MEMBER LOGIN

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Default Upcoming holiday: how to tackle next few months?

With summer coming, and specifically a vacation to Miami a little over 4 weeks away, I'm at a bit of a 'short-term crossroads' as to what I should do to improve my physique, and have a good base for summer.

Let me start off by saying, without question, my long term goals are: I want and need to bulk. Maybe it's my body dysmorphia, but I do not feel like I have not filled out my frame enough, even at 190 lbs @ 6'2. This would probably my my goal weight, maybe 185, but with a different composition.

With summer/vacation approaching, I'm wondering if it's worth doing a mini cut, for about 4-8 weeks, to highlight some definition (ie more abdominal definition, but not necessarily a full 6 pack, cut down on love handles to create a more tapered V, show more shoulder/deltoid definition I see guys who weigh 162 at my height having, etc).

I've added some photos in different lighting, so you get the idea. I carry a lot of my weight in my butt and legs. Note that in some of these I'm flexing my stomach to hide the "softness" I feel i see.

Again, I'd appreciate more a response than "bulk" or whatever. I know I need to bulk. It's just a matter of whether or not you guys think I could benefit, giving the muscle mass - or lack there of - I have to create a more lean/aesthetic base that I could lead into a bulk once July hits.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (2).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	22084   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (3).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	22085   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (4).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	22086   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (5).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	22087   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender (6).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	22088  

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

You could cut down, but even a short cut may not be enough to get you to your desired leanness. You are already pretty darn lean, and even if you go on a mini vacation your arms and all visible parts will be exposed are lean to you. Its really a coin flip on what you feel is best.
    Team ScoobyPrep

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    You could cut down, but even a short cut may not be enough to get you to your desired leanness. You are already pretty darn lean, and even if you go on a mini vacation your arms and all visible parts will be exposed are lean to you. Its really a coin flip on what you feel is best.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I have a skewed view of myself, but also these photos don't really show the "fullness" of my midsection I feel I have. I.e. Love handles, not very flat , etc.

I wonder if it's worth doing the cut now, with my trip as an excuse, but also to really get a good ~12% base to start bulking from. But I worry that I don't have enough "hiding" muscle mass to not look weak and not even defined or whatever. I wonder what your thoughts are? I mean, I'm 6'2 and 190lbs. Which means all this mass should be somewhere right? I have bigger legs and butt, but I wonder how my upper body would look if I tried to cut for a few weeks. I'm just concerned I will look like I did years -- yes years -- ago before lifting. But That's a different story...

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

You can't spot reduce. if you try and cut it wont all come off your upperbody. So no thats not going to work.

It looks like you have a troubled past of body image issues. Continual cutting and bulking cycles may just lead you to keep spinning your wheels and not making much progress. Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best.
    Last edited by LayzieBone085; 04-13-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    Team ScoobyPrep