MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Trapped in weak ass dumbbell city

I've been working out (mostly cardio) for 6 months, i've gone from 217 lbs down to 187 lbs, doing cardio 6 days a week for an hour at a time. i started to wanna get serious about weight lifting, not becoming a meathead, just getting nice definition and strength. I'm still sort of, well, fat around my midsection, i'm starting to see actual small humps for biceps when i where tee shirts now, like i don't even flex and the hump is there, progress right? that's just from doing 25 pound dumbbells every other day 3 sets of ten reps - i do just basic bicep curls and then overhead presses. I WANTED to do incline dumbbell bench presses but couldn't figure out how to lower the incline part, ended up twisting the knob off lol then when i screwed it back on i tried simply pulling the incline part up......no dice, sooooo low and behold......back to ol' tried and true - 25 pound dumbbells.....now to put it in perspective, i started out only being about to lift 15 lbs, then after month 1 20 lbs and now month 2 - 25 pounds.......i feel like im trapped in weak ass dumbbell city i watch countless fitness and body building youtubers to stay motivated but whenever i get to the weights, i simply dont know what the **** i'm doing i cant afford a personal trainer and i really just wanna do it by myself........well i mean lol i want someone to physically show me how to do stuff and let me try it and then tell me if my form is for ****.

• Years Exp
      20+ Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPoe View Post
    I've been working out (mostly cardio) for 6 months, i've gone from 217 lbs down to 187 lbs, doing cardio 6 days a week for an hour at a time. i started to wanna get serious about weight lifting, not becoming a meathead, just getting nice definition and strength. I'm still sort of, well, fat around my midsection, i'm starting to see actual small humps for biceps when i where tee shirts now, like i don't even flex and the hump is there, progress right? that's just from doing 25 pound dumbbells every other day 3 sets of ten reps - i do just basic bicep curls and then overhead presses. I WANTED to do incline dumbbell bench presses but couldn't figure out how to lower the incline part, ended up twisting the knob off lol then when i screwed it back on i tried simply pulling the incline part up......no dice, sooooo low and behold......back to ol' tried and true - 25 pound dumbbells.....now to put it in perspective, i started out only being about to lift 15 lbs, then after month 1 20 lbs and now month 2 - 25 pounds.......i feel like im trapped in weak ass dumbbell city i watch countless fitness and body building youtubers to stay motivated but whenever i get to the weights, i simply dont know what the **** i'm doing i cant afford a personal trainer and i really just wanna do it by myself........well i mean lol i want someone to physically show me how to do stuff and let me try it and then tell me if my form is for ****.
    Hi, for exercise technique, take a look at all the exercise video's in the video section at the top of the page

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises
    Doug

Not Joined The Forum Yet?? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

* My Articles and Workouts Page - Click Here

* My fitness Centre Site - www.gemini-fitness-centre.co.uk

* My Nutrition & Diet site - Coming Soon

"You can't out-train a lousy diet"