fluctuations in water weight. Sodium intake also causes these fluctuations. -EK
    Last edited by EKnight; 01-20-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    Donít chase the 1%, there is no magic training routine or diet thatís going to provide any measurable results over the basic principles for getting huge and strong: Train heavy, eat and sleep more.