MEMBER LOGIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Lightbulb Think I'm done with alcohol for a while

    I'm not much of a drinker, really. Socially, a glass of wine here and there. Maybe a summer brew light beer. But, even if it's just socially, the next day, my workouts are poor quality. I'm sluggish, dehydrated, and just feel ick.

    Throws off my sleep, too. I decided to not have any alcohol out with friends this weekend, and what a difference I feel! Today, woke up very refreshed, and ready to go. If I drank last night, I would have probably not wanted to go to the gym. The heat and humidity is pretty high right now in Florida, and drinking the night before a planned run, historically didn't end well. Stay hydrated in this heat is vital.

    Not to mention, when you're less than sober, your ability to make wise eating choices, declines. You reach for junk if it's there, and I've read that there is an enzyme in alcohol that slows fat to burn.

    Hey, it's fun while it's happening, lol but I am tired of paying for that 'good time' later.

    Just wanted to share my observation with this. Anyone else feel less than up to par, after a night of a few drinks?
    Last edited by wegs; 06-16-2013 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #2
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    I drank a lot of beer yesterday and today I want to skip my workout too. Not going to though .
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  3. #3
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
    I drank a lot of beer yesterday and today I want to skip my workout too. Not going to though .
    yeah, it just messes with my workout. i sometimes have skipped, sometimes not. even when i didn't skip the workout, i remember standing around the gym, just staring at the weights in a tired daze. lol

    and if i would take a preworkout stim prior to, I'd feel very strange, after a night of a few drinks. our bodies aren't meant to go through that up and down physical feeling, me thinks.

    have a good workout, today.

  4. #4
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    I have eaten 3 times already today so I think my energy is pretty good now. Early on in the day I was not good for any more then Laying in front of the t.v
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  5. #5
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
    I have eaten 3 times already today so I think my energy is pretty good now. Early on in the day I was not good for any more then Laying in front of the t.v
    glad you're feeling better, now!

  6. #6
    Seasoned M&S Veteran Jmama's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2012
    • Posts
      3,881
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      USA
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      814,575,340
    • Rep Power
      8,145,779

    Default

    wait, you're <20 years old and are done with drinking?
    is that right?

  7. #7
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    I'm 40 and I'm done with drinking on work out days
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  8. #8
    VENI VIDI VICI Gabro's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      3,589
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Mt. Olympus
    • Reputation
      70,437,445
    • Rep Power
      704,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmama View Post
    wait, you're <20 years old and are done with drinking?
    is that right?
    damn right.

    nice choice girl.
    I do not count reps, I make every rep count !!

    175cm/75kg

  9. #9
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmama View Post
    wait, you're <20 years old and are done with drinking?
    is that right?
    you're funny!
    i'm a lot older than 20, mister! but i'll take this as a...compliment? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
    I'm 40 and I'm done with drinking on work out days
    that's the spirit hehe!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    damn right.

    nice choice girl.
    hi Gabro.

  10. #10
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    and SINCE i decided to opt out of booze last night...my workout was stellar today. yay!

    the skinnygirl series is pretty good, and very low calorie, which is nice to know there's an alternative out there.

    but even so. when you start getting 'buzzed,' then you (i do anyways) making bad eating decisions. i need to stay sober if i want to reach my training goals!

  11. #11
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wegs View Post
    and SINCE i decided to opt out of booze last night...my workout was stellar today. yay!

    the skinnygirl series is pretty good, and very low calorie, which is nice to know there's an alternative out there.

    but even so. when you start getting 'buzzed,' then you (i do anyways) making bad eating decisions. i need to stay sober if i want to reach my training goals!
    I have done pretty good lately while drinking not to eat bad. And that is my cheat day so the extra calories from my drinks are for my cheat I guess. I may only drink 1 -2 days a month tops though .
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  12. #12
    Seasoned M&S Veteran Jmama's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2012
    • Posts
      3,881
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      USA
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      814,575,340
    • Rep Power
      8,145,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wegs View Post
    you're funny!
    i'm a lot older than 20, mister! but i'll take this as a...compliment? haha
    not much older, i'm sure.
    it's just that in your profile it says you are "<20"
    i guess you didn't change it from the default.
    i thought it seemed strange for a teenager to be having a social glass of wine here and there, maybe a beer or two on a summer day.

  13. #13
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Lol! I didn't even realize that; I changed it. I'm 42, so ...far from a teenager. Lol I'm told I look in my early 30's by folks in real life. I think that's nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmama View Post
    not much older, i'm sure.
    it's just that in your profile it says you are "<20"
    i guess you didn't change it from the default.
    i thought it seemed strange for a teenager to be having a social glass of wine here and there, maybe a beer or two on a summer day.

  14. #14
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    Your picture looks young. Good quality to have, old enough with experience but look and feel young
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  15. #15
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Yea, I'm told I look younger. 42 is not old btw.

    You don't look 40, just sayin'

  16. #16
    Seasoned M&S Veteran Jmama's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2012
    • Posts
      3,881
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      USA
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      814,575,340
    • Rep Power
      8,145,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wegs View Post
    Lol! I didn't even realize that; I changed it. I'm 42, so ...far from a teenager. Lol I'm told I look in my early 30's by folks in real life. I think that's nice.
    this makes more sense.

    yeah, the booze never really did much for me.
    a lot of times it just makes me angry or depressed. and the next day sucks.
    it's probably been years since i've had a drink. i don't even remember.

    now heroin. that's a different story.

  17. #17
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wegs View Post
    Yea, I'm told I look younger. 42 is not old btw.

    You don't look 40, just sayin'
    40 is not old , I actually love this age. We seem to be more open to new things at this age. Just enjoy life
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  18. #18
    ~Psychotic Potato Dwarf~
    • Join Date
      Jan 2013
    • Posts
      2,995
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      usa
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      51,136,486
    • Rep Power
      511,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wegs View Post
    Lol! I didn't even realize that; I changed it. I'm 42, so ...far from a teenager. Lol I'm told I look in my early 30's by folks in real life. I think that's nice.
    Wow, your pic looks great! I would not have guessed 42, I honestly thought you were close to my age, I'm 17!

  19. #19
    VENI VIDI VICI Gabro's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      3,589
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Mt. Olympus
    • Reputation
      70,437,445
    • Rep Power
      704,400

    Default

    yeah, its crazy.

    are you in this picture or you take this photo to someone else? xD

    either way, your face looks great, speaks very good about your health and lifestyle.

    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...chmentid=18104
    I do not count reps, I make every rep count !!

    175cm/75kg

  20. #20
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmama View Post
    this makes more sense.

    yeah, the booze never really did much for me.
    a lot of times it just makes me angry or depressed. and the next day sucks.
    it's probably been years since i've had a drink. i don't even remember.

    now heroin. that's a different story.
    oh my, heroin? that's a tough drug to kick, i've heard. i'm happy for you that you have stayed off alcohol...it really is unnecessary, when we stop to think about it. :/

    Quote Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
    40 is not old , I actually love this age. We seem to be more open to new things at this age. Just enjoy life

    agreed! I was a lot more uptight when I was in my 20's. I'm still uptight...lol just not as much. :} jk!
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaGrace39 View Post
    Wow, your pic looks great! I would not have guessed 42, I honestly thought you were close to my age, I'm 17!
    here's a pic of my daughter and me -- she is 17, too! wow, i wouldn't have guessed your age, ms maria. you are very mature. not that my daughter isn't. hee hee but, you really come across as in your 20's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    yeah, its crazy.

    are you in this picture or you take this photo to someone else? xD

    either way, your face looks great, speaks very good about your health and lifestyle.

    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/for...chmentid=18104
    lol that is my daughter. i took some recent pics of her as she is into boxing now. and i'm into photography. so it's a good recipe! lol

    and thank you kindly, gabro.

    you guys are too sweeeeet!
    Last edited by wegs; 08-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.

  21. #21
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    now that i want the pic bigger...it shows up smaller? :}
    can someone tell me how to enlarge it just a bit more?

  22. #22
    ~Psychotic Potato Dwarf~
    • Join Date
      Jan 2013
    • Posts
      2,995
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      usa
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      51,136,486
    • Rep Power
      511,385

    Default

    Thanks! and you both are very pretty!

  23. #23
    ~Psychotic Potato Dwarf~
    • Join Date
      Jan 2013
    • Posts
      2,995
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      usa
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      51,136,486
    • Rep Power
      511,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wegs View Post
    now that i want the pic bigger...it shows up smaller? :}
    can someone tell me how to enlarge it just a bit more?
    I told you on your log already.

  24. #24
    future old Geezer CLEEPER's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Oct 2010
    • Posts
      8,035
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany ,La
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      405,785,010
    • Rep Power
      4,057,899

    Default

    Exactly my point , way less uptight compared to just 5 years ago.
    Health and feeling good is my goals.

  25. #25
    M&S Senior Member
    • Join Date
      Jun 2013
    • Posts
      773
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Female
    • Location
      USA
    • Reputation
      123,526,845
    • Rep Power
      1,235,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaGrace39 View Post
    I told you on your log already.
    haha i looked, and thank you for that. I tried to 'stretch' the sides, but to no avail. :/ sooo...I put it in my profile photo album...the one marked 'just me and stuff.' and you can see my daughter and me REALLY REALLY big. :} (if u click on the pic itself)

    Quote Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
    Exactly my point , way less uptight compared to just 5 years ago.
    yes, true. and i think the reason is because we have gone through experiences that no longer frighten us. when we're younger, we don't know how to handle things until we go through them. then, we're like...hey, that wasn't so bad. lol things i used to stress over were mainly work related. now, i'm like...meh. i like my job, but it doesn't define who i am.

    this thread got deep! i blame it on jmama. :}
    Last edited by wegs; 06-16-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: forgot something

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. alcohol?
    By zubler99 in forum Beginners Questions & Advice
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 08:01 PM
  2. Alcohol....
    By bigjoearms in forum Fat Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 04:56 PM
  3. Alcohol
    By Vigis in forum Beginners Questions & Advice
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 03:22 PM
  4. Alcohol
    By pcar773 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 01:41 AM
  5. alcohol..
    By Bennyjp in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 06:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •