MEMBER LOGIN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    • Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by haulinbass View Post
    I'm chill.. I just hate it when 170lb guys quote me let alone give out false information to people about anything body building. A couple garbage meals a week isn't going to translate into anything noticeable bottom line, unless your not doing stuff right to begin with. Only time anyone should ever consider eating flawless 100% of the time is if they don't have much going on in life or if your body is paying the bills. Well whatever way you want to eat is up to you, just don't go around telling new guys that if they eat a couple mcdonalds cheese burger here and there they might as well not bother lifting.
    I think the bottom line is not everyone is the same. You may be able to garbage up a couple of times a week others can't. There's also a thing called willpower some have it some don't. Some people can go for awhile without having a cheat meal some can't. As for the they don't have much going on in life or if your body is paying the bills quote that makes no sense to me at all. There is a whole lot of options out there for everyone.
    Last edited by Blaster; 07-02-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    Living Large

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I think the bottom line is not everyone is the same. You may be able to garbage up a couple of times a week others can't. There's also a thing called willpower some have it some don't. Some people can go for awhile without having a cheat meal some can't. As for the they don't have much going on in life or if your body is paying the bills quote that makes no sense to me at all. There is a whole lot of options out there for everyone.
    You guys are ridicules. Ya 2 garbage meals a week and all suddenly your not gonna gain any muscle and your going to become the fattest guy in the world. No, it's not like that for you, me, or anyone else.

You eat atleast 350 meals in a 10 week period. 20 of them being garbage is going to have no effect on your muscle mass, bf %. Maybe it might effect you by 0.5 %. Who cares? Like I said, were not training for shows.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

I'm chill.. I just hate it when 170lb guys quote me let alone give out false information to people about anything body building. A couple garbage meals a week isn't going to translate into anything noticeable bottom line, unless your not doing stuff right to begin with. Only time anyone should ever consider eating flawless 100% of the time is if they don't have much going on in life or if your body is paying the bills. Well whatever way you want to eat is up to you, just don't go around telling new guys that if they eat a couple mcdonalds cheese burger here and there they might as well not bother lifting.
    That is a stupid quote.

Saying no one should ever have a strict diet is like saying no one should ever put 100% in at the gym.

Some people enjoy eating healthily, it is not necessary for your average weekend warrior to have a strict diet no. But having a good diet certainly has beneficial effects.
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

You guys are ridicules. Ya 2 garbage meals a week and all suddenly your not gonna gain any muscle and your going to become the fattest guy in the world. No, it's not like that for you, me, or anyone else.

You eat atleast 350 meals in a 10 week period. 20 of them being garbage is going to have no effect on your muscle mass, bf %. Maybe it might effect you by 0.5 %. Who cares? Like I said, were not training for shows.
    You act like your the only one in the gym with this reply. You quoted me and i said none of that. Just like your other posts on the full body vs. split routines it's your way or the highway. If it works for you fine but your not the only one in the gym.
    Living Large

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

First off, your a dumb ass if you think weight has anything to do with body building. Second, your also a dumb ass if you think im giving out false information. Third, your also a dumb ass if you think you know everything there is to know about body building. You obviously dont get the picture around here do you? Were not here to bash anyone. I didnt bash you, and your still bashing me. Granted ill stick up for myself as your obviously getting in my face after being asked to stop. But your immiture and have to have the last words.

Sorry if its me your referring to. I'm just here to help people the best I can. My intentions are to make sure people get the right information and not overwhelmed by some of the none sense that's out there. I almost quit before due to guys that were probably 150lbs giving me advice. Now i'm on my way to 215lbs cut. I just don't want people that were in my position to be ran out the door like i was.
    You make no sense. Can you please stop posting ignorant things like this? I never said "Well if your gonna eat like that might as well not train" You say your trying to help people when all your doing is saying your better than everyone. Help the number of people i have helped and then you can speak. Why tell him he can eat like that and gain muscle? I would be willing to say that he would gain more fat than muscle by eating out 2 times a week. If thats the case, dont you agree that he would get more frustrated due to the fat gains covering up the muscle gains? Dont you think that would make him quit even faster??? Making ignorant posts isnt gonna help anyone. Body Building topics are rarely black and while. While almost always a gray subject matter. If you knew that you wouldnt have said what you said to me. Maybe you should go learn a few things before speaking as if it were a one way topic.

Team Bear
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

BRUIN - Good points my man, but bad form. Instead of cursing at him and calling him immature, show your own maturity by ignoring the bait or debating the topic without name calling. It's seems like you have been letting a few people get to you around here lately.

haulinbass - There is a poster at Tnation named 1morerep. He is 160 pounds, and has one of the best physiques I have seen. I would certainly hope one would not dismiss his input based solely on the scale. I tend to think we can learn from all those who have achieved something.

Just my 2 cents.
    "Look son, there comes a time in every man's life when he has to make a decision. Do you want to be big, powerful, jacked, yoked-up, have women everywhere want you and men fear you . . . or do you want to do CrossFit?"

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Of course it could effect a persons BF% It would largely depend on the fat and calorie content of the 20 meals, 20 McDonalds meals (burger, fries, drink) would equate to 1500 calories per meal
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleCub View Post

haulinbass - There is a poster at Tnation named 1morerep. He is 160 pounds, and has one of the best physiques I have seen. I would certainly hope one would not dismiss his input based solely on the scale. I tend to think we can learn from all those who have achieved something.
    I agree, I know some great lightweight body builders and trainers
    Doug

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

1morerep:

Muscle & Strength Store
    - 10k products from over 300 brands
    - 500+ unbeatable deals
    - Same-day shipping
    - Free samples
    - Shipping worldwide

Follow M&S:
    Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Tumblr | Google+

Follow Me:
    Instagram | Twitter

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleCub View Post
    BRUIN - Good points my man, but bad form. Instead of cursing at him and calling him immature, show your own maturity by ignoring the bait or debating the topic without name calling. It's seems like you have been letting a few people get to you around here lately.
    Thanks MC. I honestly dont get it. Im one of the nicest guys here, and alot of people know that! If you read my first post i dont say anything to/about the guy. lol all i said was that i gained fat when i ate out. Then he bashes me. Then again i ignore it and continue the debate, and again he calls me out. I let it go 2 times already..... this guy needs to be gone!

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    1morerep:

These transformation pictures are always amazing. I love the way he's depicted eating ice cream in the second shot where he's in great shape.

Not that there's anything wrong with ice cream, all things in moderation (not ALL things though since some in moderation are still toxic/poisonous )
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg

Banned
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Just goes to show!!

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

When I was 18 I was a skinny bugger and pretty much needed to eat anything not tied down to grow.

Now I'm nearly 43 and if I look at ice cream in the store I gain a pound.

The one thing I learned from age is moderation. Youth is forgiving...the aging process is not.
    Big & Strong = Heavy Compounds + Progression + Food

Follow M&S: Facebook Twitter

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

I think this forum id full of ******* who like to fight with keyboards! Bruin, you are not a nice guy you put poeple down all the time, so don't lie!

I'm leaving this site!
    Last edited by Doug; 07-03-2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: inappropriate

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by BRUIN View Post
    Thanks MC. I honestly dont get it. Im one of the nicest guys here, and alot of people know that! If you read my first post i dont say anything to/about the guy. lol all i said was that i gained fat when i ate out. Then he bashes me. Then again i ignore it and continue the debate, and again he calls me out. I let it go 2 times already..... this guy needs to be gone!
    Statements like this don't really help

Quote Originally Posted by XaviorBlack View Post
    I think this forum id full of ******s who like to fight with keyboards! Bruin, you are not a nice guy you put poeple down all the time, so don't lie!

I'm leaving this site!
    Thanks!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
    Statements like this don't really help

Thanks!
    r u thankn me for leaving? Or thanks for speakin my mind?

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

r u thankn me for leaving? Or thanks for speakin my mind?
    I never thank anyone for leaving, it was for your blanket statement and the fact that it does not refer to the majority of members here! If a person doesn't like a thread, or the way it is heading, they have no need to post in it. If you refer back to my last post, the bit I thanked you for was put in bold (and the thanks was sarcasm)

The forum is like a family; we bicker, we disagree, we fall out, we make up, it's part of life...but we all get along

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

The forum is like a family; we bicker, we disagree, we fall out, we make up, it's part of life...but we all get along
    lol...I agree
    Doug

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    lol...I agree
    No fair, you got all these great smilies and I've tried no end of times to upload them

I think that smiley's henpecked

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Sex Appeal

sounds great but you all must be family or somthang coz all i read is bull****t skwabling and etc. Nvrmind, i got better things to do.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

sounds great but you all must be family or somthang coz all i read is bull****t skwabling and etc. Nvrmind, i got better things to do.
    Spelling and grammer lessons maybe ?
    Doug

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Spelling and grammer lessons maybe ?
    That's grammAr with an "A" Doug

M&S Senior Member
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

I can see where Hallinbass is coming from.

Huge gains can be made without following the book 100%. Why scare someone off from training that likes to indulge a bit.
    I'll say this again. Westside Barbell took me from benching 250 to 305. My diet was crap, I partied constantly and had an obscene amount of sex. Oh, and over those two years I also lost 7 pounds.

....sometimes it is better to let someone get hooked on training then they can fine tune everything. Training poorly is better than not training at all.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

That's grammAr with an "A" Doug
    I'm having spelling lessons with XaviorBlack...lol
    Doug

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by sahorn View Post
    I can see where Hallinbass is coming from.

Huge gains can be made without following the book 100%. Why scare someone off from training that likes to indulge a bit.
    I'll say this again. Westside Barbell took me from benching 250 to 305. My diet was crap, I partied constantly and had an obscene amount of sex. Oh, and over those two years I also lost 7 pounds.

....sometimes it is better to let someone get hooked on training then they can fine tune everything. Training poorly is better than not training at all.
    Just think of the gains you would of got if you had a good diet. The original poster was referring to BUILDING MUSCLE, not building STRENGTH, you can build strength on a crap diet but not muscle (apart from total beginners as I have already stated)
    Doug