MEMBER LOGIN

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

Default Silva or Belfort

ive been waiting for this matchup for so long, i was upset wen belfort got hurt and maia had to step in which was a terrible fight. Belfort is the only guy that i can see going toe-to-toe silva exchanging blows and he has better hands then silva, i think belfort gives anderson his first loss in the UFC, wut do u guys think?

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I think, based on Vitor's past, if he doesn't go out there and knock out Silva in the round 1 or 2, he is completely screwed. He has showed time and time again that he lacks the ability to implement a well rounded game plan and lacks the ability to weather the storm. Silva knows this. Anderson will simply weather the early storm, take it to the later rounds and KO belfort. Belfort is however probably the most vicious puncher of all time, and like I said, his only chance is to land in round 1 or 2.

This card is stacked:
    Griffin vs. Franklin: We have 2 Silva victims here. This one is close. Griffin needs this win to stay alive in the organization. Franklin is a chess master with knock out power. Tough call, but I pick Griffin to make his long awaited comeback

Ryan Bader vs. Jon Jones: This will determine the best LHW prospect in MMA. Both of these guys are future champions. My vote goes to Bones Jones. He is the real deal and does things in the cage that we haven't seen in a while.

There are some other big fights on the card, I don't feel like going through them all right now.
    Miguel Torres is fighting, he is one of the most aggressive little SOB I've ever seen.
    Donald Cerrone is also fighting, he is always game to go in the cage and bring it.
    Should be a fun night!

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

UFC Middleweight Championship
    Anderson Silva (No. 1 MW, No. 1 PFP) vs. Vitor Belfort (No. 5 MW)

Forrest Griffin (No. 5 LHW) vs. Rich Franklin
    Ryan Bader (No. 6 LHW) vs. Jon Jones (No. 7 LHW)
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha
    Miguel Torres vs. Antonio Banuelos
    Chad Mendes vs. Michihiro Omigawa
    Norifumi Yamamoto vs. Demetrious Johnson
    Donald Cerrone vs. Paul Kelly
    Mike Pierce vs. Kenny Robertson
    Paul Taylor vs. Gabe Ruediger
    Kyle Kingsbury vs. Ricardo Romero

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

i feel like silva has never taken that good of a punch and if sonnen was able to stand with him at points then im sure vitor can and do it much better, with both guys swinging tho i cant see this fight going the full 5 rounds unless its a cautious fight.

I give the franklin and griffin fight to franklin, he just came off a nice knockout which retired lidell, and after forrest's loss to evans he's never been as good as he was, i cant see either of them title contenders tho.

I also think jones will win, in my opinion he should still be undefeated, hamil was done before those illegal blows came in and it was bs that hamil got that win he was dominated. ryan bader is more of a lay and pray fighter i feel, this wont work on jones becaue jones is much more athletic and he is trained by greg jackson who creates lay and pray fighters, im sure jackson can come up with a good game plan to stop that and standing bader has no chance on his feet.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Well, Silva weathered the juiced up Sonnen's storm, so he's probably good on Belfort, unless he does what he did to Wanderlei.

Like this:
    PRs/CRs
    Deadlift: 425 @ 150 | 335x5 @ 140
    Squat: 350 @ 140 | 235x5x5 @ 140
    Bench: 225 @ 150 | 155x5x5 @ 140
    2/10/2018
    Back at it again

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

lets also hope belfort makes weight, the only fight in the ufc since hes been back he fought franklin at 195 catchweight

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Silva
    Griffin
    Bader
    Always put in 110% in everything you do so that when someone else shows up with 100%, you still got 10% on them.-Chidi Ekebere

Will rep for Zyzz posts TBtaylor52's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

Lesnar.

See what I did there?
    RIP Zyzz 03/24/1989 08/06/2011. Veni Vidi Vici. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
    POWER LEVEL: 116,195

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

Quote Originally Posted by TBtaylor52 View Post
    Lesnar.

See what I did there?
    I love lesnar, he's my favorite fighter, i hope he beats dos santos but i doubt he will and once dos santos knocks him out he will no longer be in the ufc and ill be sad

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by BigTymen69 View Post
    I love lesnar, he's my favorite fighter, i hope he beats dos santos but i doubt he will and once dos santos knocks him out he will no longer be in the ufc and ill be sad
    You doubt he will based on what? Dos Santos' wrestling background and his ability to neutralize lesnar's takedowns? Oh, wait, dos santos has no wrestling back ground, he is just a striker......

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I really wana see belfort go in and do some damage. He was champ at like 19yrs old back in the day!!! Anderson seems to be have slacking lately also. However, as much I think vitor would make a great champ I fear that he has changed up his fighting style too much from the past. He stated hes not as an aggressive fighter as he was before which i think was his strong point. So this could end up being a game of tag in the cage but i really wana see some of that old phenom push the fight.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
    You doubt he will based on what? Dos Santos' wrestling background and his ability to neutralize lesnar's takedowns? Oh, wait, dos santos has no wrestling back ground, he is just a striker......
    Dos Santos is a true MMA fighter.

BJJ blackbelt, unreal boxing, and dont underestimate his wrestling. People struggle getting him down.

Santos is gonna melt Lesnar, mark my words.

Also

Silva
    Franklin
    Jones

Although I want Bader and Belfort to win.
    **30 day no fap challenge** Join me brothers!

muscleandstrength.com/forum/general-chat/68685-does-no-fap-work.html

I train to be an athlete not a bodybuilder

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

i cud see vitor getting aggressive if anderson lays a couple of good shots on him, kinda like when he fought franklin he just had like a split second burst and just knocked him out.

Dos Santos has good takedown defense, not saying nelson is a great wrestler or on the same level as lesnar but he cudnt get dos santos down, if lesnar gets him down tho i cant see him popping right back up like cain did

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    Dos Santos is a true MMA fighter.

BJJ blackbelt, unreal boxing, and dont underestimate his wrestling. People struggle getting him down.

Santos is gonna melt Lesnar, mark my words.

Also

Silva
    Franklin
    Jones

Although I want Bader and Belfort to win.
    I think you and everyone else is assuming JDS' success based on the success of Cain Velasquez.
    I guarantee you, JDS doesn't have the takedown defense ability that Cain has. Not even close. Just wait, this will be another lesnar/mir 2 or an other lesnar/herring.
    I'm not trying to knock JDS, he does have skills, but people are foolish to think that he will repeat Cain's performance against Lesnar. JDS and Cain are 2 differnent fighters. Cain>JDS.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

i cud see vitor getting aggressive if anderson lays a couple of good shots on him, kinda like when he fought franklin he just had like a split second burst and just knocked him out.

Dos Santos has good takedown defense, not saying nelson is a great wrestler or on the same level as lesnar but he cudnt get dos santos down, if lesnar gets him down tho i cant see him popping right back up like cain did
    You see Vitor getting aggressive if he gets hit good? Based on what? In the past when he gets hit he breaks mentally. Have you followed the last 10 years of his career. Yes he is an epic fighter that is extremely dangerous, but he breaks when he doesn't dominate. Just watch some of his loses. Couture/Belfort is a great example.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

well which couture fight r u talking about? he fought him 3 times, his latest actual ufc fight once franklin actually started landing is wen he knocked him out

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

well which couture fight r u talking about? he fought him 3 times, his latest actual ufc fight once franklin actually started landing is wen he knocked him out
    You just made yourself look so noob. He fought him twice and the first one ended with a cut like 50 seconds into it. I believe it may officially have been a no contest, not sure.
    So obviously I'm talking about UFC 49.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

You just made yourself look so noob. He fought him twice and the first one ended with a cut like 50 seconds into it. I believe it may officially have been a no contest, not sure.
    So obviously I'm talking about UFC 49.
    the cut was considered a tko, i made myself look noob??? look up the stats UFC 15 they fought UFC 46 and UFC 49 so idk wut ur talking about twice

Will rep for Zyzz posts TBtaylor52's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat

I think you and everyone else is assuming JDS' success based on the success of Cain Velasquez.
    I guarantee you, JDS doesn't have the takedown defense ability that Cain has. Not even close. Just wait, this will be another lesnar/mir 2 or an other lesnar/herring. I'm not trying to knock JDS, he does have skills, but people are foolish to think that he will repeat Cain's performance against Lesnar. JDS and Cain are 2 differnent fighters. Cain>JDS.
    This. Telling you Lesnar is gonna come back, he's improved in every fight he's been in except when he went retarded against Cain.
    RIP Zyzz 03/24/1989 08/06/2011. Veni Vidi Vici. Son of Zeus. Brother of Hercules. Father of Aesthetics.
    POWER LEVEL: 116,195

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

the cut was considered a tko, i made myself look noob??? look up the stats UFC 15 they fought UFC 46 and UFC 49 so idk wut ur talking about twice
    Well, I guess I look noob. Either that or your google skills are superior to mine. Either way, you are right. Interesting, I didn't know couture beat him twice.
    Really though, my point was when he doesn't come out and dominate and gets an early ko, he has nothing. And both of those loses to couture should show that.

M&S Elite Member
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by TBtaylor52 View Post
    This. Telling you Lesnar is gonna come back, he's improved in every fight he's been in except when he went retarded against Cain.
    Rubbish, he's one of the worst heavyweight fighters I've ever had the misfortune to watch in MMA. JDS will smoke him, round 1 TKO, or round 1 sub if by some miracle Brock manages to take him down without doing a 720 cartwheel.

Silva/Belfort is tough to call. I think it really just depends how good they are on the night. If Belfort is on his A game, and Silva doesn't matrix him, I think he's definitely got a good chance.

Franklin/Griffin is another tough pick, think I'm going with Franklin though. Solid performer.

M&S Elite Member
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Seriously though, I'm soooo excited about Fedor/Silva. I think Fedor is going to murder him.

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by dodgybob View Post
    Rubbish, he's one of the worst heavyweight fighters I've ever had the misfortune to watch in MMA. JDS will smoke him, round 1 TKO, or round 1 sub if by some miracle Brock manages to take him down without doing a 720 cartwheel.
    WTF?! If he is one of the worst fighters you have ever seen, what does that say about the UFC, because he was there champion? You must think the UFC is a piece of crap in general.
    Lesnar has beaten Mir, Randy Couture, Heath Herring and Shane Carwin, and he's one of the worst heavyweight fighters you've ever seen?
    Yes, he got beat by Cain, but Cain is quite possibly going to turn out to be one of the best MMA fighters ever. Losing to Velasquez doesn't mean you suck, it means he is really good.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

he deff isnt the worst fighter, his wrestling is on another level, heath herring isnt good so that was a stepping stone fight but after he came back and beat carwin that shuda shut all the critics up, and i wud not wanna be under his ground and pound, just ask mir how long it took his face to finally look human again after ufc 100
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"
    -A Bronx Tale

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Huge

Quote Originally Posted by dodgybob View Post
    Seriously though, I'm soooo excited about Fedor/Silva. I think Fedor is going to murder him.
    just bought my tickets cant wait for mma to finally be legal in NY so they can fight in the garden
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"
    -A Bronx Tale