MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default should I add to this workout?

I am 13, almost 14 in a couple months. I have been going to the gym for the past couple months and I know many of the exercises( not squat, deadlift, bench press.) I found this article from this website : muscleandstrength. com/expert-guides/teen

And I decided to start to do the Pre-Stage 4 Workout. I was wondering if I should add Bicep Curls, Hamstring Curls, and maybe Russian Twists to the workout. It does body weight squats which target the quads but not the hamstrings so to keep it even I wanted to add Hamstring Curls. The Bicep curls I wanted to add to get some more bicep strength. Russian twists to help the side of the abs. Should I add these to the pre-existing Pre-Stage 4 workout, or keep it how it is? Thanks!

Any questions ask me
    Last edited by lazyboi; 08-20-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I might post this in the general muscle building section because it's more active there

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hey,do not add anything to your existing workout right now because in a few weeks you can use these exercises to shock your muscles.This is my advice because,from experience,I think it's better to stick to a specific program for awhile(to see how your body reacts to it) and slowly start adding more/different exercises.This way you can follow the "progressive overload" principle,which basically means pushing yourself more and more every few workouts by increasing weight/#reps or sets/or in your case adding 1-2 more exercises. You're only 13,focus on perfecting your form instead of trying to do too much from the very start. Hope this helped you,and feel free to leave your questions .