MEMBER LOGIN

Thread: clicky hip!

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Performance

Default clicky hip!

hi , my hip is very sore and I think it is from doing deep squats on Wednesday. The thing is it wasn't sore at the time and it wasn't sore yesterday but today has me limping all over the place. im a runner and im training for the 800 m so I tend to do a am and pm run. should I run today as I don't want to fall behind my schedule? will it matter if I don't train. I love running so I hope it gets better soon. How much rest should I give it.
    thanks in advance. sorry I read the injuries guide and thought I should add the following, I should add that im 16, 55kg and stand at 174cm.my hip doesn't hurt when sitting down but when I try and run on it I cannot raise my leg without a sharp pain. Could I have pulled something? if so why didn't it hurt at the time and the day after? any tips to get me back running again soon would be great as my comp is in September.
    Last edited by 800runner; 12-05-2013 at 11:35 PM.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Performance

bump?

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Where exactly is the pain in your hip? The side, inside, the front, the back, etc.?
    How long has it been since the pain started, and do you remember it happening before?
    Can you describe the pain?
    Do you hear clunking or the like, or feel any snapping or popping with hip movement?
    When does it exactly hurt? Does it hurt when walking, or when you put weight on that leg, or when getting up from a chair or seated position, etc.?
    What makes the pain better? What aggravates the pain?
    Does it hurt in the morning, or does it get worse as the day progresses?
    How does it feel today? Better, worse, the same?

I know you may have answered some of the questions already, but it's nice to have everything in one place to see so one doesn't miss something important. A lot of things can go on with the hip.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gregory-brusola/28/461/230

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Performance

thanks for replying. I will try and answer the questions as best as I can
    1.the pain is in the side my hip, especially when I sway to one side.
    2.I have never had this before and I started to feel the pain on Thursday morning after squats on Wednesday.
    3.I cant hear the clunking or anything but when I place my hand on my hip, I feel a slight click as I raise my leg off the ground. this doesn't happen to my other leg !
    3. it doesn't hurt to walk at the mo but when I really try to put any weight on that leg such as standing on one leg and squatting, it feels sore and like its going to pop.
    4.i can slowly run but soon as I try to sprint I feel that it will pop. it doesn't hurt when sitting though.
    5. today as im writing this it isn't too sore and I think it is a lot better than Friday as I could hardly walk. now I can manage a slow jog so that's good.
    I hope all this helps and thanks in advance for any tips.
    p.s. when do you think I could run again as I want to start training again. should I just ease back into it ?

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Other

Seek a physiotherapist. They can ascertain what is going on and give you exercises that should get you back to tip top shape.
    A home gym consisting of Bowflex Power-Pro XTL and power blocks(5-90). Also been working out consistently at a community center-JCC since November of 2014. Nice to have the home gym to fall back on off days.

• Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I was just about to respond the same thing. The info you gave didn't really reveal much more than the initial post. Talk to a PT to get things cleared up better.
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/gregory-brusola/28/461/230