MEMBER LOGIN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

To start we need to understand only 2 simple laws of human physiology. The first being that the brain's #1 and favorite source of fuel is glucose, or the human form of "sugar". Yes, the brain can live on other sources, but it would much rather live off of glucose and will put up one hell of a fight to do so. This brings us to the second point, which is that all 3 of the macronutrients, fats, carbohydrates and proteins can be converted into glucose. And for the record, protein is easier to convert than fat

The brain has tons of insulin receptors! So when blood sugar and insulin gets too low, the brain is the first to know. Now comes the tie-in: because the brains favorite source of fuel is glucose, it will take the next thing you put in to your body and use it to restore glucose and glycogen levels. Yes, even proteins.So if you are using a whey protein supplement, you can easily see that it is going to be used for exactly what we don't want. When blood glucose and insulin levels are low all the protein is going to be used to restore those glucose levels, i.e. for energy. And that is expensive energy

So I take my stand with Abaddon on using Whey with milk, and as far as shooting the insulin levels up, any high GI carbohydrate(viz. a sugary drink or dextrose) can do it, but spare the whey...
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do Deadlift"

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I'm supprised this argument has gone on for so long. Honestly, get some protein in the morning wether some is wasted or not you are getting yourself out of a catabolic state.
    Slow bulking to 190 lbs.
    Current weight 181.2 lbs.

Größte Mutter im Zimmer Abaddon's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

Quote Originally Posted by hpglow View Post
    I'm supprised this argument has gone on for so long. Honestly, get some protein in the morning wether some is wasted or not you are getting yourself out of a catabolic state.
    Yes, of course, but if you're paying top dollar for your protein coz it's powder in a jar, best to make sure you're using all of it.
    WEST AUSTRALIAN AMATEUR STRONGMAN
    AXLE CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs/ 231 lbs BENCH PRESS: 135 kgs / 298 lbs DEADLIFT: 220 kgs / 485 lbs FARMERS WALK: 240 kgs / 530 lbs, for 50 feet FRONT SQUAT: 100 kgs / 220 lbs KROC ROW: 82.5 kgs / 182 lbs left 5 reps, right 4 reps LOG CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs STANDING OHP: 90 kgs / 198 lbs TYRE FLIP: 260 kgs / 573 lbs, for 100 feet

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Yes, of course, but if you're paying top dollar for your protein coz it's powder in a jar, best to make sure you're using all of it.
    Do you drink your urine to get back the waste from your multivitimin I just buy the cheap protein and I barely use it so I'm just giving you crap.
    Slow bulking to 190 lbs.
    Current weight 181.2 lbs.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Again, if you're having your whey powder mixed with water but it isn't the only thing you are consuming in that meal, why would that be a problem? If your macros are correct, what difference does the water make?
    37 Years Old, 5'9", 188 lbs, Routine: Boxing/Machines/CARDIO, Current Cycle: Cutting

• Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Other

Do you drink your urine to get back the waste from your multivitimin I just buy the cheap protein and I barely use it so I'm just giving you crap.
    lyoto machida does.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Again, if you're having your whey powder mixed with water but it isn't the only thing you are consuming in that meal, why would that be a problem? If your macros are correct, what difference does the water make?
    Did you read the information in the link I posted?

If that doesn't answer your questions - and you're still adamant you're doing it right - keep right on doing it mate.
    AXLE CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs/ 231 lbs BENCH PRESS: 135 kgs / 298 lbs DEADLIFT: 220 kgs / 485 lbs FARMERS WALK: 240 kgs / 530 lbs, for 50 feet FRONT SQUAT: 100 kgs / 220 lbs KROC ROW: 82.5 kgs / 182 lbs left 5 reps, right 4 reps LOG CLEAN-PRESS: 105 kgs STANDING OHP: 90 kgs / 198 lbs TYRE FLIP: 260 kgs / 573 lbs, for 100 feet

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Do you drink your urine to get back the waste from your multivitimin
    no, but most people do take it with food to help maximize uptake.
    Current Supps: Controlled Labs Orange Triad, NOW Foods Ultra Omega-3, EvoMuse: Gut Health

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
    Did you read the information in the link I posted?

If that doesn't answer your questions - and you're still adamant you're doing it right - keep right on doing it mate.
    Yes, I read the post and the link. I'm not adamant, I'm just curious. If you are eating a meal that has the same macros as milk+whey, what the hell difference does it make if there is water involved or not?

Besides, this is the only place I've heard or read this. And it's a study from 1992. Just saying.
    37 Years Old, 5'9", 188 lbs, Routine: Boxing/Machines/CARDIO, Current Cycle: Cutting

M&S Senior Member spartanwarrior's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

Some people here don't understand that some of us can't take milk to the gym -_-
    As I am doing now, I take whey+milk after waking up, and whey+water+dextrose after working out.
    Be lean, be big

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Quote Originally Posted by spartanwarrior View Post
    Some people here don't understand that some of us can't take milk to the gym -_-
    you dont have to be able to take milk to the gym, just have milk where youre going after you leave the gym :P
    Current Supps: Controlled Labs Orange Triad, NOW Foods Ultra Omega-3, EvoMuse: Gut Health

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

As I am doing now, I take whey+milk after waking up, and whey+water+dextrose after working out.
    Your body wont care if it takes you 15-20 mins after you train to take your protein shake.

Most gyms sell protein shakes ready made, and you can buy bulk ready made protein shakes, so if you really cant wait you could get one of those?
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training – and life." - Wendler

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

And I've told you before that the whey+water+dextrose combination is not optimum without also adding egg white - in another thread - but you don't pay attention.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default whey shake when you wake up

Yes, whey + milk is the best. If you live close to your gym, then get home and have whey + milk, you can wait 15-20 mins and it won't matter. If you have to have your whey at the gym, have it with water + glucose. No, it isn't ideal, but it's better than nothing.

Now can we please finish this argument and go lift some weights
    Progression every session.