MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Just starting out....

I know is nuthin pretty but gota start somme where, beeng goin to the gym month a half now pictures were takin a month in so in 3-6months ill show the after math, hopfuly there will be some. 5'4 weighin in at 140 lbs

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

What are your goals?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Get more cut but stronger, so atm im just kinda bulking putin on muscle then im gonna cut? From what i understand it seems best to do that but my end goal would be to just look more built/lean
    Last edited by lcpldoogle101; 06-23-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by lcpldoogle101 View Post
    Get more cut but stronger, so atm im just kinda bulking putin on muscle then im gonna cut? From what i understand it seems best to do that but my end goal would be to just look more built/lean
    Ha ha thats everyones goal! "im just kinda bulking putin on muscle then im gonna cut?" Sounds like you dont know.... It is summer so suggestion of cutting comes to thought. Remember you must pick bulking or cutting to see results and then sort your diet accordingly. Find out what you would rather do, gain muscle or cut fat and then get your nutrition sorted out. Set a goal for one month from now and then make it happen. Dont say "well i want to get bigger and cut my fat" because results like that wont come without years of training, and you will say to yourself "im not getting any results, i will never get the body i want" and you will quit. Ive seen it happen SOOO many times!
    Last edited by Coach; 06-23-2010 at 05:00 PM.

BGD - Superset Superman muscletrainerdh's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I know is nuthin pretty but gota start somme where, beeng goin to the gym month a half now pictures were takin a month in so in 3-6months ill show the after math, hopfuly there will be some. 5'4 weighin in at 140 lbs

Bruin is correct, you need to decide on a concrete goal and work towards it.

Judging by this pictuer alone, I would be cutting and reducing your bodyfat%.

If you don't know what your body fat % is, I'd submit your waist (around the belly button), wrist (where the hand attaches to the arm), height and weight to Doug in this thread:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...dyfat-806.html

I suspect you are closer to 20% body fat and the more fat you add, the harder it will be to get off. So might as well start cutting down now.

Good luck,

Dave
    POWER LEVEL: 54,481

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by muscletrainerdh View Post
    Bruin is correct, you need to decide on a concrete goal and work towards it.

Judging by this pictuer alone, I would be cutting and reducing your bodyfat%.

If you don't know what your body fat % is, I'd submit your waist (around the belly button), wrist (where the hand attaches to the arm), height and weight to Doug in this thread:
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...dyfat-806.html

I suspect you are closer to 20% body fat and the more fat you add, the harder it will be to get off. So might as well start cutting down now.

Good luck,

Dave
    Yupp, daves 2 cents is great advise! Get a good cardio program, diet and weights training first. Start with the cutting. Your young so you will naturally gain a very little, small, kinda noticeable gain of muscle. However starting with a cut is a phenominal idea!! Get the fat down, you seen to be built like me i a way with the long arms, so cutting the fat will help! Your chest should be your main concern right now!

If your 20% body fat right now, set your goal for like 15% BF in say 2 months!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Guess i have more replannin to do, ill get a measurin tape tommrow to post my stats up. Im gonna browse a bit more on cutting my only consern is, is there such a thing of to much workin out i run almost 5 days a week already of 3miles up to 15miles. Then later in the afternoon lift So its hard to have the same routine with my job atleast the rest part. Last year i started at 165lbs and dropped to 125 beleave it or not my physique mainly stayed the same so ive been tryin to do some readin and have more info on how to change it. Goal wise i guess it just shifted to cuttin my boddie fat by 5% in a month.(thx for the direction mainly why i posted) Thank you so much for the quick responses and advice gents

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Guess i have more replannin to do, ill get a measurin tape tommrow to post my stats up. Im gonna browse a bit more on cutting my only consern is, is there such a thing of to much workin out i run almost 5 days a week already of 3miles up to 15miles. Then later in the afternoon lift So its hard to have the same routine with my job atleast the rest part. Last year i started at 165lbs and dropped to 125 beleave it or not my physique mainly stayed the same so ive been tryin to do some readin and have more info on how to change it. Goal wise i guess it just shifted to cuttin my boddie fat by 5% in a month.(thx for the direction mainly why i posted) Thank you so much for the quick responses and advice gents
    Running miles after miles after miles will more than likely burn muscle than fat. 20-45 mins of LIT cardio in the morning is extremely beneficial for fat burn. However, cutting is about 80% diet, 20% what you do in the gym.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Your atleast good to go training, i mean, you got pretty strong
    biceps, and traps i would say.

1 question , how tall are you ?
    You look about the same height as me.

I am 170 centimeters = 5.57 feet
    "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else."-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

im 64 inches (5'4) (5'5 on a good day)

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Yes , well i was thinking you were looking a bit short.

How old are you ?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

OK

Keep on training :]

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Can anyone tell me if its just fat or.....gyno?

Regular Poster
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I would definitely cut. You can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time if you are a beginner. You can and will gain strength and lose fat as well since strength and muscle mass are not mutually exclusive. I would go for a balanced exercise program utilising both resistance and cardio training.

This is a good opportunity to build up base strength, stamina and flexibility. Start with low weights and good form. Pick a good program with some basic compound lifts that involve many muscle groups at once. I have been working out for over a year and just now started bulking. I went from 210 pounds down to 165. I ended up making the mistake of cutting too much and lost some muscle in the process. I went from 34% down to 15% bodyfat and became too obsessed with cutting in the end. Now I am bulking and since I have been lifting for quite awhile I have a nice base strength to start out at and am enjoying myself and seeing great progress.

I also have the same problem with my chest. A lot of my excess fat collects down at the bottom of my chest and am currently working to fill it out. I doubt you have gyno but if you are unsure you can always see a doctor.