MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default What to do as an ectomorph?

I just turned 17 (like a few days ago), and my weight shifts from 59-61kg (130.073-134.482lbs). I am about 1.85m (185.42 inches) I know that I'm an ectomorph from my slim physique, but I don't know what to do to bring up my weight to a fixed point, whether that be fat or muscle. I've been doing training and stuff, and I can see the muscle appearing, but my weight is always staying around the same area, not moving. I've been doing squats, sit ups and pushups and dips, plus the occasional weights. I don't eat TOO much, cause I get full pretty quickly.

Am I doing something wrong? I just can't seem to hold onto weight, and I don't know what to do. Help or tips would be great!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Eat, Lift , rest...Repeat

There's lots of us that were where you are Niceptic. My advice to you comes from personal experience. Eat more. Even if you get full quickly, find a way to add more protein to your diet. Whey protein shakes can be an excellent way to do it as a supplement to your diet.

Also, lift more weights. The best advice I can offer to anyone is to lift for strength and the size will build. Stay consistent and set your goals. Work as hard as you can to get what you want. If you do not have access to weights or proper equipment. There are several ways to put on mass with well designed Body weight programs you can find on the M&S website. Read them and then just eat, lift, rest, repeat.

I struggled to put on weight for a long time. I finally realized that there were two things I was missing... enough protein and enough rest. I used to be pretty athletic, worked construction and just burned every calorie I consumed lifting and doing those other recreational sports and activities. I was at least 500 -700 calories under what I should have been eating and I would guess 30-40 grams of protein short too.

Eat, Lift , Rest ...repeat

Hope this helps.. if not. keep reading and learning from some of the articles on M&S and other resources.
    Last edited by Rodg64; 03-05-2017 at 10:55 PM. Reason: replace a word to make it make sense

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Not sure if you ever figured it out, but I have some more advice on this topic. One mistake that a lot of people make is focusing way too much on lifting and not enough on diet. When I was trying to put on weight, I didn't pay too much attention to how much protein and calories I was getting and just assumed that everything would fall into place as long as I worked out properly and consistently.

Do yourself a favor and actually track your macros and calories. Put a serious effort into eating; I also couldn't really force myself to eat a lot, but over time you can increase your stomach capacity and make yourself eat more. If you don't get serious about your diet, you won't see much progress. I think this is a pretty helpful guide on a diet for ectomorphs if you're not really sure what maintaining your diet actually means. Hope that helped!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Talking Will tell you my story

[QUOTE=WheytLifter;1091953]Not sure if you ever figured it out, but I have some more advice on this topic. One mistake that a lot of people make is focusing way too much on lifting and not enough on diet. When I was trying to put on weight, I didn't pay too much attention to how much protein and calories I was getting and just assumed that everything would fall into place as long as I worked out properly and consistently.

When I was 18 I weighed 60 kg (181 cm). For me it was a huge problem to gain weight. And one day my best friend which knew about my problems with it and sent me the article about connection between smoking and weight on Vapingdaily. And was shoked because I had smoked a lot for 3-4 years. So I quit with it immidiatly by cold turkey. You have to find out you maintain weight there are a lot of great calculators for that. Than add to this calories +- 400 calories per day. And gain weight correctly. +500g. every week this is great result! WIsh you all the best!