MEMBER LOGIN

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

So Friday night, I was going to have a cheat meal, but it turned into a cheat night. I'm not going to get in to the delicious and hoppy details, but trust me it was good. However, the scale report tomorrow I'm sure will pay for the enjoyment. Regardless, yesterday and today I got back on track, so I'm hoping I can at least break even... we'll see.

Cardio (a.m. / fasted)

Run (outdoors)

1.76 miles / 15:33

Legs (afternoon)

Squat (~ ATG)

1. 135 x 8
    2. 155 x 8
    3. 185 x 6
    4. 225 x 8
    5. 245 x 2 * See note(s) below.
    6. 225 x 7

SLDL

1. 135 x 10
    2. 145 x 10
    3. 155 x 10
    4. 155 x 10

Leg Extension

1. 115 x 12
    2. 130 x 12
    3. 145 x 12
    4. 145 x 11

Calf Raise

1. 130 x 13
    2. 140 x 13
    3. 140 x 13
    4. 150 x 13

I felt very strong today and all my numbers went up, the squats especially. However, after set #4, I began to feel some pain/weakness in my right knee. I knew I had enough energy to get 245 for 5 on set #5 which was my goal, but with the feeling in my knee, I didn't want to push it, so I quit after 2 reps. Hopefully this was a one-time thing, but only time will tell.

Other than that (and Friday night's pig out), this was a decent week. I'm considering nixing running as my cardio choice due to the high impact as well as the fact that the area I live in right now makes running very inconvenient; I have to drive to find a safe place to run (many busy/main roads w/no trails close by). So I may break out the mountain bike and give that a go.

I know the weigh in tomorrow isn't going to be good, but I've fallen before and I'll just have to get back up and up my discipline this week. I'd like to see 175 lbs by May 1st, but that's coming quick & might not be feasible. I'll try nonetheless.
    Last edited by OneGun; 03-11-2012 at 11:45 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Well like I thought, I ate too much and now the scale went north (wrong direction). Woe is me!!! Actually, it's no big deal. My poundages are going in the right direction in terms of my lifts in the gym and my clothes have been fitting much better for about 3 weeks now, so a minor set-back isn't a big deal at this point.

Weigh in: 187 lbs. ( - 3.5 from start, but + 1 lb. from last Monday)

Cardio

Run (outdoor)

1.38 miles / 12:01

That's it. I had a little extra time today, so I did some running. There were some hills involved which was a little more challenging, but regardless of where I choose to run, the next time I do and from here on out, I will be hitting or exceeding the 2 mile mark. I want to be ready to do some 5k's this summer.

Gym tomorrow. Good night all!
    Last edited by OneGun; 03-12-2012 at 11:44 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I've been working a lot this week & have a long commute, so I've been a little sleep deprived. I wanted to get 7 hours last night (at least), but all I got was 5... for the 2nd night in a row. Maybe it's the time change that's got me wigged out a little, but I feel pretty fatigued this week.

In any case, I went in today and worked biceps & abs. As I've stated previously, I'm not a big fan of direct arm training, but I must admit that I like nice looking biceps even if the powerlifter in me is ashamed, so on I plod. I've also began direct ab training today. Since I've only been back into training for a couple months now, I felt like I didn't have the endurance to incorporate ab work into any of my other sessions. I also couldn't fit an extra day for it into my schedule, but now I've got my chops back so I won't be neglecting them anymore.

At this point, barring some unforseen unfortunate derailment (knock on wood), I'm back!

Biceps & Abs

EZ Bar Curl

1. 45 x 10
    2. 55 x 10
    3. 65 x 10
    4. 75 x 8

Straight Bar Curl

1. 55 x 10
    2. 55 x 6
    3. 45 x 8
    4. 45 x 6

Low Pulley Curl (rope)

1. 42.5 x 11
    2. 47.5 x 6

Abdominal Pull Down

1. 65 x 12
    2. 80 x 12
    3. 87.5 x 11
    4. 87.5 x 8

Dumbell Side Bends (one side at a time)

1. 45 x 10 ea
    2. 55 x 10 ea
    3. 60 x 12 ea
    4. 70 x 12 ea

And now I'm going to bed.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I'm still not caught up on sleep, but I felt pretty good. I'm trying to up my poundages and it's coming slowly and today was cool; I got my bench back to 200 now I don't feel so bad. December of 09 I was up to 300. Of course, I weighed about 210 at the time and I'm 185 now. I got nothing but time though...

Chest

Bench Press

1. 135 x 6
    2. 155 x 6
    3. 185 x 7
    4. 200 x 2 * That's all I had, but I got both with no spot.
    5. 185 x 4
    6. 165 x 9

Incline Dumbell Press

1. 55s x 8
    2. 60s x 7
    3. 55s x 7
    4. 50s x 8

Incline Dumbell Fly

1. 20s x 12
    2. 25s x 12
    3. 25s x 10
    4. 25s x 9

Dips (assisted)

1. BW - 70lbs. x 9
    2. BW - 70lbs. x 10
    3. BW - 70lbs. x 8
    4. BW - 70lbs. x 9

So I pushed pretty hard on my bench presses today and it wore me out for my other lifts. I was a little surprised at the end because at first, I tried doing unassisted dips, but when I tried my first rep, there was nobody home so I went to the assisted. My incline dumbell presses were a little less than last time too, but poundages went up on bench and that's what I'm most concerned with right now.

Good stuff...

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Cardio (evening)

Run (outdoor)

2.0 miles / 16:34

I made the 2 mile mark for the first time in a few months. I was up to 4 miles last summer, then I quit running until a couple months ago, and even now I'm not as disciplined as I was last year. But today I felt good and ran to miles straight without stopping. Hopefully I can get back up to 4 miles by the time of the next Warrior Dash, so I'll be up to the challenge again. I did this race last year in July and had a blast. I'd suggest anyone who's a runner give it a go. They have them all over the country. Very cool and a whole lot of fun!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Patting myself on the back for hitting the gym on a Friday night... now I'm taking the rest of the weekend off lifting to rest up and recover. I think I'll run tomorrow or Sunday though, but other than that, I'll be resting.

Back

Deadlift

1. 135 x 10
    2. 185 x 8
    3. 225 x 6
    4. 275 x 6
    5. 315 x 3
    6. 275 x 6

Pull-ups

1. BW x 4
    2. BW x 4
    3. BW x 3
    4. BW - 25 x 4
    5. BW - 40 x 5

* Last 2 sets were assisted

T-Bar Rows (chest supported)

1. 75 x 10
    2. 85 x 10
    3. 95 x 10
    4. 100 x 8

Barbell Shrug

1. 225 x 12
    2. 245 x 10
    3. 265 x 10
    4. 275 x 10

Numbers were up on all exercises with the exception of the pull-ups that I wasn't doing. From here on out, I'm going to try to get better with pull-ups and incorporate them into my back training on each session. And just for the record, I don't cheat whatsoever on pull-ups. I go all the way down and let my elbows lock... just for the record

I think next week, I'm going to take it easy or "deload" if you want to call it that... especially with lower body. My knees and lower back need it. I'll still be training, just not so heavy and aggressively. Even though I'm only 31, my body just isn't bouncing back like it was 5-10 years ago, so I'm going to listen to its signals.

BTW, I'm really starting to feel good and I think I look thinner than I did when I started a few weeks ago. All clothes have the slack back in them and I'm seeing changes (albeit minor changes) almost weekly.

Everyone have a fun and safe weekend.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Good workout bud, I also make sure to drag myself to the gym on fridays and it gets hard at the end of the week.

Nice work on the deadlifts

I'm late 20's and I too have noticed a slowdown in recovery time compared to when I used to lift in college.
    Last edited by MisterDMC; 03-16-2012 at 11:43 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDMC View Post
    Good workout bud, I also make sure to drag myself to the gym on fridays and it gets hard at the end of the week.

Nice work on the deadlifts

I'm late 20's and I too have noticed a slowdown in recovery time compared to when I used to lift in college.
    Thanks man!

Yeah I pushed the deadlifts pretty hard. I probably could have done 315 x 5, but the last thing I need is another injury. I sprained the hell out of my ankle a few months ago which sidelined me for 2 weeks; it sucked. I don't wanna mess things up again.

But yeah, it's funny what just 5 years has done. I can't go as crazy as I could before, but I still feel great, I just have to allow more time for recovery.

P.S. Our foriegn exchange student brought a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts home yesterday (my favorite... glazed kreme filled). And I'm happy to report, I haven't so much as touched one... so far.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Atta Boy!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Cardio

Run (outdoor)

2.0 miles / 16:39

This run was pretty tough. I felt like a bag of bricks. Got charged by a doberman whose leash stopped him about 3 cm from me, so that was good.

When I was out ther today, I felt like I was barely above a walking pace and how out of shape I was. Now I'm thinking how far along I'd be if I never would have stopped running last year. Hell, I'd probably be up to half-marathons by now and lean as all get out.

But enough crying. Nothing's going to get me back to where I was except more hard work and that's what I've been up to... for the most part.

Back to the gym tomorrow.

[/weekend]

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Good work so far man. Couple questions.

How tall are you?
    Feel like posting any pics?
    And what is your training schedule? I see a bunch of chest, leg, back and cardio days. And only one shoulder day with a couple arm days. Not giving you a hard time or anything just curious as to what the overall routine looks like. Set days or some sort of revolving format?
    Time to get motivated again!

34yo, 5'10", 225 lbs
    My training log: Sandaholic's training sessions

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaholic View Post
    Good work so far man. Couple questions.

How tall are you?
    Feel like posting any pics?
    And what is your training schedule? I see a bunch of chest, leg, back and cardio days. And only one shoulder day with a couple arm days. Not giving you a hard time or anything just curious as to what the overall routine looks like. Set days or some sort of revolving format?
    Thanks man!

And to answer your questions, I'm 5'9", 31 years old and 186 lbs with a 33" waist. I've never been skinny and have some natural stockyness, but I do put on fat easily in the stomach/love handle area. On the flip side, I can gain muscle pretty well. I guess I'm an endomorph.

But yeah, I've only been back into training for a couple months now, so at first, I'm only concerning myself with the major muscle groups. Once my body gets used to training again, I'll incorporate more direct shoulder & arm sessions.

In regard to when I train, I really just train when I feel like it and I choose which muscle groups to train on certain days arbitrarily for the most part. I just try to space out my training to how I feel it makes sense. For example, if on Monday I train legs, I won't train back on Tuesday because I almost always squat for legs and then deadlift for back, so I allow my legs to rest. In that case, I'd likely do chest or something else upper body on Tuesday.

Also, I try to do a 2 on/1 off type schedule. However, I'll sometimes go 3 days in a row, and sometimes take 2 days off. It just depends how I feel and what's going on in my life.

And yeah, I'll post some pics at some point, but like I said, I'm 5'9"/186 lbs/33" waist. I look pretty good with my clothes on and I think you can tell I lift a little, but I've got some belly fat to lose. It's not disgusting, but it's got to go. Nevertheless, I'll get some pics up soon.

Thanks again for the interest/encouragement!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Weigh in: 186 lbs. (- 4.5 lbs. from start)

So I lost the pound from last week, but I think my cheat meal on Satruday night kept me from making real progress. Weekends are my achilles heel and I've got to work on getting through them. However, I haven't lost any ground, I'm just not progressing as fast as I have in the past. Last year, I was running every other day in the morning (fasted) and was losing fat rapidly... even with no weight training. I just didn't have the time to do both, but I lost fat like nobody's business. I think I'm just going to start alternating cardio/weight training by lifting one day, running the next, etc., etc.

However, today I lifted...

Chest

Bench Press

1. 135 x 6
    2. 155 x 6
    3. 185 x 6
    4. 205 x 2
    5. 185 x 5

Hammer Strength Incline Press

1. 90 x 10
    2. 110 x 10
    3. 130 x 6
    4. 130 x 4
    5. 110 x 7

Dips

1. BW x 6
    2. BW - 25 x 12
    3. BW - 25 x 10
    4. BW - 25 x 10

Incline Dumbell Fly

1. 25s x 12
    2. 25s x 12
    3. 25s x 12
    4. 25s x 11

Tricep Pushdown (rope)

1. 42.5 x 12
    2. 47.5 x 12
    3. 50 x 8
    4. 50 x 7

So at this point, I need to decide if I still want to cut or start training for strength. I seem to be treading water with my bodyweight and while most of my lifts are going up, my bench isn't progressing like I'd like it to. Historically, my bench was one of my best lifts. Even stronger than my squat if you can belive that; I know it's not typical, but I've always been a good bencher.

However, I need to stay on track and up my cardio, re-examine my diet, and see where I can shave off 200-300 calories and/or up my cardio. If I get down to 175 lbs (11 lbs. lighter than I am now), I'll start back up the other way. However, my goal of getting to 175 by May 1st seems difficult now... June 1st may be more realistic.

In any case, I'm working out all the time and eating healthy/clean... about 95% clean. I haven't had a candy bar, chips, or any fast food in many weeks, so regardless things are going well. I just need to sharpen up and make a good 2 month push here.

Cheer me on and/or verbally slap me in the face. Thanks for reading.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Right on. I do much the same, just let my body tell me when I'm ready to train (no set schedule for me). Looks like you've got a really good handle on everything. I'm lookin' forward to seeing where you're at in a few months.

Keep your head in the game man!
    Time to get motivated again!

34yo, 5'10", 225 lbs
    My training log: Sandaholic's training sessions

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaholic View Post
    Right on. I do much the same, just let my body tell me when I'm ready to train (no set schedule for me). Looks like you've got a really good handle on everything. I'm lookin' forward to seeing where you're at in a few months.

Keep your head in the game man!
    You too man, and thanks again.

Cardio

Run (outdoor)

2.0 miles / 16:59

It's been unseasonably hot around here this week. Today it was about 78 degrees; it's been a record high every day this week I think. In any case, it was a nice day to run, but the route I chose had about .5 miles of a slight up hill gradient... which I believe is why my time was about 25 seconds longer than my last 2 mile run. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Now I just need to turn in early and get some rest tonight, for tomorrow is squat day.

See you then!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

So on Wednesdays, I get home around 5:30 and my wife gets home 7:30'ish. She likes going with me to the gym, so on Wednesday I wait for her. As a result, we don't get there until 8:00 and typically get done between 9:00 - 9:30. Makes for kind of a late night, but I don't mind. Kinda sucks that I have to wake up at 5:00 a.m. everyday, but to be honest, my job is kush so it's all good. And today's session was pretty productive.

Legs

ATG Squat

1. 135 x 10
    2. 185 x 8
    3. 225 x 10
    4. 225 x 8
    5. 225 x 10
    6. 245 x 5

SLDL

1. 135 x 10
    2. 155 x 10
    3. 165 x 10
    4. 165 x 10

Leg Extension

1. 130 x 12
    2. 130 x 12
    3. 145 x 12
    4. 150 x 11

Calf Raise (standing/machine)

1. 130 x 14
    2. 140 x 14
    3. 150 x 14
    4. 150 x 14

I decided to train in a little higher rep range with a few sets of squats today for a change up. I kept good form on all my reps, but I did take some rests (10-15 seconds in some cases) between the last 2-3 reps. But I felt good and my back, legs/knees didn't have any creaks or clicks. I'd like to be squatting 300 for 5 by the end of summer if things go right.

I postponed dinner today until I got home (~ 10:00 p.m.). I had a salad I made that consisted of spinach leaves, one large can of tuna (no mayo, just the tuna... in water, but drained), grape tomatoes, and a light vinegarette dressing. However, I downed a big glass of fat free milk before I ate that. Before the gym, my pre-workout snack was 1.5 cups of lowfat cottage cheese, one banana, and one scoop of whey in a Powerade Zero.

Good day today. Cardio tomorrow. Bed now!

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Excellent progress, impressive ATG squats
    Big 4 - Bench 245 Squat 315 Deadlift 345 OHP 125
    Training Log - mister-dmcs-training-log-becoming-bat-lol
    Bulking to 210 - Currently 186

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Excellent progress, impressive ATG squats
    Thanks DMC. I had one of those days where I was feeling good and wasn't losing steam so I went for it. However, as I was leaving the gym, I felt a little soreness in the left side of the back of my neck. Every so often, this happens to me, but not after leg training. It wasn't bad at all, but the area that was hurting was one that I've dealt with before so I knew I must have made just the right movement to aggravate it.

About 3 years ago, I was training shoulders and for my last exercise, I decided to do front lateral raises with a 45 lb. plate as a finisher. Well when I did that, something pinched a nerve in my neck and it shot down my left leg and I buckled. After that, my neck/back were sore for about 4 months... gradually decreasing in severity until it finally subsided completely.

But anywho, it started to get a little more inflamed as the night went on and, as a result, I didn't sleep very well. I must have drank a lot of liquids too because I had to get up a couple times Wednesday night and use the restroom. Coffee saved me Thursday at work. And though I was going to run Thursday after work, the soreness in my neck, the lack of sleep, and the severe thunderstorms that were taking place where I live caused me to take the day off. The universe was hinting to me that I needed to take it easy... and I did. I even enjoyed a Guiness Draught that night... but just one, I promise.

Biceps & Abs

Standing Curl (EZ Bar/Close Grip)

1. 45 x 10
    2. 55 x 10
    3. 75 x 10
    4. 75 x 6
    5. 65 x 8
    6. 65 x 10

Standing Curl (Straight Bar/Wide Grip)

1. 55 x 8
    2. 55 x 6
    3. 45 x 10
    4. 45 x 9

Incline Dumbell Curl

1. 15s x 10
    2. 20s x 7
    3. 17s x 6 (yup... my gym has 17s... cool, huh?)

Ab Pull-Downs

1. 65 x 12
    2. 80 x 12
    3. 87.5 x 12
    4. 95 x 8
    5. 87.5 x 12
    6. 87.5 x 9

Dumbell Side Bends

1. 55s x 10 ea
    2. 65s x 12 ea
    3. 70s x 12 ea
    4. 70s x 12 ea

So again I drag my arse into the gym on a Friday evening. Some will power, huh? Actually, if I were still single and in my early 20's, that wouldn't have happened. But now I'm married... washed up... domesticated and, for the most part, lifeless. Result = gym on Friday followed by hours on the internet. Woo hoo!

Don't worry though, the wife and I don't have matching gym clothes. I'm not that bad... yet!
    Last edited by OneGun; 03-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

So yesterday I went to a family function with the wife and again scarfed down a good deal of less than ideal food. It was damn good though and honestly, at this point, it's not affecting me too much. What I mean is that even though my weekly weigh ins aren't moving the scale a great deal, I continue to see visible improvements, albeit gradually, in my physique.

I'm going to try focusing hard on my running and see if I can get up to a half marathon by next summer. My hope is that as my mileages increase, this will provide me with the additional fat loss I'm looking for. However, I'm in no rush and have dug my heels in for the slow cut. I'd still like to get to 175 lbs by June 1st (I've pushed back my goal by 1 month), but at this point, all my clothes fit and I feel good.

However, my bench press poundages have become stagnant and I'd like to see the numbers improve as they have on my DL & Squat, but my bench (a lift I used to accel in) isn't progressing as I'd like. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but if I don't see something moving in the right direction in a few weeks, a change will be in the cards.

We'll see...

Cardio (fasted)

Run (outdoor)

2.0 miles / 16:18

And in the evening...

Chest

Bench Press

1. 135 x 10
    2. 155 x 10
    3. 185 x 6
    4. 185 x 4
    5. 175 x 6
    6. 165 x 5

Incline Dumbell Press

1. 45s x 10
    2. 50s x 10
    3. 55s x 8
    4. 55s x 7

Incline Dumbell Flies

1. 25s x 12
    2. 25s x 12
    3. 25s x 12
    4. 25s x 12

Dips (assisted/close grip)

1. BW - 45 x 8
    2. BW - 45 x 7
    3. BW - 60 x 10
    4. BW - 60 x 10

So like I said, my bench press might have hit a plateau, but I shaved a few seconds off my 2 mile run and I felt like I'm getting my legs back, so that's cool. Hopefully I can get back up to 4 miles within the next few months here and will be ready for the race I plan on entering this summer. If I can get to 4 miles running, weight down to 175, and get my bench up to a 225 5rm max, things will be just swell.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Keep an eye on that neck/shoulder injury, don't need you overdoing it and hitting a major setback. Don't worry about the bench plateau mine was stuck at 200 for some time before breaking through. Nice work on the run.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Keep an eye on that neck/shoulder injury, don't need you overdoing it and hitting a major setback. Don't worry about the bench plateau mine was stuck at 200 for some time before breaking through. Nice work on the run.
    Hey thanks,

And yeah, luckily my neck/shoulder discomfort is diminishing... slowly, but it's getting better. I'm super sensitive to it though. If I feel the slightest pinch I'll bail on whatever it is I'm doing. I'm a pretty big injuryphobe at this point. But I'm feeling better so I'm optimistic.

And today I felt good too. I was a little worried about heavy shrugs so I took it kinda easy and everything worked out well.

Weigh In: 184.5 lbs ( - 6 lbs. from official start of cut/first weigh in)

Back

Deadlift

1. 135 x 10
    2. 185 x 10
    3. 225 x 8
    4. 275 x 6
    5. 315 x 5
    6. 335 x 2

Pull Up (close grip)

1. BW x 3
    2. BW x 3
    3. BW x 3
    4. BW x 3
    5. BW x 3

Wide Grip Pull Down

1. 85 x 12
    2. 100 x 10
    3. 120 x 8
    4. 110 x 9

T-Bar Row (non-chest supported)

1. 45 x 10
    2. 70 x 10
    3. 70 x 10
    4. 75 x 10

Barbell Shrug

1. 225 x 10
    2. 275 x 10
    3. 275 x 10
    4. 295 x 10

So like I said, today was good. The discomfort in my neck is diminishing and my deadlift went up again. I'd intended to take it easy this week (or deload, if you like), but I've felt good, so I haven't really done that. In fact, I've pushed pretty hard and it's going well.

Tomorrow I hit the road again...
    Last edited by OneGun; 03-26-2012 at 10:15 PM.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Cardio

Run (outdoor)

2.0 miles / 16:37

So that's all it was today. A 2 mile run. Didn't have quite the stamina/energy that I had on my last run, but that's how running is. Some days you're legs & lungs are super human, other days you feel like a bag of hammers. Most days are somewhere in between to varying degrees.

Shoulder training tommorrow... planned tentatively.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Impressive numbers on the deadlifts and shrugs, do you use straps? Cause my grip always tires first.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Impressive numbers on the deadlifts and shrugs, do you use straps? Cause my grip always tires first.
    Thanks. But yeah, I gotta use straps. I'd like not to have to, but my back's much stronger than my hands and the alternate grip (one facing in/one facing out) doesn't work for me. I use the Schiek Model 1000-DLS - Dowel Lifting Straps and have for a few years. They work best for me.

I keep thinking I need to resume grip training with my Heavy Grips Hand Grippers, but they're just sitting on the table. Maybe I'll throw them in the truck and do something useful on my long commute for the rest of the week. Regardless, I'll be using my straps forever more than likely.

However, I don't use a weight lifting belt or any other apparatuses. Just the straps and one heavy arse bar!

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

So here went what is now my typical late evening Wednesday training session. Getting closer to the weekend!

Shoulders

Military Press

1. 65 x 10
    2. 95 x 8
    3. 105 x 6
    4. 135 x 7
    5. 135 x 5
    6. 125 x 7

Upright Row (EZ Bar)

1. 75 x 10
    2. 85 x 10
    3. 95 x 10
    4. 85 x 10

Side Lateral Raise (standing/dumbell)

1. 20s x 10
    2. 20s x 10
    3. 20s x 10
    4. 20s x 10

Rear Delt Fly

1. 25s x 12
    2. 30s x 12
    3. 30s x 12
    4. 30s x 12

So nothing really noteworthy here. I squeezed 2 more reps out on my military press at 135 lbs. I'll keep at this weight for my 2 heavy working sets until I can get 10 reps on each of the 2 sets then add 10 lbs and see how that goes. I also dropped down to 30s from 35s on the rear delt flies and focused on form and motion/control.

Other than that, that's all I got. Shoulder day, ya know. Nothing too exciting.