MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Default Elbow & Wrist Pain. Recent gut problems and Vitamin D deficiency

Hi all.

I have been lifting relatively stable (increasing very slowly) to just stay in good shape over the years I have been training, however I have upped the weights and intensity recently to pack on some muscle mass, I'd say since about March last year.

I have been using Whey Isolate and creatine monohydrate (pre or post workout); with zinc & magnesium supplementation during meals.

The specific injuries I have had are the elbow and wrist on my left arm, can feel it especially when "curling" or holding my gym bag with the left hand!. This occurred a two weeks ago.

Is this "tennis elbow" due to the heavier weights I have been lifting?

In combination with this (don't know if this contributes/is the main reason/worsens the situation), I have been suffering with IBS type symptoms since mid November. After several blood tests, stool tests and diet adjustments (I have cut out cheese and use lactose free milk), I am pretty much back to normal. All tests came back normal, but the doctor did say I had a large Vitamin D deficiency and I have been prescribed some pretty super strength prescription Vit D by the doctors to get me back up to normal levels. i also live in rainy old England, where sunlight is a rare commodity.

Anyone with any insight or knowledge on this?

Thanks

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

For any sort of elbow problem or pain there are different ways to get relief. You can do some stretching, heating, counter force brace and wrist immobilization brace to get relief from acute pain. If you have already tried some of these solutions then it is better to show the doctor.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      More Strength

Hi guys thanks for the responses.

I have laid off the gym for a week, performed stretches and have been taking the vitamin D prescribed but my elbow and wrists still feel tight/uncomfortable.

Could my vitamin D deficiency have lead to the injury in the first place and does it have an effect on joint discomfort/tendons?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I play golf and suffer from elbow pain in the joint, I was really worried as it’s something I could not live without. I went to see my gp with no solution. After researching the best treatments I went to see Dr Zanasi on his Resume Stem Cells clinic in London and had elbow arthroscopy with a stem cell treatment, I had no downtime and the recovery was very easy. I would recommend you to see him in his clinic, definitely changed my life.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Another type offers procedures such as injections and nerve blocks. These procedures are usually performed by an anesthesiologist, most often for specific problems such as low back or neck pain.