MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default How can I gain weight

Hi,
    I am in my early fifties, black male and have always been lean or have a body that some people refer to as octomorph. I must confess that I am not good at sustaining recommended exercise but I am now determined to change that. I eat averagely twice or thrice a day. I am 6' 1" and weigh 77kg. How can I safely add another 8kg to have a body weight of 85Kg. My arms are long and very slender and my neck is too thin for my liking. I can hardly get a perfect fit long sleeve shirt as either the neck is ok and the arm is short or the neck is too big and the arm is ok. Of late, I have been eating anything with the slightest hint of helping me add weight. It has drained my self-confidence as I look starved. I think I may have the tendency to be too active or agile for my age so I have become laid back. I would appreciate any help to help gain those few pounds that would balance out my appearance.
    thank you

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Hello Candid: First, you are doing the right thing. Your asking a good question. Second, you are working on becoming more consistent in exercising, (hit the weights my friend). The third thing you need to do is get your diet in order. To build muscle you must eat and eat the right things. Protein is your friend. Good fats are a must, good carbs give you energy. Do some research, there is lots of good advice on this web page. It has worked for me. I am different from you, I have always been a big guy. I needed to lean it out. I lost the fat and built more muscle than I thought possible. I am fifty and pass for thirty. I am the fittest fire fighter in my brigade and stronger than I have ever been. You can do it to.
    Bees make honey inside the dead body of the hostile lion.
    ~The Story of Samson, Judges XIV

Coming Up The Ranks killiansred's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Candid View Post
    Hi,
    I am in my early fifties, black male and have always been lean or have a body that some people refer to as octomorph. I must confess that I am not good at sustaining recommended exercise but I am now determined to change that. I eat averagely twice or thrice a day. I am 6' 1" and weigh 77kg. How can I safely add another 8kg to have a body weight of 85Kg. My arms are long and very slender and my neck is too thin for my liking. I can hardly get a perfect fit long sleeve shirt as either the neck is ok and the arm is short or the neck is too big and the arm is ok. Of late, I have been eating anything with the slightest hint of helping me add weight. It has drained my self-confidence as I look starved. I think I may have the tendency to be too active or agile for my age so I have become laid back. I would appreciate any help to help gain those few pounds that would balance out my appearance.
    thank you
    Man I wish I had your problem. The easiest and cheapest way to gain weight is drinking whole. My son wrestles and keeping him in his weight class gets tough with how intense the workouts are. So when he starts losing to much we up the milk intake and almost instantly the weight comes back. I wouldn't recommend a gallon a day but adding a few big glasses a day adds a lot of calories. I would still focus on eating your 3 good meals a days with lots of protein and veggies. Good luck.
    "YEP"

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

As hard as it may seem, the end results with being more consistent with your meals and workouts will have a huge impact on your goals. As far as gaining the weight, you don't have to exclusively eat high-fat foods to gain. What works for me when I want to add weight is eating high calorie dense foods like Quinoa, peanut butter, avocados, nuts, olive oils, bananas, mangoes, granola, whole grain bread. With each meal make sure you're getting a large portion of lean protein as well.
    There's no other way around it, eating more and staying consistent with your workouts will help you get to where you want to be.
    All the best!
    Team All American EFX Media Representative
    Nationally Qualified NPC Body Builder

http://www.aaefx.com/
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: #allamericanefx
    Instagram: @aaefx
    Favorite AAEFX Supplements: Karbolyn, Freak Maker SHOCK, Kre-Alkalyn, and NF-Pro Whey Protein.

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
    All American EFX as they are my own*