MEMBER LOGIN

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Post Expor Training Log (Newbie)

I'm new to the M&S forum, but hoping that keeping a log will help keep both motivation an a reference for any improvements. As the title says "newbie" will become apparent from the weights im lifting... I'm back in the gym now for around 5 weeks after well over a year off

Quick Stats:
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 190 lb

I'm following the 4 day max mass workout that Steve Shaw created (below are the 4 day workouts and I've added at the end of each one the last lb weight I did... then going forward I'll obviously just show what i'd done on that certain day!

*N.b. (skipped) I'm skipping because I'm still building into the routine.

Day 1:
    Back and Biceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Deadlift 2 5 (130 lb)
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 8-12 (45 lb)
    Wide Grip Pull Up or Lat Pull Down 3 10-12 (77 lb)
    Barbell Row 3 8-12 (45 lb)
    Seated Cable Row or Machine Row 5 Minutes Burn (66 lb)
    EZ Bar Preacher Curl 3 10-12 (skipped)
    Concentration Curl 3 10-12 (35 lb)
    Seated Dumbbell Curl 5 Minutes Burn (skipped)

Day 2
    Chest and Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Bench Press 3 6-10 (40 lb each db)
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3 8-12 (30 lb each db)
    Chest Dip 3 AMAP*
    Cable Crossover or Pec Dec 3 12-15 (70 lb)
    Machine Press or Dumbbell Bench Press 5 Minutes Burn (skipped)
    EZ Bar Skullcrusher 3 8-12 (45 lb)
    Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension 3 8-12 (40 lb)
    Cable Tricep Extension 5 Minutes Burn (60 lb)

Day 3
    Rest

Day 4
    Quads, Hamstrings and Calves
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat 3 6-10 (132 lb)
    Leg Press 3 15-20 (can't recall, possibly around 100 lb)
    Hack Squat or Dumbbell Lunge 3 8-12 (35 lb each db)
    Leg Extension 5 Minutes Burn (can't recall)
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 8-12 (skipped)
    Leg Curl 5 Minutes Burn (can't recall)
    Standing Calf Raise 3 10-15 (45lb bar)
    Seated Calf Raise 5 Minutes Burn (skipped)

Day 5
    Shoulders, Traps and Forearms
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Seated Barbell Press 3 6-10 (90 lb smith)
    Seated Arnold Press 3 8-12 (30 lb db)
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 10-15 (25 lb each db)
    Hammer Strength Press or Smith Press 5 Minutes Burn (skipped)
    Upright Row 3 8-12 (44lb bar)
    Barbell Shrug or Dumbbell Shrug 5 Minutes Burn (50 lb each db - 100lb total)
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curl 3 12-15 (50 lb bar)
    Barbell Static Hold 5 Minutes Burn (90 lb)

Day 6
    Rest

Day 7
    Rest

I plan to do Abs on some of the rest days and on train days when I can!

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Welcome to M&S!

Good luck with your routine, make sure your diet is big enough to accommodate some growth!

Subb'd

-Evo
    Andy
    Current Goal185lbs, 9% BF
    Currently:189lbs, 16%BF, In a rut.
    Supps: ON Creatine Mono, ON Whey, Solaray Men's Golden Multi

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Looking at your routine and realising that my calorie intake probably is far too low (only set a goal of 3k) and im often finding it hard to hit that, I guess my diet will make or break me! I'm also now considering doing cardio on my off days, I was worried it would tire me for my train days though

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by expor View Post
    Looking at your routine and realising that my calorie intake probably is far too low (only set a goal of 3k) and im often finding it hard to hit that, I guess my diet will make or break me! I'm also now considering doing cardio on my off days, I was worried it would tire me for my train days though
    I had the exact same surprise when I started. Began logging what I was eating and realized I wasn't eating enough for my BMR, let alone to build muscle, so it didn't shock me that I had always stored a lot of BF, and was never able to put on muscle.

If you're looking to build some muscle, I'd say make cardio extra if you have the energy - it never hurts. Once you want to cut, that's when you need to turn on the cardio (in my experience so far that is) I'm sure others will chime in.

Good luck man!
    Andy

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Back and Biceps
    Deadlift 3 x 8 (155 lb)
    One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 x 12 (45 lb)
    Wide Grip Pull Up or Lat Pull Down 3 x 10 (90 lb)
    Barbell Row 3 x 12 (45 lb)
    Seated Cable Row or Machine Row 3 x 10 (90 lb)
    EZ Bar Preacher Curl 3 x 10 (65 lb)
    Concentration Curl 3 x 10 (30 lb)
    Seated Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8 (30 lb)

I realised after that the deadlift in this routine is meant to be 2 sets of 5 and not 3 sets of 8, so really felt it for the rest of my routine, meaning had to push through the burn more than normal!

At the moment I feel i'd like to increase my concentration and seated curls the most as these seem like a low weight.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

I should have done this yesterday, but saw some friends not seen in a while and was too hungover / tired so put it off until today. (will still be doing all 4 days workouts this week still though). Note to self.... drinking = bad when training!

Chest and Triceps
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Bench Press 3x12 (40 lb each db)
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 3x10 (30 lb each db)
    Chest Dip 3 AMAP* (10,8,8)
    Cable Crossover or Pec Dec 3x10 (70 lb)
    Machine Press or Dumbbell Bench Press 5 Minutes Burn (skipped)
    EZ Bar Skullcrusher 3x10 (45 lb)
    Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension 3x10 (40 lb)
    Cable Tricep Extension 5 Minutes Burn (55 lb only managed 3 sets of around 8)

I managed to pull a muscle (or something) around my shoulder blade area I think on the dips I must have some how lost form, but not sure how on dips?!? made it pretty painful for doing the rest of the exercises but kept form on everything else. Hoping to push weight up throughout next week, as have been doing these weights for a couple of weeks now. I can push for more on bench pressed, but don't want to wear body out for the rest of the routine until I feel comfortable throughout.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Haha..I've learned that drinking is bad too.. but you need to balance fun in with the work.

Sucks to hear about the pulled muscle FWIW... when I do dips, i try to focus on keeping my elbows from flaring out too much, and keeping the stress of the exercise on the muscles, not on my joints and ligaments.. you can kinda feel what I mean if you let your elbows flare on purpose for a rep.

Rest up and pump up!
    Andy

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely watch out for that next week, was meant to be leg day today but because of the muscle pain I thought it best to 100% rest and push on tomorrow. Feeling fine now, so hoping tomorrow won't be an issue, going to focus a lot more on my squat posture tomorrow, been watching vids and really not been going low enough (leg days always kill me!)

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Not a great leg day, gym was crazy busy and never managed to get onto squats or stiff dead lift, as you can see skipped 3 exercises, part of me didn't want to push too heavily on the squat or dead lift due to having severe DOMS for 5+ days when I first started doing it and the other part of me was put off because of equipment always being used / unavailable... not much of an excuse but at long as I'm doing a good amount in legs I'm happy, hoping to go at quieter time next week to fit in squats and dead lift.

Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat 3 6-10 (skipped)
    Leg Press 3x12 (110lb)
    Hack Squat or Dumbbell Lunge 3x12 (35 lb each db) <-- this is the only exercise I don't enjoy on leg days!
    Leg Extension 3x12 (100lb)
    Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 8-12 (skipped)
    Leg Curl 3x12 (100lb)
    Standing Calf Raise 3x12 (45lb bar)
    Seated Calf Raise 5 Minutes Burn (skipped - no machine)

Can anyone suggest an alternative to seated calf raise without a machine?

Overall I was happy with my form even if I didn't get everything in, hoping the building up of muscle on other exercises will make squats "easier" or less DOMS when I can push back into it.

This week has felt a little harder due to my schedule being messed up because of hangover on Mon and pulled muscle on triceps day! (excuses excuses:P)

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Still feel like I'm hardly shifting any weight, but I'm only around 6 weeks back into training so can't expect miracles!

Exercise Sets Reps
    Seated Barbell Press 3x10 (60lb)
    Seated Arnold Press 8,6,6,5 (30 lb db)
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 8,6,5,4 (17 lb each db) <-- really felt weak on this
    Hammer Strength Press or Smith Press 5 Minutes Burn (45lb + bar) <-- don't know what bar weighs, don't *think* it's olympic
    Upright Row 3x10 (26lb each db - 52lb total)
    Barbell Shrug or Dumbbell Shrug 5 Minutes Burn (48 lb each db - 96lb total) I did 3 x 16 of these
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curl (45lb x 10, 38lb x 10, 38lb x 10)
    Barbell Static Hold 5 Minutes Burn (45lb db - 90lb total) <-- only managed 2 lots of 45 second holds, body was drained

I'm fairly happy with the routine, I think I could push for heavier, but trying to keep form at the moment and don't want to push too quickly as it's frustrating as hell when injury puts you out of action.

Finding i'm struggling to hit over 3k calories daily of clean food, sure I can stick sugar and crap in and easy hit it, but at the moment I don't want to put crazy weight on yet (2 week Holiday in Florida in about 3 weeks time) so want to watch my body fat a little. It's going to be frustrating with a 2 week out of gym period, but I'll just have to work extra hard when I return!

Going to try and push my weight for back/biceps day on Sunday up 10-15% need to start pushing now...
    Last edited by expor; 02-15-2013 at 01:42 PM.

• Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Finding i'm struggling to hit over 3k calories daily of clean food, sure I can stick sugar and crap in and easy hit it, but at the moment I don't want to put crazy weight on yet (2 week Holiday in Florida in about 3 weeks time) so want to watch my body fat a little.
    I hear ya on that! Being new to this, the hardest part is finding 2500+ clean calories a day. I used to think cutting calories was a pain, but now i realize how hard it can be to add them!

Keep it up.
    subbed

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Subbed! Looks like we are doing the same 4-day plan. Started around the same time too! I'm with you man, the calories are hard to hit clean. But keep it up, you're doing awesome.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
    -Muhammad Ali

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Pr1de View Post
    Subbed! Looks like we are doing the same 4-day plan. Started around the same time too! I'm with you man, the calories are hard to hit clean. But keep it up, you're doing awesome.
    Thanks, appreciate feedback, thinking of throwing in 2-3 ab day workouts on top as it won't interfere with the workout, tempted to hit gym for a 5th day a week but focus more on low resistance training and or just cardio. I don't want to add much more heavy muscle training, my body feels like it needs the rest

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMac View Post
    I hear ya on that! Being new to this, the hardest part is finding 2500+ clean calories a day. I used to think cutting calories was a pain, but now i realize how hard it can be to add them!

Keep it up.
    subbed
    I'm slowly getting better at it (hitting calorie goals), I bought some instant oats which combined with protein shake means I hit 530 quick calories (the instant oats makes the shake slightly less enjoyable though)

Rest day tomorrow, busy week at work and gym makes me want to sleep all day!

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Thanks, appreciate feedback, thinking of throwing in 2-3 ab day workouts on top as it won't interfere with the workout, tempted to hit gym for a 5th day a week but focus more on low resistance training and or just cardio. I don't want to add much more heavy muscle training, my body feels like it needs the rest
    Yeah, I don't know if you had a chance to look at my log but that is similar to what I am doing. I am considering working abs daily, but breaking it down to upper abs one day, lower the next, then obliques. I'm also using a fifth day as a sort of maintenance day, to touch up on any muscle group I think needs extra work. As of right now, everything is going well, I'm in love with this program.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
    -Muhammad Ali

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Been watching a fair few videos today to ensure my form is correct for all my workouts, noticing some I'm poor on which will most likely mean I need to drop the weight to improve on form, but other exercises may mean I can raise the weight with a better form. Lets see the results tomorrow

Had a bit of a cheat day today, (was a rest day) and went out with GF, so probably hit 4k calories, which is high for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Pr1de View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if you had a chance to look at my log but that is similar to what I am doing. I am considering working abs daily, but breaking it down to upper abs one day, lower the next, then obliques. I'm also using a fifth day as a sort of maintenance day, to touch up on any muscle group I think needs extra work. As of right now, everything is going well, I'm in love with this program.
    Yeah, its one of the reasons I was considering pushing more into abs and doing a more focused cardio day, been thinking about it for a while but seeing as you're doing same routine and able to hit more cardio then I guess I can work to it eventually too.

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Yeah, since I am doing 5 days a week instead of the 4, I have one day that I do some cardio and touch up on everything. Of course, I do some cardio daily just for warm up, that's usually 7-10 mins just to get my heart rate up. So far it's been working good. I think Monday I'm going to post up some measurements and may start recording them biweekly, just to keep track.
    -Muhammad Ali

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Nice work bud.

Nuts are a way to increase those cals using good fats.

Peanut butter .nom nom nom
    Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow. Repeat

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Firstly, went in with a good attitude, did a quick 5 mins jog on treadmill to warm up, which got me going (normally I don't do this)

Deadlift
    5 x 88 lb warmup
    5 x 155 lb
    5 x 175 lb (felt I was losing grip on last one)
    I feel my form was better going into this, felt more confident on it

One Arm Dumbbell Row
    10 x 45 lb
    10 x 45 lb
    10 x 45 lb
    I pushed all 3 sets slowly ensuring to keep form and get the most out of this before pushing up weight next week

Wide Grip Pull Up or Lat Pull Down
    10 x 100 lb
    10 x 100 lb
    9 x 100 lb (could feel my form going toward the end)
    Again concentrating more on form

Barbell Row
    10 x 45 lb
    10 x 45 lb
    10 x 45 lb
    Felt easy again keeping form, (using the 20kg / 45lb barbells (pre set weights on these) Next week will go for olympic bar and try for 55 - 65 lb)

Seated Cable Row or Machine Row
    8 x 70 lb
    8 x 70 lb
    8 x 70 lb
    This is meant to be a 5 minute burn, but at the moment going for the weight (rightly or wrongly) once happy will be pushing for a 5 min burn, form was going on the last couple on 3rd set.

Concentration Curl
    8 x 26 lb
    7 x 26 lb
    6 x 26 lb
    This is where things really went down hill fast... roughly the same weights as above for both arms. Last week I was doing 14kg (30 lb) but not doing it correctly, I was not lowering my arms down to 180 degree angle but instead only to a 90 degree angle.. after watching videos and realising my mistake went for it again for 14 kg and literally couldn't do it, dropped to 12 kg and it was a struggle, really disheartening considering I was hoping to push for more weight on the conc curls

Seated Dumbbell Curl 5 Minutes Burn
    8 x 26 lb
    8 x 26 lb
    7 x 26 lb
    Again this was meant to be a 5 minute burn, but by this point I was frustrated and wanted to keep weight up or at least as high as possible... weights and reps were same for both arms

EZ Bar Preacher Curl
    8 x 55 lb
    8 x 55 lb
    6 x 55 lb

For the last 3 exercises my energy level really showed, i.e. was very low (unsure if the initial exercises now being performed with better form and pushing for more burn meant I'd burnt out of energy and couldn't put my all in or if it was that and a combination of going for better form on the concentrated curls.....

I walked out to changing rooms feeling defeated knowing that what I was doing was good (good form = less chance of injury!) but still lower weights making me feel like I was back tracking on progress, and the whole ego thing of looking at my weights. I certainly wasn't in the mood for some kid next to me in the changing room doing some shadow boxing!

Hoping to kill it tomorrow, gonna make sure I top up on plenty of energy food to give it my all.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

Good work.Form and progression,and you'll pass up those gym idiots in no time.

Butter & olive oil if you cook,coconut oil in milk and protein shakes. Easy calories! Sour cream,cheese,all sorts of ways.
    ANTI FAILURE

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Chest and Triceps

Bench Press (I did dumbbell bench press)
    5 x 35lb warmup, 10 x 40 lb, 10 x 40 lb, 10 x 40 lb
    These figures are dumbbells (so weight I used per arm), I feel I can push up to 45 lb per arm next week.

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    10 x 30 lb, 10 x 30 lb, 10 x 30 lb
    I feel I could have gone heavier in both the bench and incline, but atm focusing on form and ensuring I can complete my entire routine without tiring, I'll probably up it next week.

Chest Dip
    3 sets of 10 x (with 40kg assisted)
    This is still my weakest element to chest/tri day, any thoughts on improving my dip strength would be appreciated (I can do this on other days or even rest days at home if people have ideas)

Cable Crossover or Pec Dec
    10 x 70 lb, 10 x 70, 10 x 80 lb
    I feel I can push this more now, probably starting with 80 next week, and perhaps going for 90, I'm happy with form.

Machine Press or Dumbbell Bench Press 5 Minutes Burn
    10 x 35 lb, 10 x 35 lb
    I just did 2 sets here with lower weight, because I skipped it last week I didn't want to wreck myself for last 3 exercises

EZ Bar Skullcrusher
    10 x 45 lb, 10 x 45 lb, 9 x 45 lb
    The usual 45 lb / 20kg bar, at the moment I feel to complete all 3 sets 20kg is enough at this point, as its towards end of routine, and body feeling the burn! Also I'm actually using a barbell on this, so next week going to try and do at least the same weight but on an ez bar (didn't this week as it was in use again)

Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension
    10 x 40 lb, 10 x 40 lb, 10 x 40 lb
    Again no improvement on weight on this exercise, I feel I could technically go up to say 45 lb next week

Cable Tricep Extension
    10 x 40 lb, 8 x 40 lb
    Triceps were blown out, couldn't push them any more, and if I'm fatiguing at 40lb on this I felt I'd done enough.

Summary
    While there is little to no improvement weight wise from last week, I'm very happy with form and feel I can push for more next week, (I probably could have this week) but compared to yesterday, much better day

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Great work man, the important thing is consistency. As long as you are feeling it, it's working. Keep it up!

Btw,

I struggle with the Chest Dips too, I think on my Chest/Tri's day I'll try to start with those, see how that goes. I'll be sure to let you know.
    -Muhammad Ali

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Date: 20th Feb 2013
    Duration: 50 minutes
    3 minutes jog quick warm up

Squat
    skipped... was rammed this morning, and couldn't seem to get on this, I need to find a way to ensure I always hit squats!

Leg Press
    10 x warmup 60lb
    12 x 100 lb, 12 x 115 lb, 12 x 115 lb

Hack Squat or Dumbbell Lunge
    3 sets of 16 (technically 8 per leg) with 35 lb each db
    Man I hate this exercise, I don't know why but I get no enjoyment out of it, and 8 even felt a push!

Leg Extension
    10 x 60 lb warmup
    12 x 100 lb, 12 x 100 lb, 12 x 100 lb
    Felt good,

Stiff Leg Deadlift
    8 x 110 lb, 8 x 110 lb, 8 x 110 lb
    I know I could have gone higher, but as i've not done this exercise much wanting to build up on it slowly to ensure I'm happy with form etc.

Leg Curl
    10 x warmup 60 lb
    12 x 100 lb, 12 x 100 lb, 12 x 100 lb
    Felt good, felt the burn and was really happy with the energy / power I had to perform this exercise

Standing Calf Raise
    I skipped because I was unable to find a stepper to do this routine on, and could already feel my legs were really fatigued

Seated Calf Raise
    Skipped, don't seem to have anything in gym to perform this on, any ideas on alternatives?

Summary
    So I expected legs to be my worst day, but felt good overall, I need to sort my squats out there are several weeks where I don't fit them in because the racks are just too busy, and I don't want to wait around, plus it's my first exercise so not ideal if I go any do something else / losing energy etc (excuses excuses)... Overall no improvement to last week in regards to upping weight, I am focusing more on form now so that might be why the weight isn't increasing, but I do feel for next week I can push it up.

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Date: 21st Feb 2013
    Duration: 60 minutes

Seated Barbell Press (I did dumbells instead)
    30 lb x 10 warmup, 35 lb x 10, 35 lb x 10, 35 lb x 10 (weights per dumbbell)
    The 16kg / 35lb dumbbells felt right, good form.

Seated Arnold Press
    30 lb x 10, 30 lb x 8, 30 lb x 7
    Was struggling to finish these off, I find them fairly hard straight after the above routine, plus the fact of them being arnold presses makes them more taxing!

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
    20lb x 8, 20 lb x 7, 20 lb x 6
    Man I hate these, but I guess eventually will get better, ideally I should drop the weight even more... but my ego wont let me

Upright Row
    60 lb x 10,60 lb x 10,60 lb x 10
    Felt good, form was good, last one in each set was starting to see fatigue.

Hammer Strength Press or Smith Press
    20kg + bar x 10,20kg + bar x 10,20kg + bar x 10,
    I wanted to up the weight, but frankly to finish all 3 sets I'd struggle with more than the weight above atm, hoping I can up it by 5-10kg next week

Barbell Shrug or Dumbbell Shrug
    57 lb x 10, 57 lb x 10, 57 lb x 10 (weight is per dumbbell)
    This is easy to up the weight, but I want to be careful that I don't go too heavy and cause injury.

Seated Barbell Wrist Curl
    45 lb bar x 10,45 lb bar x 10, 45 lb bar x 10

Barbell Static Hold
    skipped

Summary:
    Overall pretty happy, can see my weights are slowly going up on this routine (very slowly, but better than nothing:P), I felt a bit of a pain on the seated barbell press (I used dumbells) It didn't cause much pain but was around my collar bone, just a bit of a twinge, most likely I hadn't warmed up quite enough and or not stretched...

Gym was really quiet today, so was great for jumping on smith machine and not having to wait etc, plus it's generally nice to be quiet. Next two days are rest days, but planning on playing some squash tomorrow (my favorite form of cardio!)

Generally finding I'm pretty shattered last couple of weeks, thinking it's combination of pushing more at gym along with busy with work... hopefully it slowly starts to give me more energy, sucks finishing each day at work and wanting to just sleep!

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Date: 24th Feb 2013
    Back and Biceps
    Duration: 60 minutes

Deadlift
    Annoyingly had to skip, left it too late in the day and the bar room was rammed (I could have waited, but wanted to crack on)

One Arm Dumbbell Row
    10 x 40 lb warmup
    10 x 45 lb, 10 x 45 lb, 10 x 45 lb
    Again pushed the reps slowly, I could have easily gone up another 5 lb or more, but not pushing it... yet

Wide Grip Pull Up or Lat Pull Down
    10 x 100 lb, 10 x 100 lb, 10 x 100 lb

Barbell Row
    10 x 45 lb, 10 x 45 lb, 10 x 45 lb
    I said I was going to up the weight this week, but I didn't bar room (for olympic bar) was rammed and little chance without waiting a while

Concentration Curl
    10 x 22 lb, 10 x 22 lb, 10 x 22 lb
    Weight is lower than last week, but felt a lot more comfortable with being able to complete these correctly

Seated Dumbbell Curl
    8 x 30 lb
    10 x 26 lb
    10 x 26 lb

Seated Cable Row or Machine Row
    10 x 80 lb, 10 x 80 lb, 10 x 90 lb

EZ Bar Preacher Curl
    10 x 65 lb
    10 x 65 lb
    8 x 65 lb

I threw in some back extensions towards the end seeing as I hadn't done ANY deadlifts this week, nothing much around 100 lb just to keep it active.

Summary
    Frankly today was never going to be amazing, went into the gym not wanting to be there, low motivation to get my ass there, feel like I can't push myself much yet, bit of auto-pilot, hoping this will change! (got a 2 week vacation from 9th March - Florida) that's going to really mess up my diet & training i.e. there will be little to no diet and little to no training, but hoping I will come back from it with a push for hitting it really hard!

Tri and chest day tomorrow, quite like that day!

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Cut Fat
    • Training Log

Good workouts man, I know it sucks when you don't feel motivated... Also, vacations are killers... I had went for 6 months straight, went to vacation, took nearly a 4 month break. Now, here I am starting all over again. Trust me, after vacation just force yourself to hit the gym again. Starting over sucks!
    -Muhammad Ali