MEMBER LOGIN

Thread: Need help

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Need help

Hi there my name is James, I am about 5,7 to 5,6 feet tall and weight 127 pounds. I am also 14 years old

I am looking to improve my all around muscle strength but manly on my abominable muscles and biceps.

I already have a pretty flat stomach and chest but it is still covered in a layer of fat.

Right now I am starting to run everyday and swim and play soccer is that enough?

The main problem for me is that I can't even do 1 push up.

Any tips, workouts,Youtube videos,Diets I should I be on? All input is much appreciated. Should I stick to doing cardio? I have access to a gym but should I weightlifting there?

I am just a little lost?

• Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Go to the workout section and choose any beginner workout. Do it for a year, eat well and you'll see results.
    "In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Good Will." - Winston Churchill

A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSaysROFL View Post
    Go to the workout section and choose any beginner workout. Do it for a year, eat well and you'll see results.
    So I should use weights

Frequent Poster
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Training Log

The running, swimming and soccer are great. Keep it up! But it would be good to include a beginners weight routine as well. Start light and build up gradually. Body weight exercises are excellent (Push Up, Pull Up and Dips). If you can't do even 1 push up try doing it with your knees resting on the ground. Once you are able to do 10 of these progress to a full push up, even if you are only able to 1 or 2 you can build up slowly to 10 or 15. The same applies to Pull ups and Dips.

Coming Up The Ranks caitlinstephen's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      4-5 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Polishking View Post
    Hi there my name is James, I am about 5,7 to 5,6 feet tall and weight 127 pounds. I am also 14 years old

I am looking to improve my all around muscle strength but manly on my abominable muscles and biceps.

I already have a pretty flat stomach and chest but it is still covered in a layer of fat.

Right now I am starting to run everyday and swim and play soccer is that enough?

The main problem for me is that I can't even do 1 push up.

Any tips, workouts,Youtube videos,Diets I should I be on? All input is much appreciated. Should I stick to doing cardio? I have access to a gym but should I weightlifting there?

I am just a little lost?
    *advertising link deleted*
    Last edited by Doug; 09-13-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: advertising link deleted