MEMBER LOGIN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Dont slave yourself to X or Y Rep ranges, Use them all. Lower and higher reps. You want to activate both Type I and Type II muscle fibers.
    Just been doing what I feel like when I am in the gym, listening to my body for once lol and not slaving to a rep set like you said.
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  2. #27
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    W3 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Flat BB Bench
    135 x 10
    185 x 8
    185 x 8
    185 x 7
    185 x 6
    185 x 6

    Incline BB Bench
    135 x 8
    135 x 6
    135 x 6
    135 x 6
    135 x 6

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 12
    27.5 x 12
    27.5 x 12

    Single Arm Pec Dec
    70 x 10
    100 x 10
    115 x 10

    DB Bicep Curl
    35 x 10
    35 x 10
    35 x 10

    Single Arm Preacher Machine
    40 x 6
    30 x 8
    30 x 8

    Numbers are going up.... pump was AWESOME!
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  3. #28
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W2 D2 Legs

    Leg Press
    315 x 8
    315 x 8
    315 x 8
    315 x 8

    Seated Calves Raises
    50 x 20
    50 x 20
    50 x 20
    25 x 15 (Single Leg)

    Leg Extension
    70 x 15
    85 x 15
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    40 x 8 (Single Leg)
    40 x 8 (Single Leg)

    Leg Curls
    85 x 15
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 10

    Leg Raises (Abs)
    15 ss BW Pullups 10
    15 ss BW Pullups 10
    15 ss BW Pullups 10

    W3 D2 Legs

    Leg Press
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10

    Leg Extensions
    85 x 12
    100 x 12
    115 x 10
    130 x 6
    40 x 10 (Single Leg)
    40 x 10 (Single Leg)

    Leg Curls
    100 x 10
    115 x 10
    120 x 10
    125 x 10
    130 x 10

    Calves Raises
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    25 x 12 (Single)
    25 x 12 (Single)
    25 x 12 (Single)
    50 x 12
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  4. #29
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W2 D3 Back

    A little extra volume here, this was super high intensity and was done in about 30 minutes..

    Pullups
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12

    Chest Supported Row
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 12
    145 x 8

    Single Arm Pulldown (Seated Facing to the Side)
    40 x 12
    40 x 12
    40 x 12
    40 x 15

    Cable Rows
    115 x 12
    130 x 10
    115 x 12
    115 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10
    100 x 10

    Single Arm Pulldown (Standing)
    70 x 15
    90 x 15
    100 x 15
    110 x 10
    80 x 15
    80 x 15
    80 x 15
    80 x 15

    Standing Cable Rows
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    W3 D3 Back

    Pullups
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12

    Chest Supported Row
    115 x 15
    130 x 12
    145 x 12
    160 x 10

    Pulldowns
    115 x 12
    130 x 10
    115 x 12
    115 x 12

    Single Pulldown
    80 x 15
    100 x 15
    80 x 15
    80 x 15

    Cable Row
    100 x 12
    115 x 10
    115 x 10
    115 x 10

    Standing Cable Row
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20

    Deadstop DB Row
    70 x 12
    70 x 12
    70 x 12
    70 x 12
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  5. #30
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    Any weekend plans big man?
    Team ScoobyPrep

  6. #31
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Any weekend plans big man?
    Just had some take out with the lady.. Nothing too huge, have to go to a family dinner at a really high end place so I have to break the veganism for a day and enjoy some salmon!

    Yourself?
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  7. #32
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W2 D4 Shoulders & Triceps

    DB Miltary Press
    40 x 20
    45 x 15
    45 x 12
    50 x 10
    50 x 8

    DB Lateral Raises
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    25 x 15
    25 x 15

    Machine Lateral Raises
    60 x 12
    70 x 12
    80 x 12
    (Then did them both arms at the same time)
    60 x 15 drop 40 x 15
    60 x 15 drop 40 x 15
    60 x 15 drop 40 x 15

    Shrugs
    90 x 20
    90 x 20
    90 x 20
    115 x 15

    Single Tricep Extension
    30 x 16
    40 x 8
    35 x 8

    Machine Pushdowns
    60 x 15
    60 x 15
    60 x 15

    I think I need to definitely start lowering my rep range, I think I should try and cap most my exercises at 12 reps and that's even somewhat pushing it.. I feel great though! Always eat your Kale fellas!

    Yesterday's Workout...

    W3 D4 Shoulders & Triceps

    DB Military Press
    45 x 8
    50 x 8
    55 x 8
    60 x 8
    60 x 6

    DB Lateral Raise
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    30 x 10 drop 25 x 6 drop 20 x 6

    Machine Lateral Raise
    60 x 12 (Single Arm at a Time)
    80 x 10 (Single Arm at a Time)
    90 x 10 (Single Arm at a Time)
    100 x 8 (Single Arm at a Time)
    50 x 12
    50 x 12
    50 x 12

    Plate Loaded Shrugs
    90 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15 drop 90 x 15 drop 70 x 20
    The weight for these is the barbell weight on each side plus I think the handle itself weighs another 12lbs but I don't count that lol it would get too confusing.

    Machine Pushdowns (One arm at a Time)
    70 x 12
    80 x 12
    90 x 10

    Single Tricep Extension
    35 x 8
    30 x 8
    30 x 8

    Trying really hard to get a nice rounded shoulder, never was a huge fan of shoulder pressing I like the raises more, feel like they build a better overall shoulder.
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  8. #33
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    Some nice increases there
    Team ScoobyPrep

  9. #34
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W3 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Flat BB Bench
    135 x 10
    185 x 8
    185 x 8
    185 x 7
    185 x 6
    185 x 6

    Incline BB Bench
    135 x 8
    135 x 6
    135 x 6
    135 x 6
    135 x 6

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 12
    27.5 x 12
    27.5 x 12

    Single Arm Pec Dec
    70 x 10
    100 x 10
    115 x 10

    DB Bicep Curl
    35 x 10
    35 x 10
    35 x 10

    Single Arm Preacher Machine
    40 x 6
    30 x 8
    30 x 8

    Numbers are going up.... pump was AWESOME!
    W4 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Flat BB Bench
    135 x 10
    155 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 7 drop 135 x 10

    Incline BB Bench
    140 x 8
    140 x 8
    140 x 8
    140 x 8

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15

    Pec Dec Machine broken lol

    DB Bicep Curl
    40 x 10
    40 x 8
    40 x 6

    Single Arm Preacher Machine
    30 x 10
    30 x 10
    45 x 8
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

    DONE!
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  10. #35
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W3 D2 Legs

    Leg Press
    225 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10
    315 x 10

    Leg Extensions
    85 x 12
    100 x 12
    115 x 10
    130 x 6
    40 x 10 (Single Leg)
    40 x 10 (Single Leg)

    Leg Curls
    100 x 10
    115 x 10
    120 x 10
    125 x 10
    130 x 10

    Calves Raises
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    25 x 12 (Single)
    25 x 12 (Single)
    25 x 12 (Single)
    50 x 12
    W4 D2 Legs
    Yesterdays Workout!
    I would like to say the preworkout made me stronger, but I think it just made me more pumped and awake at 9:30pm

    Leg Press
    225 x 10
    365 x 8
    365 x 8
    365 x 8
    365 x 8

    Seated Calves Raise
    70 x 15
    90 x 10
    90 x 10
    90 x 10

    Leg Extensions
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 10
    145 x 8
    40 x 10 (Single Leg)
    40 x 8 (Single Leg)

    Leg Curls
    105 x 15
    115 x 15
    125 x 15
    135 x 12
    145 x 8

    DONE!
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  11. #36
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    C4 o clock!
    Team ScoobyPrep

  12. #37
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W3 D3 Back

    Pullups
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12

    Chest Supported Row
    115 x 15
    130 x 12
    145 x 12
    160 x 10

    Pulldowns
    115 x 12
    130 x 10
    115 x 12
    115 x 12

    Single Pulldown
    80 x 15
    100 x 15
    80 x 15
    80 x 15

    Cable Row
    100 x 12
    115 x 10
    115 x 10
    115 x 10

    Standing Cable Row
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20
    72.5 x 20

    Deadstop DB Row
    70 x 12
    70 x 12
    70 x 12
    70 x 12
    W4 D3 Back

    Pullups
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 10

    Cable Rows
    130 x 12
    130 x 12
    115 x 12
    115 x 12

    Chest Supported Rows
    145 x 10
    145 x 10
    145 x 10
    145 x 10

    Single Pulldown
    85 x 15
    85 x 15
    90 x 15
    100 x 15

    Standing Cable Row
    77.5 x 20
    77.5 x 20
    87.5 x 20
    92.5 x 20

    Pullups
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  13. #38
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Yesterday's Workout...

    W3 D4 Shoulders & Triceps

    DB Military Press
    45 x 8
    50 x 8
    55 x 8
    60 x 8
    60 x 6

    DB Lateral Raise
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    30 x 10 drop 25 x 6 drop 20 x 6

    Machine Lateral Raise
    60 x 12 (Single Arm at a Time)
    80 x 10 (Single Arm at a Time)
    90 x 10 (Single Arm at a Time)
    100 x 8 (Single Arm at a Time)
    50 x 12
    50 x 12
    50 x 12

    Plate Loaded Shrugs
    90 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15 drop 90 x 15 drop 70 x 20
    The weight for these is the barbell weight on each side plus I think the handle itself weighs another 12lbs but I don't count that lol it would get too confusing.

    Machine Pushdowns (One arm at a Time)
    70 x 12
    80 x 12
    90 x 10

    Single Tricep Extension
    35 x 8
    30 x 8
    30 x 8

    Trying really hard to get a nice rounded shoulder, never was a huge fan of shoulder pressing I like the raises more, feel like they build a better overall shoulder.
    W4 D4 Shoulders & Triceps

    DB Military
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

    DB Lateral Raise
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    25 x 15
    30 x 10 drop 25 x 8 drop 20 x 12

    Machine Lateral Raise
    80 x 15
    90 x 12
    100 x 10 drop 60 x 8 drop 40 x 12

    Single Tricep Extension
    35 x 10
    35 x 10
    35 x 10

    Machine Pushdowns
    80 x 10
    70 x 12
    70 x 12

    Shrugs
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15 drop 90 x 15 drop 70 x 20

    Pullups (BW)
    10 sets of 10
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  14. #39
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    Hows the C4? Loving it?
    Team ScoobyPrep

  15. #40
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Hows the C4? Loving it?
    Yeah its a really nice help while training!
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  16. #41
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    I am thinking of doing 3 sets of 5 and then doing 2 sets of 8-10 as backoff sets for my heavy compounds, so that would be Bench, DB Military, Pullups, DB Rows, Leg Press..

    Thoughts?
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  17. #42
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    Personally
    Stick to a routine for 6-8 weeks before making adjustments.
    Team ScoobyPrep

  18. #43
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W4 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Flat BB Bench
    135 x 10
    155 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 7 drop 135 x 10

    Incline BB Bench
    140 x 8
    140 x 8
    140 x 8
    140 x 8

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15

    Pec Dec Machine broken lol

    DB Bicep Curl
    40 x 10
    40 x 8
    40 x 6

    Single Arm Preacher Machine
    30 x 10
    30 x 10
    45 x 8
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

    DONE!
    W5 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Bench Press
    135 x 10
    165 x 8
    205 x 5
    205 x 5
    205 x 5
    185 x 8
    185 x 5

    Pec Dec (Single Arm)
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 15
    145 x 12

    Incline Bench Press
    155 x 5
    165 x 5
    165 x 5
    135 x 8
    135 x 8

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15 drop 22.5 x 15 drop 17.5 x 15

    DB Bicep Curl
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 8

    Single Arm Preacher Machine
    40 x 10
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

    I wish I was good at DB Flies, but I am absolutely horrible, and my gym is way too packed to do incline cable flies.. Might add in this flat plate loaded bench they have at my gym, or a machine they have.. Also might try out the smith machine for incline, I think that might help me really dial in and target my chest more than the barbell.
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  19. #44
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    Imagine pushing through your palms. Helps a ton with flies.
    Team ScoobyPrep

  20. #45
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W4 D2 Legs
    Yesterdays Workout!
    I would like to say the preworkout made me stronger, but I think it just made me more pumped and awake at 9:30pm

    Leg Press
    225 x 10
    365 x 8
    365 x 8
    365 x 8
    365 x 8

    Seated Calves Raise
    70 x 15
    90 x 10
    90 x 10
    90 x 10

    Leg Extensions
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 10
    145 x 8
    40 x 10 (Single Leg)
    40 x 8 (Single Leg)

    Leg Curls
    105 x 15
    115 x 15
    125 x 15
    135 x 12
    145 x 8

    DONE!
    W5 D2 Legs

    Leg Press
    185 x 10
    365 x 10
    365 x 10
    365 x 10
    365 x 8

    Seated Calves Raise
    50 x 20
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    70 x 15
    90 x 10 drop 70 x 15 drop 50 x 20
    50 x 20

    Leg Curls
    110 x 15
    120 x 15
    130 x 15
    140 x 8

    Single Leg Curls
    40 x 15
    55 x 12
    55 x 12
    55 x 12

    Single Leg Extension
    40 x 15
    40 x 15
    40 x 12
    40 x 8

    Leg Extensions
    100 x 8
    85 x 8
    85 x 8
    85 x 8
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  21. #46
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W4 D3 Back

    Pullups
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW x 10

    Cable Rows
    130 x 12
    130 x 12
    115 x 12
    115 x 12

    Chest Supported Rows
    145 x 10
    145 x 10
    145 x 10
    145 x 10

    Single Pulldown
    85 x 15
    85 x 15
    90 x 15
    100 x 15

    Standing Cable Row
    77.5 x 20
    77.5 x 20
    87.5 x 20
    92.5 x 20

    Pullups
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

    W5 D3 Back

    Pullups
    BW x 10
    +15lbs x 10
    +15lbs x 10
    +15lbs x 8
    BW x 8

    Cable Rows
    115 x 15
    130 x 12
    145 x 10
    130 x 12

    Chest Supported Rows
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 12
    145 x 10

    Pulldowns
    115 x 12
    115 x 12
    100 x 12
    100 x 12

    Standing Cable Rows
    102.5 x 20
    112.5 x 20
    112.5 x 20
    112.5 x 20

    Single Pulldown (Different machine this time and the weights feel totally different)
    37.5 x 15
    47.5 x 15
    42.5 x 15
    42.5 x 15

    Chest Supported Plate Loaded
    45 x 15
    70 x 15
    70 x 12

    Pullups
    BW x 8
    BW x 5
    BW x 5

    I was freakin smoked after this one.. Really just trying to get a huge pump and focus on mind muscle with the back.. Trying to get a big cobra wide back!!
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  22. #47
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W4 D4 Shoulders & Triceps

    DB Military
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

    DB Lateral Raise
    20 x 15
    20 x 15
    25 x 15
    30 x 10 drop 25 x 8 drop 20 x 12

    Machine Lateral Raise
    80 x 15
    90 x 12
    100 x 10 drop 60 x 8 drop 40 x 12

    Single Tricep Extension
    35 x 10
    35 x 10
    35 x 10

    Machine Pushdowns
    80 x 10
    70 x 12
    70 x 12

    Shrugs
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15
    115 x 15 drop 90 x 15 drop 70 x 20

    Pullups (BW)
    10 sets of 10
    W5 D4 Shoulders & Triceps

    Rear Delt Crossover
    115 x 15
    130 x 15
    145 x 12
    145 x 12

    DB Military Press
    45 x 12
    50 x 10
    50 x 10
    55 x 10
    60 x 8
    65 x 6

    DB Lateral Raises
    20 x 15
    25 x 15
    30 x 12 drop 25 x 12 drop 20 x 15
    30 x 10 drop 25 x 10 drop 20 x 10

    Machine Lateral Raises
    80 x 12
    100 x 12
    100 x 12

    Cable Lateral Raises
    7.5 x 15
    12.5 x 12
    12.5 x 12

    Rope Pushdowns
    70 x 10
    70 x 8
    60 x 10

    CGBP
    135 x 8
    155 x 7
    185 x 3 drop 135 x 5

    Scary to think I used to be able to close grip 225 for sets of 3... I think they are a huge reason my bench used to be so strong, also did these after the sets of rope Pushdowns which had me gassed for some reason.. going to start incorporating these for maybe 4 sets of 5 or so and then doing an isolation for triceps after and see how the bench reacts. Also going to be dropping the machine laterals for the cable laterals.. they feel more natural to me.. I feel great not routine hopping around and staying with the same foundation and making tweaks as I feel necessary.
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  23. #48
    Time To Rebound! LayzieBone085's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Dec 2010
    • Posts
      26,996
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Erie, Pennsylvania
    • Reputation
      1,875,321,636
    • Rep Power
      18,753,360

    Default

    Sticking to a routine = More effective, and less wheel spinning.
    Team ScoobyPrep

  24. #49
    Eat. Train. Mate. Sleep. Palmer's Avatar
    • Join Date
      Sep 2010
    • Posts
      5,182
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Albany, NY
    • Reputation
      67,406,898
    • Rep Power
      674,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    W5 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Bench Press
    135 x 10
    165 x 8
    205 x 5
    205 x 5
    205 x 5
    185 x 8
    185 x 5

    Pec Dec (Single Arm)
    100 x 15
    115 x 15
    130 x 15
    145 x 12

    Incline Bench Press
    155 x 5
    165 x 5
    165 x 5
    135 x 8
    135 x 8

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15
    27.5 x 15 drop 22.5 x 15 drop 17.5 x 15

    DB Bicep Curl
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 8

    Single Arm Preacher Machine
    40 x 10
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

    I wish I was good at DB Flies, but I am absolutely horrible, and my gym is way too packed to do incline cable flies.. Might add in this flat plate loaded bench they have at my gym, or a machine they have.. Also might try out the smith machine for incline, I think that might help me really dial in and target my chest more than the barbell.
    W6 D1 Chest & Biceps

    Bench Press
    135 x 5
    165 x 5
    210 x 5
    210 x 5
    210 x 5
    210 x 5
    Felt exceptionally well today on these, going to stick around 3-4 sets of 5

    Pec Dec (Single Arm)
    115 x 15
    130 x 12
    130 x 12
    130 x 12

    Incline Bench
    145 x 8
    145 x 8
    145 x 8
    145 x 8

    Cable Pec Flies
    27.5 x 12
    32.5 x 12
    32.5 x 12
    32.5 x 12

    DB Bicep Curl
    40 x 10
    40 x 8
    40 x 8

    Single Arm Machine Preacher
    40 x 10
    40 x 10
    40 x 10

    What would you guys consider to be a standard "high" volume in terms of like sets per body part training once a week? Like say maybe like 16-24 sets per body part a week? I would start on the lower end and adjust over time to see the way I react to it and can listen to my body.. Not saying I don't feel great, I do, but also want to see what an acceptable range of volume would be..
    "You will do well. The beauty of being your age is that it is difficult to overtrain." -jesseisrael

  25. #50
    Frequent Poster
    • Join Date
      Aug 2009
    • Posts
      645
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Gender
      Male
    • Location
      Massachusetts
    • Training Log
    • Reputation
      367,894,190
    • Rep Power
      3,678,955

    Default

    My training is different than yours, so it'd be hard to say. With volume I'd factor in the reps x sets at least. You could also include intensity and frequency. I do mostly larger compound exercises (multiple muscles get hit in bench and push press) but this phase has some isolation added in.

    If I was looking at my tricep volume, I was doing 4x8 bench press, 3x8 DB incline press, 3x6 standing press, 4x5 push press, 5x5-10 weighted dips, and 4x8 tricep pressdown (split over two days). Triceps were the primary mover in 9 sets but also very involved in another 14 sets. Everything was done at a relatively high intensity, so overall the volume was on the lower side of high.

    In the end, I believe that you need to experiment with your body. I'm finding that I'm seeing a good response from the relatively higher volume and rep ranges I've been hitting lately. The "acceptable range" would just be the range where you are getting good results.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Palmer's Log
    By Palmer in forum Member Training Journals
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 07:25 AM
  2. Palmer's 2011-2012 Log
    By Palmer in forum Member Training Journals
    Replies: 3937
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •