MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Default Need Chest/Arms Workout

Hello,
    as the title says i need an arm and a chest workout.I'm 16 years old and i have 12-15% body fat.I can only use a pull-up bar and 2 dumbbells (i can make a bigger one).
    I can tell that my biceps have grown a bit but my triceps not at all!I have been doing tricep extension,diamond push-ups,tricep kickback but nothing!Same applies to my chest as well(have been doing push-ups and flat bench press for some time).
    So can you please advise me a good chest and a good arms workout with just dummbells-pull up bar?I currently dont go to gym nor have any other equipment.
    Thanks in advance

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by iTouchedTheNet View Post
    Hello,
    as the title says i need an arm and a chest workout.I'm 16 years old and i have 12-15% body fat.I can only use a pull-up bar and 2 dumbbells (i can make a bigger one).
    I can tell that my biceps have grown a bit but my triceps not at all!I have been doing tricep extension,diamond push-ups,tricep kickback but nothing!Same applies to my chest as well(have been doing push-ups and flat bench press for some time).
    So can you please advise me a good chest and a good arms workout with just dummbells-pull up bar?I currently dont go to gym nor have any other equipment.
    Thanks in advance
    Hi, your body will adapt to whatever you give it to do, but to increase muscle size you have to provide a constant overload to the muscle or you wont see any gains, which means you will have to use heavier weights when your body has adapted to the weight you give it at present. Dont neglect any of the other body parts and make sure the diet you give the body will be sufficient to increase muscle
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Hi, your body will adapt to whatever you give it to do, but to increase muscle size you have to provide a constant overload to the muscle or you wont see any gains, which means you will have to use heavier weights when your body has adapted to the weight you give it at present. Dont neglect any of the other body parts and make sure the diet you give the body will be sufficient to increase muscle
    Thanks for the response!In what rep range should i stick on?
    I cant say im using too muchs reps because example at tricep kickback im doing 3x6 reps for each arm.
    And my bicep(where im using like 15 reps per set)has grown more than my tricep

Banned
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This is partly true. But there are other methods as opposed to more weight. Shorter rest periods, fuller range of motion and slower tempo are just 3 other ways.

Work with what you have. Lack of equipment just makes things more of a challenge. That's good. A back pack loaded with books can be added to press ups. Obtaain an empty beer keg or those large bottles used for water coolers and try goblet squats. Anything can be used as a weight. Your muscles won't realise or care if it is a 10Kg dumbbell or a 10Kg log.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hi,
    You can find many chest workout on the internet. But If you really don't want to go to the gym, then you can do Tricep Dips at home without any equipment.

Search for how to do Tricep Dips or visit strengthbuzz.com