MEMBER LOGIN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

This looks awesome, about to start it next week. The only thing I noticed is that there's no calf workouts. What would you reccomend for calfs to go along with this? Just 3 sets of 12 10 8 reps? Thanks

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Tone Up

Amazing :0

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    The last 7-8 weeks I've been hitting my legs hard. Well, it all has paid off...in the last 7 weeks I have put on almost 2in on each leg. So I thought I'd post up my leg routine I've been using in case anyone wants to give it a shot.

I do minimum 10min warm up for legs. Just about to be moving tons of weight, so warming up is even more important for legs day. So i do 10mins warm up, then about 40 bodyweight squats before I pick up a weight, every time.

This week I am adding single muscle group workouts to the workout section of this site. I am going to add this workout there too.

---------------------------------------

Week 1 - Heavy Week

Squat pyramid, 6 sets. 15, 12, 10, 8, 10, 15

Increase the weight on each set until you peak at 8 reps, 4th set. If you want to go heaver you could do 6 reps for that set. I don't squat down to low, I can feel when my glutes kick in so I stay above horizontal.

Stiff leg deadlift, 4 sets, 12 reps.

Really wanna focus on stretch and contraction, not weight. Since I've been doing deads my hamstrings have become really flexible so I stand on a step to get a real long stretch. If you're not feeling the stretch on the hamstrings on the way down and at the bottom you're not doing them right. For me, stuff deads have really increased the size and strength of my hams so it's pretty important to do them right.

Leg press / leg extension superset
    , 4 sets. 8 on leg press, 12 on leg extension.

Again, heavy on the leg press, only 8 reps. Straight onto the leg extension after (if you can walk there lol). 12 slow reps, lightish weight, hold top position for 3 second count.

Leg curl 4 sets of 8 reps

Heavy again with leg extensions. Heavy, but controlled. You should still be able to manage the weight.

Week 2 - Quad Week

Be prepared to die.

First up, tri-set for quads.

Squats/Lunges/Leg Extension for 5 sets

Less weight with squats now obviously. 10 reps squatting, slow. Followed by 6 reps on each leg lunges. Followed by 15 reps on the leg extension with light weight and 4-2-4 rep timing. Sound hard? It is.

Stiff Leg Deads, 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6

Time to put some more weight on your deadlift. Start at the weight you used last week and increase each set.

Leg Curl 4 sets of 12-15 with 3-1-3 timing

Week 3 - Ham Week

Today we're going to focus on hams, by doing them first. We're also not going to squat. You can put squat where leg press is if you like, but I like to take a week off from squatting once a month or so.

Stiff Leg Dead/Leg curl superset+dropset - 5 sets

Basically here I'm doing heavy deadlifts for about 8 reps (if your technique is not so good stick with 12). Then straight onto the leg curl machine for a drop set. I don't worry about going heavy at all on the leg curl, we just did heavy deads so just focus on getting a nice long stretch and wicked contraction. By the third set fo the drop set, you should be in serious pain. If you're not, you're not trying hard enough!

Leg press 4 sets on 12-15

(nothing special here)

Leg extension - 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 (increasing weight)

---------------------------------

There you go guys, this routine is not for the faint hearted. Since I got back into training this year I train my legs fkn hard, I can barely walk up the stairs to get out and feel nauseous almost every time. But it's paid off. Any questions or comments post them up.

thankyou for the post man... I need to ask im 6,5 tall...is that you in the pic..the tall guy on the left?because that would make this a bit more motivating for me.I sprain my elbow a week ago so I will be just doing legs for 3-4 weeks.apparently I have a small tear and have to rest or else.but I was meaning to find a good leg worlout today something new and came across this. good progress you have made no doubt.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I agree with Damien a lot. The really important thing is to do a very good warm up, one time I skipped warming and I sprained my leg... For me this workout is kind of hard but I will do it!!!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

i can not agree with you an more.i need a useful routine as well.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Yeah I am agree with your all tips and I also follow all the tips but I also use one more thing that is I use rowing machine which is very good for doing workout for legs, muscle and also full body workout and this machine is very good for using in the home and very easy to do workout.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

ty

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

That workout sounds pretty awesome and hard too Damien. I want to give that a try and saw the improvement on my physique.

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

The last 7-8 weeks I've been hitting my legs hard. Well, it all has paid off...in the last 7 weeks I have put on almost 2in on each leg. So I thought I'd post up my leg routine I've been using in case anyone wants to give it a shot.

I do minimum 10min warm up for legs. Just about to be moving tons of weight, so warming up is even more important for legs day. So i do 10mins warm up, then about 40 bodyweight squats before I pick up a weight, every time.

This week I am adding single muscle group workouts to the workout section of this site. I am going to add this workout there too.

---------------------------------------

Week 1 - Heavy Week

Squat pyramid, 6 sets. 15, 12, 10, 8, 10, 15

Increase the weight on each set until you peak at 8 reps, 4th set. If you want to go heaver you could do 6 reps for that set. I don't squat down to low, I can feel when my glutes kick in so I stay above horizontal.

Stiff leg deadlift, 4 sets, 12 reps.

Really wanna focus on stretch and contraction, not weight. Since I've been doing deads my hamstrings have become really flexible so I stand on a step to get a real long stretch. If you're not feeling the stretch on the hamstrings on the way down and at the bottom you're not doing them right. For me, stuff deads have really increased the size and strength of my hams so it's pretty important to do them right.

Leg press / leg extension superset
    , 4 sets. 8 on leg press, 12 on leg extension.

Again, heavy on the leg press, only 8 reps. Straight onto the leg extension after (if you can walk there lol). 12 slow reps, lightish weight, hold top position for 3 second count.

Leg curl 4 sets of 8 reps

Heavy again with leg extensions. Heavy, but controlled. You should still be able to manage the weight.

Week 2 - Quad Week

Be prepared to die.

First up, tri-set for quads.

Squats/Lunges/Leg Extension for 5 sets

Less weight with squats now obviously. 10 reps squatting, slow. Followed by 6 reps on each leg lunges. Followed by 15 reps on the leg extension with light weight and 4-2-4 rep timing. Sound hard? It is.

Stiff Leg Deads, 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6

Time to put some more weight on your deadlift. Start at the weight you used last week and increase each set.

Leg Curl 4 sets of 12-15 with 3-1-3 timing

Week 3 - Ham Week

Today we're going to focus on hams, by doing them first. We're also not going to squat. You can put squat where leg press is if you like, but I like to take a week off from squatting once a month or so.

Stiff Leg Dead/Leg curl superset+dropset - 5 sets

Basically here I'm doing heavy deadlifts for about 8 reps (if your technique is not so good stick with 12). Then straight onto the leg curl machine for a drop set. I don't worry about going heavy at all on the leg curl, we just did heavy deads so just focus on getting a nice long stretch and wicked contraction. By the third set fo the drop set, you should be in serious pain. If you're not, you're not trying hard enough!

Leg press 4 sets on 12-15

(nothing special here)

Leg extension - 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 (increasing weight)

---------------------------------

There you go guys, this routine is not for the faint hearted. Since I got back into training this year I train my legs fkn hard, I can barely walk up the stairs to get out and feel nauseous almost every time. But it's paid off. Any questions or comments post them up.

This routine sounds awesome! I like the combination of compound and isolation movements as well as the splitting of quad and hamstring dominant weeks. Will definitely give it a shot. Thanks for sharing!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

thank you

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Great post! I agree with beating your last workout some how for sure.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Exercises to Tone Your Legs

Keep your knees slightly bent, lay the chest on your upper thighs, and let your head fall forward toward the ground. Keep the quads engaged and slowly work to straighten the legs without locking the knees. Hips should stay centered over the feet. Hold for 5-8 slow and deep breaths.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Great workout man.I have lagging quads, so I will definitely try this routine.The week 1 is my favorite,because I like heavy squats,but my quads grow very slow...on the other hand my glutes are exploding...

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

tank you

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Nice workout, really helped me a lot !

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Just another note...I try and beat myself from my last workout every time and I think everyone should aim to do that. Could be 2 more reps, 5lbs more weight...whatever.

You should always aim to improve FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus at least 1 thing on your previous week.
    Last edited by PORTIYATSIA; 03-06-2019 at 02:49 PM.