MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default High School Bulking Diet

I am a HS receiver and have been given the goal to gain 20-40 lbs during the offseason. I am currently in weightlifting. And have seen some real strength gain. But my weight isn't increasing as I would like. I have taken some old school measures to this but I need some help.
    Everything is on wheat toast
    Breakfast #1 5AM

Cereal
    1-2 slice Toast
    1-2 slices of banana
    Glass Whole Milk

6:45-7:4AM Workout

8AM Snack

Peanut Butter Sandwich
    Powerade

Breakfast/Lunch #2

2-3 Eggs
    Hashbrown
    2 Slices of Toast
    Water or Milk

12pm Snack
    PB Sand

3:30
    Snack

5-7pm ish Dinner #1
    Usually Half pint of Yogurt plus cereal and banana

9pm
    Turkey Burger or some other form of protein

Before Bed
    Glass of Milk

3000-3600 goal
    I need help with extra Lunch/ more calorie snack as it has to be able to eaten cold.

You can suggest shakes but can't use store brought protein( mother wont allow it)

Please Help. I will seriously take any suggestions
    Last edited by 36cantquit; 02-07-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Better Explaination
    You can puke on my floor, but don't you dare quit on me

Ive always figured out there are 24 hrs a day, sleep 6 hrs and you have 18 hrs left. And I know that there are some of you out there now saying Wait a minute I sleep 8 or 9 hr well just sleep faster.

After training for 6 months, I was just told that all my hard work wasn't good enough. I was told that my gains weren't impressive. I was told that I wasted my time. To the people who told me this, I say thank you. Thank you for the motivation. You just helped feed the fire.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Oh yeah Im 140 ish 5'11. 11% bodyfat. I AM not underweight or skin and bones. .

Ive always figured out there are 24 hrs a day, sleep 6 hrs and you have 18 hrs left. And I know that there are some of you out there now saying Wait a minute I sleep 8 or 9 hr well just sleep faster.

After training for 6 months, I was just told that all my hard work wasn't good enough. I was told that my gains weren't impressive. I was told that I wasted my time. To the people who told me this, I say thank you. Thank you for the motivation. You just helped feed the fire.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by 36cantquit View Post
    Oh yeah Im 140 ish 5'11. 11% bodyfat. I AM not underweight or skin and bones. .
    no offense buddy, but by saying that and looking at your measurement you are underweight. I would have your coach talk to your mom about protein supps or you should. Your diet has way too many sandwiches...can you get some steak, roast, potatoes, lasagna, burgers, stir fry etc etc?
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another...Proverbs 27:17
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/threads/76757-51-and-still-lifting-getting-stronger

M&S Senior Member DownToBusiness's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

^ Idk about too many sandwiches, 2-3 PB's a day did it for me in high school playing football. Joe's increase in protein call is spot on though, carbs are probably just barely behind where they should be but protein looks to be pretty far off the mark. Maybe some creamy/beefy campbell's soups? That's something you could probably get mom on board for, or string cheese (Not really my favorite, but guys on the team had some success with that one, you just need to really hammer it haha).
    6'0" 170lb
    "Get Mean or Get Out"

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by HDJoe View Post
    no offense buddy, but by saying that and looking at your measurement you are underweight. I would have your coach talk to your mom about protein supps or you should. Your diet has way too many sandwiches...can you get some steak, roast, potatoes, lasagna, burgers, stir fry etc etc?
    I just replaced a sandwich with pasta with tuna + brown rice. And added a lunch with chicken breast, brown rice, and a veggie. I will switch it up everyday but it will be pretty similar.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by HDJoe View Post
    For some reason I have some awkward body because I have amazing strength and all but no real muscle mass. No bone showing. And yeah i was low on protein.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Eat meat 2-3 times a day, big pieces of meat. Also milk is a good options.

The simple truth is if you dont put on weight then you need to eat more.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Just to let you know I gained 4lbs in the First two weeks with me starting Protein+Carbs shakes 3 times a day(Started second week of bulk) Have a ton of lower body gains. Will inform on more gains soon.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hello! I am very glad that I got to such a useful forum. The topic is quite relevant, because each parent is faced with it. Our children are our everything and therefore we want all the best for them. And of course, food comes first. After all, we know what kind of food in schools. I searched a lot on this topic in various forums, but decided to order several articles on this topic on the website, where I learned a lot. Of course, I prefer to give food to my son at home, because I’m more confident that my son will eat normal food. Therefore, follow the nutrition of your child and if you want to order several articles go to the site that I wrote in this text.