MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

Default Newbie needing advice!!

I'm completely new. The most excerise I get is at work and the walking I do first thing in the morning after dropping my son off at school. I want to lose fat but also tone up. I am currently 188 ( give or take) and 5'3. My BMI is wayyy over what it should be. My parents are weight trainers and have given me advice on meal planning, supplements etc. But, I'm not a big fan of some of the food they say to eat. What is the best workout plan, supplements and meal plan for me? Right now I'm not in a gym. More what I do at work and backyard excerise. I do have plans to join Gold's. Thanks so much!!

Banned
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Quote Originally Posted by rcvsdavs11 View Post
    I'm completely new. The most excerise I get is at work and the walking I do first thing in the morning after dropping my son off at school. I want to lose fat but also tone up. I am currently 188 ( give or take) and 5'3. My BMI is wayyy over what it should be. My parents are weight trainers and have given me advice on meal planning, supplements etc. But, I'm not a big fan of some of the food they say to eat. What is the best workout plan, supplements and meal plan for me? Right now I'm not in a gym. More what I do at work and backyard excerise. I do have plans to join Gold's. Thanks so much!!
    Hi,

Nothing is impossible if you dare. You can definitely reduce your weight. It needs a planned and balanced diet. Could you please tell me what are you eating these days so I can give you more detailed advice regarding this?

Thanks,
    Angel

• Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Calories Are What Matters The Most In A Nutrition Plan
    Whether you want to get toned, lose fat or maintain your weight, nutrition will play a big role during this process! Your nutrition is what fuels your body with food, which is measured in calories.
    You caloric consumption will determine what kind of body you will obtain:

Get Toned: Toning your muscles means; building lean muscle mass progressively without getting too much fat. In order to do so, you will have to eat more calories than you burn, often called: caloric surplus. If you increase your calories too quickly, your body will store fat. This why it's important to do it progressively, so you can track your progress and avoid looking bulky.
    Maintain Weight: This is when you burn as many calories as you consume, often called: calorie maintenance. Knowing the caloric intake you need in order to maintain your weight is the starting point. From there, you can determine how you would have to eat in order to tone your body or lose fat. Use this calorie calculator!
    Lose Fat: If you want to lose fat, you will have to burn more calories than you consume, often called: caloric deficit. It's when your body uses fat stores for energy, which leads to weight loss. Be aware, the body can also use muscle tissue; which is bad. This is why you must lose fat progressively, if you're doing it too quickly you will kill your health and most certainly give up.