MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Tone Up

Default Skinny kid needs to build muscle and lose gut

Hey everyone. I just joined this site after trying out a 4 week workout and seeing that the community here looks pretty nice and helpful. So here's my story (i'm sorry ahead of time if this is really long, I don't know exactly what to say)-

I'm 18, and really skinny. I'm 6 feet tall weigh around 140 pounds. My arms might as well be twigs. However, I have this terrible gut and biggish thighs. My gut isn't huge, but for a guy my size I feel like it shouldn't be there at all. It's the size where I have to suck in my gut when I don't have a shirt on and being a lifeguard, that's quite a bit. As far as my legs go, it seems like I have bigger thighs than the "average" sized people I know. My upper body is so small and then there are these "meaty" thighs that I have. WTF?!

I just got done with a 4 week workout which incorporated more abs than I used to do. Now my abs feel tighter when I'm sitting down and bending over, so maybe this is a sign there's something under this belly fat? My diet is probably kinda poor. I don't really pay attention to what I eat because my metabolism is really high and I never gain any weight. I have also started running 3 miles every other day. Last fall when I was on my school's cross country team I didn't lose any belly fat at all, so maybe it's what I'm eating and being the noob I am, I don't know what or how much I should be eating. I do also like running and cardio, I realize I won't be able to get huge, but shouldn't I still be able to gain muscle even if I run? HELP!

Long story short, what I'm looking for is- What do I need to do to get rid of my body fat on my gut, make my thighs thinner, and gain more upper body muscle so I can stop looking so "uneven"?

If anyone could tell me what I need to do I would GREATLY appreciate it!! I realize I'm new here and this seemed like the best place for this thread, but If I did something incorrect with this please let me know. Also here is a link to some pictures http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...p?albumid=1714
    Last edited by KPC1993; 07-13-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Tone Up

I believe I am an ectomorph.....yay?
    Last edited by KPC1993; 07-13-2011 at 08:59 PM.

• Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Tone Up

Welcome to the site!
    First and foremost if your not sure your diet is good, its probably not. I dont mean that in a bad way, but its hard to "accidentally eat right".
    What you want to do is clean up your eating, with more protein, less fat, and cutting down on carbs and calories, unless you are working out, in which case you should be eating more leading up to, and then immediatley after the workout.
    Then you need to start your physical training. If its upper body ,mass building you want, then obviously you need to work on upper body exercises. Stuff like chest, back, arms and shoulders exercises are what you'd want. If you search the site, im sure you'll find a workout to suit you.
    After that the only thing you really need is to either get a gym membeship, or some home gym equipment, and some motivation and nothing can stop you.
    Be sure to track your progress, and if you are seeing and feeling results then continue what you're doing, if not then post up and the community will surely help you out.
    Good luck, and ill be happy to answer any questions!
    Eat.
    Sleep.
    Drink.
    Work Out.
    Repeat