MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Default Your thought on the multi

Now since that study has come out from (where was it? Sweden?)

You laughing it off, or giving it any credibility?
    When it's all over said and done, you're gonna regret the things you 'didn't do', more than the things you did.
    (I think that was Mark Twain)

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

What are you talking about?

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I did hear about a study with multi-vitamins and some cancers, is that what you are referring to Cardiochris??
    Consistency is the key

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

weren't those studies performed on untrained women?

Studies are ok, but I always question the control. If you gather the right group of people, you can skew things anyway you'd like. If you train regularly, many of these studies won't mean much.
    Last edited by dday39; 10-13-2011 at 08:54 AM.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Geeez, it's been all over the news the last three days, least around here. And not just the Local news. 1st it was like 15 supps in the multi that increased the risk of cancer in older women. (zinc, mag,.......) Wifey sez she's over em.

Then they said that high levels of vit E, that we get in multis, cause increased prostate cancer in MEN. ouch

Then.. Last night they're talking to all these Docs, about half of them say they recommend multis and the other half say they don't.. Say lots of the food we eat are fortified w xtra vits, making a multi un necessary, and in some ways - harmfull.

Okay i pretty much discredited it, wifey sez I'm being stuborn w my head in the sand. So I wanted a more grounded opinion, from doods more like me.

Is it being exagerated, here in Hollywood?? Or is there reason for a real concern here???
    When it's all over said and done, you're gonna regret the things you 'didn't do', more than the things you did.
    (I think that was Mark Twain)

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiochris View Post
    Geeez, it's been all over the news the last three days, least around here. And not just the Local news. 1st it was like 15 supps in the multi that increased the risk of cancer in older women. (zinc, mag,.......) Wifey sez she's over em.

Then they said that high levels of vit E, that we get in multis, cause increased prostate cancer in MEN. ouch

Then.. Last night they're talking to all these Docs, about half of them say they recommend multis and the other half say they don't.. Say lots of the food we eat are fortified w xtra vits, making a multi un necessary, and in some ways - harmfull.

Okay i pretty much discredited it, wifey sez I'm being stuborn w my head in the sand. So I wanted a more grounded opinion, from doods more like me.

Is it being exagerated, here in Hollywood?? Or is there reason for a real concern here???
    If your a sedentary couch potato, who has a reasonable diet then the chance are that you would get the RDA of most of the required vitamins, but as athletes the vitamin requirement is higher, although we may get most of the vitamins we need, athletes take a supplement more as an insurance policy just in case they may be short in one or more of a particular vitamin
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

Literally everything seems to cause cancer or soem other disease, these days

Say lots of the food we eat are fortified w xtra vits, making a multi un necessary, and in some ways - harmfull
    Not to put a dampner on this point, but most of us won't be eating many of those "fortified" foods since we tend to eat potatoes, rice, meat and they generally don't fall in to that category...only the packeted, processed foods tend to be fortified.
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg