MEMBER LOGIN

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Default 7 Reasons Why Your Muscles Stop Growing (Or Won’t Grow)

Hello, I would like to mention this to begginers who are just starting out or may be lifting for a couple of months and got stuck with muscle grow.

For those who are just starting out, take this tips and don’t do the mistakes mentioned here.

So, here we go :

1. You may be overtraining

Intensive training leads to muscle breakdown. Each time you put them in overdrive, you also need to provide them with sufficient time to recover from the inflected damages. Consequently, it’s best to train each muscle group once or twice a week.

2. Your training sessions are too long

While you should maintain high level of intensity, your training sessions should not exceed the hour mark. This is due to the fact that cortisol levels rise after 45 minutes of intensive workout. One of the nasty properties of this hormone is that it destroys the muscle cells.

3. You are not getting enough sleep

Good night sleep is one of the topmost requirements for good muscle growth. Sleep provides the muscles with time to recover and grow. Providing your body with 8 hours sleep every night will prompt muscle growth.

4. You consume too much alcohol

Alcohol can destroy your muscle mass and has a range of other health adverse properties.

Also, If you think that training after beying drunk is a good idea you might be mistaken.

Your testoteron is very low and your training is pretty much a waste if you are looking for Muscle Mass.

5. You stick to the same workout protocol/program

After 6 or 8 weeks of doing the same workout protocol you must change your routine. Muscles are known to adapt to workout routines, and as a result, their growth is halted.

6. You are not applying progressive overload to your muscles

To achieve steady muscle growth you need to gradually increase either the reps or the weight each next training of a specific muscle growth. Otherwise, you rob your muscles of the reason to grow.

7.You’re not consuming enough proteins

Proteins are the basis for building big muscles. Lack of proteins will result in hindered muscle growth. The recommended dose is 1 gram of protein for each pound of body weight. So, if you want to stimulate your muscle growth, pack your diet with protein rich foods, or supplement your protein intake with shakes.

All in all these are the 7 major factors that might have caused your muscles to stop growing. Knowing them, and learning how to deal with them will help any average bodybuilding beginner overcome the main obstacle in fast muscle growth.
    Last edited by StrengthVsSize; 10-01-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    "Suffer The Pain Of Discipline, Or Suffer The Pain Of Regret"

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Agreed!! sometime spending too much time on workout gain us nothing. We should do exercises, but not in excess that will not going to benefit us.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Thank you Rebecca for your positivite feedback !

I would say if you train for strength you can do even 1,5 - 2 hours training sessions.

But again, if you want to gain muscle mass this might not be the right "plan" for you becouse of mentioned "cortisol".

• Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Exactly and we should keep on switching our workout plan so that our body don't get habitual of it.

• Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

While there is some good info in the above posts, there are a few points that are no longer considered correct as the current evidence disputes them. I'd revisit your stance on cortisol and changing routines every 6-8 weeks. These are both pretty off.
    Don’t chase the 1%, there is no magic training routine or diet that’s going to provide any measurable results over the basic principles for getting huge and strong: Train heavy, eat and sleep more.

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Thank you very much, will definitely check that out. Sorry for that mistake.

Frequent Poster
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Performance
    • Training Log

Some good stuff here. In the end, beginners really need to focus on #3, #6, and #7 (expanded to calories as well). That's where they and the majority of people training will see the best results

• Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Yeah absolutely ! Thank you, I really appreciate your positive feedback !

M&S Senior Member IvanTheTerible's Avatar
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

Quote Originally Posted by EKnight View Post
    While there is some good info in the above posts, there are a few points that are no longer considered correct as the current evidence disputes them. I'd revisit your stance on cortisol and changing routines every 6-8 weeks. These are both pretty off.

I think it's great to make a post with intention of inspiring and educating the new lifter on the forum....

But the main thing I see with new lifters , which is a huge problem..... They want too complex of a program , they hear that such and such person got great results from "xxx" program and they want to emulate and repeat this for themselves.... Great on paper , but paper don't make gains !

I always just suggest to start out with what's realistic within the members time schedule , and current physical caps along with trying to adhere to a solid diet.... Combine with progressive resistance training on a consistent basis and they will see gains galore...

I remember I did nearly the same workout for almost a year... I made large gains at first and then small gains every week or two.... 1% or 2% here and there until I finally Achieved my 1000lb for the big three lifts!!!!

Peoples expectation need to be checked , it's not a sprint it's a marathon
    + + =

" Lifting HEAVY is relative to your body's ability to MAINTAIN FORM while your preforming the GOD DAMN MOVEMENT " Yo Elliot "

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Get Fit

hey I have been working out for more than one year and got some results. But lately lost some muscles because of the marathon practice and I feel bad about it. Now I wanna have another round or intense training. So I wanna make a new plan and work out deit plan. But i have no idea about it. Do you have any advice or can you recommend some good work out diet websites and work out plans making websites?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

thank you