MEMBER LOGIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Default Dogfish's APE review

A new thread to log my 4 week trial and review of AEN's APE (Athletic Edge Nutrition's Alpha Performance Enhancer).

About APE:
    info

APE (Alpha Performance Enhancer™)

TESTOSTERONE, Body Recomposition, Performance Optimizer with ATestoSurge™ & GlycoCarn®

More than a Narrowly-focused Testosterone Booster

APE™ provides FOUR Clinically-backed powerful attributes in ONE comprehensive product formulation:

1. Maximize Testosterone Production Beyond Natural Levels
    • 22% Greater Increase in FREE TESTOSTERONE in ONLY 12 Hours after ingestion*
    • Increase BIO-AVAILABLE TESTOSTERONE 1.8 Times After 8 Weeks*

2. Refine Your Physique Beyond Genetic Limitations
    • Over 2 times Greater FAT LOSS After Just 8 Weeks of usage* (get lean & shredded).*

3. Improve “Alpha-Maleness” Beyond Normal Capacity & Intensity
    • Sex Drive, Libido, Vigor & Vitality Enhancement in both the short term and long term*
    • Inhibit Estrogen (Anti-Aromatase)*

4. Enhance Vascularity & Athletic Performance Beyond Normal Limits
    • Increase Nitric Oxide (NO), thus increasing blood flow and oxygen delivery to the muscles*
    • Increase Endurance & Performance during repetitive high intensity exercise*

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

"...he not busy being born is busy dying." -Bob Dylan (1941 - )

"...I'll know my song well before I start singing..." -Bob Dylan (1941 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

My APE arrived yesterday. It wasn't early morning, but it was still morning. I was anxious to get things started so I took the recommended morning dosage of two capsules. I thought that this might be a blood level thing with the 5 day per week cycle and this added to my desire to get things started.

I didn't notice anything... I didn't expect to. I have to note this, however... within an hour after taking APE I had to take a dump. Maybe coincidence, but I had already had my morning session and I'm usually on a schedule in that regard.

It didn't have any affect on my appetite... I eat about every 3-4 hours. I even went to a buffet last night and pigged.

----------

Today, I took the morning dosage before my bathroom routines and if it had any affect it merged well with my usual schedule.

Today is a workout day for me... looking forward to trying it out.

I will be posting those results later, along with some facts about me, some biometrics and some pics to serve as a before.
    The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

subbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbed

Current Supps: D-Stunna, Dymatize Whey, XTEND

Coming Up The Ranks BlitznDestroy's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Looks good! If you need anything, ask.
    Athletic Edge Nutrition Representative

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

About me:

I'm 58 years old, weigh 210 and have 70 lbs of fat (so I'm told). Probably about 50lbs and a year away from seeing my abs. I started to get back into fitness in July with the Zone Diet and started the SL 5X5 program. The program is beginner barbell basic compounds. I was about 250 in July so I have dropped fat and gained muscle... I don't have the records with me, now.

I will post pics as a before... I'm interested in seeing what happens. I'll post them as a link to spare those with a weak stomach.

Biometrics

18 Jan 2012

Height (in): 67
    Weight (lb): 210
    Neck (in): 17.5
    Shoulders L/R girth (in): 17/17
    Shoulders girth below neck (in): 46.5
    Chest (in): 45.5
    Abdomen (@naval) (in): 44
    Waist (above naval) (in): 43
    Hips (widest) (in): 42.5
    Hips (top) (in): 39
    Waist to Hip ratio: 1.01
    Bicep L/R (in): 13.75/13.5
    Bicep flexed L/R (in): 15.75/15.5
    Forearm L/R (in): 11.75/12
    Thigh L/R (in): 26/26
    Knee L/R (in): 15.5/15.5
    Calf L/R (in): 16/16.25

Body Mass Index (BMI): 32.9
    Lean Body Mass (LBM): 140
    Total Body Fat (%): 33.3
    Total Body Fat (lb): 70

Let me know if you spot any errors or think I should include something else.

----------

I have been working on this stuff and just realized that I missed a meal and it is time for meal three already. I am usually hungry when it is meal time.

Something else I have noticed. I have had a runny nose this winter... allergies or sinus or something. That is gone with breathing improved. Actually I noticed it yesterday but did not attribute it to APE. When I woke this morning, I was blowing my nose as usual. Sometime after taking APE I noticed the affect on my breathing. Two positive effects noted.

Edit: Forgot to mention that along with being old, fat and weak... I am also a vegetarian , for 40 years now.
    Last edited by Dogfish; 01-19-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

subbed...looking forward to your results
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another...Proverbs 27:17
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76757-51-and-still-lifting-getting-stronger

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

18 January 2012 Wednesday

The gym was crowded tonight. The most activity I have seen there yet.

Warm-up
    .5mi on treadmill, 3.5mph at 14 incline... with a push.

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 185X3, 215X5X5
    Felt a little heavy until I got in the groove. Perhaps because I had a 15 min wait after the treadmill before the power cage was free. Form and depth were good. Progress... yay! 220 next workout.

Overhead Press
    BarX5, 95X5, 120X5, 120X5, 120X4, 120X5, 120X3, 115X4, 95X5, 95X5
    Better than last time out... got closer to 120 5X5. I will get the 5 sets at 120 next time.

Deadlift
    135X5, 245X2, 225X5
    245 seemed heavy and grip was failing. Switched to mixed grip and dropped to 225 and the reps flew off the floor once again. I'll get the 245 next time.

End of SL5X5 workout B.

Extra's:

Dogfish Presses: 30X8, 25X8

BB Front Raise: 40X5

Lateral Raise: 20X6

All in all... a good workout. I'm happy and looking forward to the next.

Note: This is my first workout while doing the 4 week evaluation of AEN's APE, and this is pretty much a copy of the entry in (my log).

I am, now that I think about it, surprisingly happy as to how the workout went.
    I took the APE early this morning, and did the workout late this evening. I have been going later to avoid the New Year Resolutionists. I thought that too much time had elapsed to feel much in the way of effects and didn't expect any... not even a placebo effect.

However, I wasn't fatigued at any point, and I really worked on a number of the reps in the press. The last rep of many sets hung about 1/2 way up and took forever to will it up. I actually got a comment from someone when I was all finished about "hanging in there and working through it" Certainly the most effort I had put into any lifts and it just seemed like the right thing to do without thinking about it.

Perhaps the most surprising is my mood. The gym being crowded always bothers me... not tonight. I never had to wait 15 mins to squat after warming up on the treadmill... didn't bother me. I failed to make weight on two main lifts and only progressed on one. I think normally I would have said that the night sucked and was a waste of time... but I am happy about my efforts and think that it was a good workout... even found time for some extras.
    Last edited by Dogfish; 01-22-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Overhead, not Military Press
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

If you're working out that late, take your dose 45 minutes prior to workout.

Everything else looks great!!

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Subbed, good luck Sir

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

20 January 2012 Friday

This was my 2nd workout on the APE trial. This time I took my 2 tablet dose of APE and hour before getting to the gym and my pre-workout about a half hour before. Definitely more effective taking it pre-workout rather than first thing in the morning as on non-workout days.

I got to the gym at 3:55PM. I had to move the workout along because I was meeting someone for dinner. I had to leave the gym at 5:00PM. I got it all in... never felt too rushed and was actually surprised at how good all the lifts felt... I was not taking much time in between sets.

My strength seemed enhanced... I don't remember struggling at all. No fatigue, no lack of energy... and at an increased pace.

Warm-up
    .5mi @ 5 incline @ 3.5mph treadmill
    and a push

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 205X3, 220X5X5
    Progress... Yay..! Form was good. I'm getting much more comfortable with them.
    225 next time.

Bench Press (Cybex plate loaded, converging incline press)
    100X5, 195X3, 200X5X5
    I've decided to keep going on this thing as long as I can keep progressing. I can see the difference in my chest and arms already. When it is time to deload I will go back to free weight flat bench.
    Progress... Yay..! 205 next time.

Bent Row
    145X5X5
    Went well... good form... hit chest and floor each rep.
    Progress... Yay..! 150 next time.

End of Workout A SL 5X5 program.

Additional:

Dogfish Press
    30X8

----------

Workout A has always been my least favorite of the SL5X5 workouts. My bench and my rows suck. I liked the way this and the previous workout went, though. The change in the bench and the de-load in the rows made them much more enjoyable. Progress on all 3 lifts while hurrying and with good form is just fantastic.

Due to APE I was never fatigued, had plenty of energy and was able to take less time between sets. Finished the workout, went to dinner and as I sit here typing this I feel I could go back to the gym and do all three major lifts over at increased weight.

Overall, probably the best "A" workout I've had... I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next workout very much.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

22 January 2012 Sunday

The gym was crowded. Should have expected that... weekend and still thick with resolutionists.

Warm-up
    .6mi on treadmill, 3.5mph at 15 incline... with a push.

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 225X5X5
    Felt a little heavy. I don't think my depth was all that great. Below parallel but I didn't feel in the groove. I may redo the 225.
    Progress... yay!
    Overhead Press
    BarX5, 95X5, 120X5, 120X3, 105X5X5
    120 wasn't happening... deloaded to 105 and easily fired off 5 sets in great form.
    No progress... I'll re-do 110 next time.

Deadlift
    135X3, 225X1, 245X3, 225X5
    245 wasn't happening... deloaded to 225 and the reps flew off the floor once again. I'll re-do 230 next time.

End of SL5X5 workout B.

Extra's:

Dogfish Presses: 35X6

Lateral Raise: 15X8

I did not take any APE yesterday... only supposed to take 5 days per week. I took it today and planned on being at the gym an hour later. Something came up and it was closer to 3 hours before I got to the gym.

I felt like I was not in the zone for the whole workout. Strength seemed fine, energy was good, pump and vascularity was up there. Just seemed like I had to think and coach my way through the lifts.

-Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Great progress so far, looks like APE is already having a positive impact on your workouts.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish View Post
    22 January 2012 Sunday

The gym was crowded. Should have expected that... weekend and still thick with resolutionists.

Warm-up
    .6mi on treadmill, 3.5mph at 15 incline... with a push.

Squat
    Felt a little heavy. I don't think my depth was all that great. Below parallel but I didn't feel in the groove. I may redo the 225.
    Progress... yay!
    Overhead Press
    BarX5, 95X5, 120X5, 120X3, 105X5X5
    120 wasn't happening... deloaded to 105 and easily fired off 5 sets in great form.
    No progress... I'll re-do 110 next time.

Deadlift
    135X3, 225X1, 245X3, 225X5
    245 wasn't happening... deloaded to 225 and the reps flew off the floor once again. I'll re-do 230 next time.

End of SL5X5 workout B.

Extra's:

Dogfish Presses: 35X6

Lateral Raise: 15X8

I did not take any APE yesterday... only supposed to take 5 days per week. I took it today and planned on being at the gym an hour later. Something came up and it was closer to 3 hours before I got to the gym.

I felt like I was not in the zone for the whole workout. Strength seemed fine, energy was good, pump and vascularity was up there. Just seemed like I had to think and coach my way through the lifts.

I know how that goes.. going to the gym on time is a very important thing. I've found if my timing gets thrown off by any more than 30 minutes its impossible to focus and everything seems and feels rushed. Hopefully this next workout goes smoother.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

A little late but i'm in.
    Living Large

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

24 January 2012 Tuesday

I got to the gym this time at the planned time... I took my 2 tablet dose of APE an hour before getting to the gym and my pre-workout about a half hour before.

I had good energy and stamina. I thought I wouldn't get 230 on the squats after hitting 225. 225 actually seemed harder than 230 due to getting to the gym late. I was amazed that the squats went so well. I didn't even need much time between sets.

As I looked around the gym between sets I saw this very nice looking girl looking back at me... every time I looked at her, she was looking at me. When I finished the squats and was doing BP warm ups, she came over and said "I can't believe how strong you are... all that weight you were squatting..."

I don't think my feet touched the ground until after she left... the incident affected my BP... I couldn't get focused and connected. I dropped weight and finished with light sets.

Why do the younger women think we old farts are harmless..? Oh well... it made my day.

Warm-up
    .5mi @12 incline @ 3.5mph treadmill
    and a push

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X4, 185X3, 205X2, 230X5X5
    Progress... Yay..! Form was good. I feel that my core strength has improved alot... much tighter.
    235 next time.

Bench Press (Cybex plate loaded, converging incline press)
    100X5, 190X3, 205X1, 150X5X5
    I was distracted between the 190 warm up and the 205 work set. Fail.
    No Progress... No Yay..!
    205 next time.

Bent Row
    135X5, 150X5X5
    My new admirer had left by this time and I got back to work. The rows went well... good form... hit chest and floor each rep.
    Progress... Yay..!
    155 next time.

Additional:

Dogfish Press
    30X5

Front Raise
    30X8

----------

Workout A has always been my least favorite of the SL5X5 workouts. I am liking them more though.

I was never fatigued, had plenty of energy and was able to take less time between sets. I should have advance on all lifts but was distracted... oh well... next time.

I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next workout very much.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Just wanted to log a few things.

First, I don't like taking days off from APE... (recommended dosage is to take only 5 days out of the week). I haven't pinned it down yet... mood, outlook... whatever but I do miss it. Since I am pushing 60, my Test levels are prob low... APE may be having more of a balancing effect on me... if it isn't too soon to tell.

Second, I don't like working out without taking it an hour before. That was apparent during the one workout when I took it in the morning and worked out late. Also had a bad workout when I worked out 3 hours after taking it.

If someone wanted to double the dose, a morning dose each day and a dose 1 hour before workout would be an interesting experiment.

Third, I have been roughly following a Zone Diet without getting too carried away. I was eating a calorie deficit, but plenty of protein. I was eating every three hours and had my appetite under control. Then I started taking APE. I now eat 1000 calories more on workout days than non-workout days. My appetite is greatly enhanced... crave protein. I hope it is due to building muscle. The hunger seems like it comes more from my body telling me I need to eat more than the effect of a supplement.

I'll leave you with this... enjoy.

-Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish View Post
    Just wanted to log a few things.

First, I don't like taking days off from APE... (recommended dosage is to take only 5 days out of the week). I haven't pinned it down yet... mood, outlook... whatever but I do miss it. Since I am pushing 60, my Test levels are prob low... APE may be having more of a balancing effect on me... if it isn't too soon to tell.

Second, I don't like working out without taking it an hour before. That was apparent during the one workout when I took it in the morning and worked out late. Also had a bad workout when I worked out 3 hours after taking it.

If someone wanted to double the dose, a morning dose each day and a dose 1 hour before workout would be an interesting experiment.

Third, I have been roughly following a Zone Diet without getting too carried away. I was eating a calorie deficit, but plenty of protein. I was eating every three hours and had my appetite under control. Then I started taking APE. I now eat 1000 calories more on workout days than non-workout days. My appetite is greatly enhanced... crave protein. I hope it is due to building muscle. The hunger seems like it comes more from my body telling me I need to eat more than the effect of a supplement.

I'll leave you with this... enjoy.

Excellent feedback. I too crave APE and its quickly becoming my favorite product of all time. The affect it has on my moods throughout the day, the impact it has on my workouts and the fact that its helping me get leaner is the icing on the cake. Though my apatite is through the roof.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Excellent update. The cumulative effects of APE are kicking in for me right now and I'm pumped constantly, and appetite is insatiable(in both regards).

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

27 January 2012 Friday

Warm-up
    .5mi on treadmill, 3.5mph at 9 incline... with a push.

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X3, 235X4X5, 235X1
    Everything was going well until the first rep of the last set. I pulled a muscle in the top front of my right thigh near the groin. I racked it and did some body weight squats... did some rolling with a ball, more body squats and a set of 95lbs by 5. I don't think the injury is that bad... we'll see next workout. I would have had 5X5 at 235... oh well... next time.
    No Progress... No yay! More of an Ouch..!

Overhead Press
    95X5, 110X5X5
    Went well... no problem from the pulled thigh on these.
    Progress... Yay! 115 next time.

Deadlift
    135X3, 235X5X5
    The bar flew off the floor once again. The thigh muscle was not a problem for deadlifts... hurts to do even body weight squats, though.
    Progress... Yay! 240 next time.

End of SL5X5 workout B.

Extra's:

Dogfish Presses: 30X8

Took APE an hour before and a pre-workout 30 mins before my workout. Things were going great until I pulled that muscle. I felt great for the whole workout except I missed on the squats.

Strength was fine, energy was good, pump and vascularity was up there. I would have stayed longer and did more but had to be somewhere.

All in all... even with the mishap, a good workout. I'm happy and looking forward to the next.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

29 January 2012 Sunday

I took my 2 tablet dose of APE an hour before getting to the gym and my pre-workout about a half hour before.

I had good energy and stamina. I put 2 hours in. I took the squats slow after the injury last workout. I was able to progress on the squats, with no discomfort. I took extra care to keep my knees out and not affect my adductor. I'm very pleased that recovery went so well... I did some tennis ball work when it happened... more that night, and some Ben-Gay before bed. I had noticeable improvement the next morning. Did some body squats once in awhile and that was all until this workout.

I've been traveling again and this workout was at a different gym. The presses were seated... not incline and I wasn't able to match the weight of the last workout.

Warm-up
    .5mi @10 incline @ 3.5mph treadmill

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 185X3, 225X3, 235X5X5
    Progress... Yay..! Didn't expect progress... thought the injury would make me deload even. Took my time with the sets though and it was worth it.
    240 next time.

Bench Press (New gym, new seated bench machine)
    60X10, 100X12, 195X5, 205X5, 150X5X8
    I did better on the incline bench than this one... oh well... my bench will get better.
    No Progress... No Yay..!
    205 next time.

Bent Row
    135X3, 155X5X5
    A little sloppy at first... tightened core, raised my back and the rows were almost enjoyable. Good form floor to chest and back.
    Progress... Yay..!
    160 next time.

Additional:

Dogfish Press
    30X8, 35X3

Front Raise
    40X5

Lat Raise
    20X8

----------

I had plenty of energy and was able to progress on two lifts.

A good workout, I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next workout
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

31 January 2012 Tuesday

Warm-up
    Treadmill .5mi X 10inc X 3.5mph

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 225X3, 240X5X5
    Real nice... adductor was fine... in fact, I never thought about it. Another workout in the zone... without a lot of extra thinking
    Progress... Yay..!
    245 next time...

Overhead Press
    BarX5, 95X5, 115X5X5
    Fantastic... real nice sets of presses.
    Progress... Yay..!
    120 next time...

Deadlift
    135X3, 240X5
    Damn nice..! The bar flew off the floor again. I love DL's
    Progress... Yay..! 245 next time.

End of SL5X5 workout B.

Extra's:

BB Front Raise: 35X8

Took APE an hour before and a pre-workout 30 mins before my workout.

A fantastic workout..! My mood was through the roof. Strength, energy and stamina were tops. My best workout as far as noticeable effort in a long time... the lifts were almost effortless. I spent little time between sets and was done in an hour. I had to be somewhere or I feel I could have worked out another hour.

All in all... a great workout. Progress on all 3 lifts..! I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

03 February 2012 Friday

APE an hour before the gym and a pre-workout about a half hour before.

I had great energy and stamina. Actually, I'm getting used to having plenty of energy throughout a 2 workout, but this workout seemed unusually charged.

I progressed on the squats, to my surprise. I have been making a lot of progress with squats and have been expecting a de-load.

This workout was at the same gym as last time I benched. The presses were seated... not incline and I wasn't able to do my targeted weight. I am back in NC right now and future workouts will be at a gym that I like (for awhile anyway).

Warm-up

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 225X3, 245X5X5
    Progress... Yay..! Weight is getting up there but it doesn't seem to be an issue yet
    250 next time.

Bench Press
    100X5, 190X5, 205X1, 190X5, 170X3X5
    I don't do well on this seated bench machine. I know, all the more reason to do it. Next workout will be back on the machine that I like. If I don't progress there I will go back to barbell flat bench to see if anything improved there. When I stall with that I think I will try incline DB's.
    No Progress... No Yay..!
    205 next time.

Bent Row
    135X3, 160X5X5
    The key for me is to keep a tight core and keep my back down. I tend to raise my back up during the pull (I guess as an assist) then I am short hitting the floor on the down side.
    Progress... Yay..!
    165 next time.

Additional:

Dogfish Press
    35X5

Front Raise
    40X5

Lat Raise

----------
    Great energy... progress on two lifts. I am impressed by the small amount of time I take in between sets. This is a big difference for me since I have been taking APE. I will have to check the time... but it is less than a minute even on squats.

A good workout, I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

05 February 2012 Sunday

I felt very much in control this workout. Not like I was competing trying to get 5X5's at my target weight. I thought the squats were getting challenging but they were fine this time again. I felt powerful, even though I had to de-load on the OHP's. I did more reps at a lower weight.

I managed to jump 5 lbs on the DL. I was supposed to do 245, but loaded 250. Still almost effortless.

Warm-up
    Treadmill .5mi X 11inc X 3.5mph

Squat
    BodyX5, BarX5, 135X5, 185X3, 225X3, 250X5X5
    Happy with depth and form again... I must have been doing some good work... had some heavy breathing and a lot of sweating going on.
    Progress... Yay..!
    255 next time...

Overhead Press
    BarX5, 95X5, 120X5, 12X3, 100X6, 95X8, 95X7
    Didn't hit my target, but I worked the muscles well.
    No Progress... No Yay..!
    120 next time...

Deadlift
    135X3, 250X5
    Damn nice..! The bar flew off the floor again. I love DL's
    Progress... Yay..! 255 next time.

End of SL5X5 workout B.

Extra's:

BB Front Raise: 40X8

----------

Took APE an hour before and a pre-workout 30 mins before my workout.

Another great workout..! My mood was excellent. Strength, energy, and stamina all seem improved. I feel more in control of my workouts... more in charge instead of coming up to hitting my work weights, I feel that I am hitting them almost effortlessly. I failed on the OHP's... not sure why, maybe not enough rest between sets... but was able to jump weight on the DL's. Still had some left in the tank for some extra's.

All in all... a great workout. Progress on 2 lifts..! I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

07 February 2012 Tuesday

APE an hour before the gym and a pre-workout about a half hour before.

I started with warm-ups for squats and things felt heavy. I decided to go light and did sets at 225. The trade off for progression was improved form.

I stayed light throughout the workout... seemed like I wasn't warmed-up until I finished the 5X5 part. The extras went very well... I had great energy and stamina.

Warm-up

Squat
    No Progress... No Yay..! Went light and had great form.
    255 next time.

Bench Press
    100X10, 150X5X5
    New gym... first time on this machine, inclined, seated. A little different and I stayed light. Form was good.
    No Progress... No Yay..!
    205 next time.

Bent Row
    135X5X5
    Stayed light... great form
    No Progress... No Yay..!
    165 next time.

Additional:

Dogfish Press
    35X5, 30X7, 25X8

Front Raise
    40X8, 30X10

----------
    No progress on all lifts. Stayed light and the trade off was great form. I am not disappointed though. My state of mind is improved and I think it was APE. This would have upset me to no end in the past... but it was just an off day. Interestingly enough though, I had plenty of power for all the extras I did.

A good workout, I'm up, happy and looking forward to the next.
    -Alvin Toffler (1928 - )

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Dog, whats up?