MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Shaun's Muscle Building Workouts ... any Cutting workouts

Ive been using Shaun's 3 day split muscle building workout for 8 weeks now. Going on a camping trip at the end of this week so works out well to be able to take a weeks break from weight training.

First up love the 3 day split!!!!! Day 2 kills me, but its the one day i look forward to each week

After the break im going to go use one of Shaun's 4 day splits
    1. I think this is the newer one .... http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...-by-shaun.html

OR

2. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...t-routine.html

Both of them are seem to be similar with the particular exercises you are doing just different days of when you are training muscle groups

I guess since ive been doing the 3 day split for a couple months now and this workout is similar to the second of Shauns 4 day workouts ... do you think im better off doing the 4 day split that starts with the legs on day 1? or does it not really matter??

Also just planning ahead i guess ... when i get to 80kgs or when August hits (whichever come first) i was planning on starting a cut phase. Doing about 30+ minutes of cardio in the AM before work. Then a further 30+ minutes of cardio after each weight training session

Hoping Shaun himself could answer this
    Do you have a particular Cut workout/routine you can post up? couldnt find one by you in the Cut/Tone workout webpages on this site.
    Or do you think i can just keep using your muscle building routine and add the cardio i was talking about above along with the change of calorie intake with the diet?
    Last edited by ollieB; 03-07-2010 at 01:15 AM.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I can't see the days the legs are getting worked really mattering.
    Both workouts look pretty solid, and if you stick with one consistently you will see results.

I'll try and aswer Shauns question for you.
    - You can still use a muscle building workout for cutting, all you will need to do is to adjust the calories and add in the cardio.
    Shauns workouts should be fine to use for cutting, just make sure you bring in those adjustments for the diet and cardio.

Hope that helps
    Consistency is the key

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Thanks for the reply man. Thats good to know that i was on the right thought of mind. Just need someone to confirm it sometimes hey

In Shaun's notes for the chest workout says to alternate between barbell and dumbells for the chest presses. Would it be ok to do both d/b and b/b for both incline and flat chest presses? So i mean starting with the incline chest presses, say i start with the B/B then second set use D/B then third set use the B/B and last fourth set use the D/B ... then same again for flat bench chest presses.

No harm in doing this method is there? or would it be better to do the whole incline bench chest presses using a B/B then ONLY use the D/B the following week... therefore swapping between B/B and D/B from week to week rather than between sets as i stated above? If so... how come? just for my own information
    Last edited by ollieB; 03-07-2010 at 04:43 AM.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I think the changes mean every week, so one week you will use barbells for the chest presses, and the next week dumbells. I couldn't imagine switching between every set.

The reason for this is variety I believe.
    You can PM ( private message ) Shaun for a more indepth answer on the reason.

Hope that helps
    Consistency is the key