MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Default Finaflex Pure Test (D-Aspartic Acid) log

Just picked up a 9 week cycle while the stuff was on sale to see how it fairs. Its 6 caps a day. Ill be splitting them, 3 in the morning, and 3 before bed. Any Q's regarding the rest of my supplements can be directed at my sig.

This will be my first time trying DAA, and my 3rd test booster. Im looking for something that will have some effect on a 28 year old with normal test levels. Ill be using it while on a cut for at least half the cycle. Im usually pretty skeptical on these things. My past experience with test boosters leaving me bitter :P

Since its an unsponsered log dont expect daily updates. Ill probably update it twice a week. Ill hit the usual categories of strength increases, better sleep, libido, aggressiveness, ect.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/pure-test.html
    Last edited by madjinx; 03-31-2011 at 06:13 PM.
    Current Supps: Controlled Labs Orange Triad, NOW Foods Ultra Omega-3, EvoMuse: Gut Health

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Lightbulb Just a thought...

ScottyDoc suggested in another thread to split up 2 caps with each meal for best absorption. Just figured I'd mention that to you before you get started.
    Sups: VPX Syngex, NO Synthesize, Scivation Novem & Xtend, Redefine Nutrition G8, ON Opti Men, fish oil; Rep + is welcome

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Quote Originally Posted by jcosker View Post
    ScottyDoc suggested in another thread to split up 2 caps with each meal for best absorption. Just figured I'd mention that to you before you get started.
    I saw that. Absorption of DAA seems to be pretty good. The study done on people gave them 3g all at once to get the numbers you see posted about increased levels. The only reason I am breaking it up into 2x3pill dose is because that would be 8 pills in the morning, 5 is more manageable :P
    Current Supps: Controlled Labs Orange Triad, NOW Foods Ultra Omega-3, EvoMuse: Gut Health

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

First few days days in, still on my 2x3 dose. Nothing noticeable yet.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Just under a week in and nothing yet that I can say might come with any significant increase in testosterone. No bigger libido, no increased appetite, no better recovery, no better fat loss.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Correct me if I am wrong but most of these type of supplements take 7-14 days to have any effects?

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzy View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but most of these type of supplements take 7-14 days to have any effects?
    yes

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Took the week off starting last tues. On monday I had shoulder day, and noticed my joints felt iffy. Tuesday I just had that "feeling" I should take a week off.

I mention this because I think its odd that....

Today I had a "cheat" day. Im easily in to 3100 cals with one meal left for the day, and Im hungry. My cutting was at 2k cals. You would think Id be full with an extra 1k cals in me.

Maybe this is a sign that its working. Increased appetite? We will see how long it lasts, and see how this upcoming week feels on recovery.
    Last edited by madjinx; 04-07-2011 at 08:45 PM.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by madjinx View Post
    I saw that. Absorption of DAA seems to be pretty good. The study done on people gave them 3g all at once to get the numbers you see posted about increased levels. The only reason I am breaking it up into 2x3pill dose is because that would be 8 pills in the morning, 5 is more manageable :P
    Hey bud, I understand what you are thinking and you are not incorrect, I just always suggest to people to split the dosage of these supplements into smaller more frequent doses, like mentioned above. I personally like to split up the doses of PURE TEST into (2 caps 3 x's a day - morning, mid-day, & night) all approximately 8hrs apart. My thinking on this is just like we are supposed to eat 6 small meals a day (every 3-4 hours) as to not waste or store any unused calories, why risk taking too much D'Aspartic acid at one time, when you can be sure that your body is not going to waste any when you are taking 2 caps (1 gram) of D'Aspartic Acid every 8hrs. I could be wrong with the absorption, but I prefer being safe than sorry and not risk wasting any... as a matter of fact, I take my 6 daily pills of ALC + CLA the exact same way 3 doses of 2 pills per day (2 every morning, mid-day, & night).

Also, according to one of the studies I read, I believe it took on average 14-21 days for the testosterone levels to begin to increase to a noticeable level as noted by the test subjects. The end results of the study were taken after 6wks (42 consecutive days) of taking 3g of D'Aspartic acid, which were a 30-40% increase in testosterone in 90% of the test subjects, don't quote me on this one, but I believe they used 100 healthy 25-45yr old men.

Tell you what, before I try and recall all this from memory, let me try and find this study so I may quote it more accurately and post a link to it for all to see!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I'm totally SUB'd in by the way, LoL!!!

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    let me try and find this study so I may quote it more accurately and post a link to it for all to see!
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/

I had to stop logging it temporarily, but itll pick back up once school is over (2 weeks).

It didnt seem fair to log it during a time where school was busy, and my diet sucked, sleep was lacking, ect.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/

I had to stop logging it temporarily, but itll pick back up once school is over (2 weeks).

It didnt seem fair to log it during a time where school was busy, and my diet sucked, sleep was lacking, ect.
    Sweet, I do not believe that was the study I read, but that was very informative, I was not aware that it is supposed to have a positive effect of triggering the body to release more GH (growth hormone). Now I see you reasoning behind wanting to take more of it at night, because that is when GH is naturally released in the body, ok, that is sound reasoning!

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hey, totally kewl and totally your call, this was a prize and I do appreciate it and hope you do a good log on it, it is totally up to you and in no way required, so thank you!

PS. I'm a fan of anyone that backs up their opinion with research!!! I tried REP-ing you, but it appears I have REP-ed you too recently!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Hey, totally kewl and totally your call, this was a prize and I do appreciate it and hope you do a good log on it, it is totally up to you and in no way required, so thank you!

PS. I'm a fan of anyone that backs up their opinion with research!!! I tried REP-ing you, but it appears I have REP-ed you too recently!
    I got 'em for ya
    Check out my article page!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/authors/nick-ludlow

"Like" my Facebook author page for future article updates
    https://www.facebook.com/nickludlow91

Follow my lifting log!
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76483-LD-s-Journey-to-Beastdom

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post
    I got 'em for ya
    Thanks Brotha, he deserves them... Information is power and we are all here to learn!

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

^^ Thanks.

I really prefer supplements that have peer reviewed studies and hard science behind them.

Out of the many nateral test boosters on the market, DAA is one of the few that actually has this...and in people...

I am hoping to see more research in people, right now i think there are only 1-2 studies, and 3-4 on rats. Specifically, DAA's effect on prolactin, and human trials on DAAs effect on the mitocondira (oxidative stress) of a grown males testicals, are 2 i hope to see done as I think they are the most impotant.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

^^ Thanks.

I really prefer supplements that have peer reviewed studies and hard science behind them.

Out of the many nateral test boosters on the market, DAA is one of the few that actually has this...and in people...

I am hoping to see more research in people, right now i think there are only 1-2 studies, and 3-4 on rats. Specifically, DAA's effect on prolactin, and human trials on DAAs effect on the mitocondira (oxidative stress) of a grown males testicals, are 2 i hope to see done as I think they are the most impotant.
    Completely agreed...