MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Female measurements

Heya,

Well I nearly drove myself batty the other weekend trying to find out what the average muscle measurements are for women and (big shock) I couldn't find them! They have thousands of bloody websites for men telling them how to measure their biceps, calves, etc. and what the averages are for a given height but mum's the word for us ladies. Anybody have a lead on where I could find this kind of information? It would be really nice to know where I stack up for my wee height of 5'4".

Also, while we're on the subject of measurements, has anyone else noticed that it is exceedingly difficult to find women's clothing that accomodates a muscular frame? I've been annoyed by this my whole life and will obviously continue to be if I put on more muscle. There's nothing quite so frustrating as trying to buy jeans that fit over my thighs and don't need a belt to take in several inches at the top (apparently women with a 28" waist are just not supposed to have 23" thighs), or the dreaded choice between a t-shirt that fits well everywhere except the shoulders (the bulging Hulk look just isn't flattering) or one that fits my shoulders but sags everywhere else. Do you folks have any favorite brands or styles that suit a muscular frame and still look vaguely feminine?

Cheers!

WeeCoo (moo)

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Training Log

As far as body measurements, don't compare yourself to other people. Everybody's frame is different. You are who you are. Some people have large frames, some people have small ones. So all measurements are varied. Aim to be healthy and fit.

It doesn't make sense to compare yourself to an average or someone else. If you look and feel good that's what matters. Judge yourself based on what you see in the mirror and how you perform.

As for clothing, I've just opted for softer more flowy tops and outfits, they also look very feminine. They fit and flatter everybody. If you want something fitted it could be trickier. I've had big shoulders my whole life, so I understand what you're talking about.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Agreed with maja if you dont want to be a competive bodybuilder and just are lifting for the a better you (fitter and healthier) forget about measurements, everybody is slightly slightly in bone structure, muscle attachments, etc. Just focus on be a better version of yourself.

Its very difficult also, for example one friend of mine is 32-22-32 (model) and she looks beyond anythings, but you can be sure that those measuments do not aplyes to everybody not even a small group women could drive insane or even anorexic to gt that meanwhile she pulled easily and healthy.

Thats what I mean, forget about ''perfect measures'', just improve yourself! Good luck
    I do not count reps, I make every rep count !!

175cm/75kg

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies, but to be fair it's not a self-esteem issue. I'm actually lifting to increase my strength and put on a significant amount of muscle mass for work (the full details are in my New Member Introduction post "Greetings from Glasgow"). I'm not trying to measure myself against someone else's standards and be someone I'm not. What I'm looking for is a rough guide on muscle measurements (biceps, thighs, calves, etc.) and total muscle mass for women so I can set realistic goals. For example, there's no point in setting a goal to put on 20 pounds of muscle mass if I'm already carrying more than the average for my height and would realistically top out at putting on 10 pounds. Make sense? Cheers!

Kettlebells' Angel !!!! 5kgLifter's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by WeeCoo View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies, but to be fair it's not a self-esteem issue. I'm actually lifting to increase my strength and put on a significant amount of muscle mass for work (the full details are in my New Member Introduction post "Greetings from Glasgow"). I'm not trying to measure myself against someone else's standards and be someone I'm not. What I'm looking for is a rough guide on muscle measurements (biceps, thighs, calves, etc.) and total muscle mass for women so I can set realistic goals. For example, there's no point in setting a goal to put on 20 pounds of muscle mass if I'm already carrying more than the average for my height and would realistically top out at putting on 10 pounds. Make sense? Cheers!
    Yep, I understand, it's good to have a point of reference on what can be achieved; unfortunately, I don't think there are any tables of measurements for women like there are for men, I've never come across any.

I have come across strength tables for females but that's about all.
    1-Finger Deadlift, 1RM: 80.3lbs/36.5kg

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

you can compare yourself with the stats of females fitnnes or bdybuilder, search in this website interviews or check personal sites. for strength use this, aim to do all the ''intermediete goals'' for reps http://strengthlevel.com/index.php and most important take pictures of yourself every month and use them to track your progress
    I do not count reps, I make every rep count !!

175cm/75kg

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

5kgLifter: YAY, it's nice to know I'm not alone on this Too bad I'm not a human doctor, I would definitely take this on as a research project (I don't think many cows are lining up at the squat rack).

Gabro: Thank you SOOOO much for that link man! That's going to be a big help

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Thanks for the link Gabro.