MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Startup Idea (Bamboo Fitness Clothes)? Good idea?

Hello All!

I have an idea for an eCommerce store I thought I would get some opinions on. Here it is.

Bamboo Fitness Wear (eCommerce Store)
    Bamboo is ideal for use in workout clothing as it is: sustainable/eco-friendly, moisture wicking, naturally anti-bacterial/anti-odor, temperature regulating, hypoallergenic, and incredibly soft to the touch. My brand would take these bamboo clothing products which already available on the market, redesign them to appeal specifically to fitness enthusiasts using eye-catching colors and designs, and market them specifically to people interested in trying a unique fitness product with the aforementioned benefits. Imagine products like those products by gymshark but made of bamboo blends, and a bit higher quality. I would start with shirts and gym shorts, constructed for durability and cut to accentuate athletic builds.

Thoughts? Would you buy this? Why or why not? What could be changed to make you buy this?

Thanks in advance guys!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Performance

When it comes to things like this it's all about your branding.

Simply telling people "IT'S MADE OF BAMBOO" won't necessarily be that helpful.

You'll have to start by building some sort of presence or following. Your best bet would be IG, especially if you decide to start with fitness clothing.

Fill your account with some quality pictures of your clothing. Throw in pics of people actually wearing in the gym or doing yoga or whatever you decide.

Start reaching out to some fitness peeps with solid followings. nothing to crazy like 1M+ followers. Chances are they won't care about you or your brand.

Maybe stick with people under 100k followers, these people will love to work with you.

Hit them up and offer them some free merchandise in exchange ask them to simply give you a shoutout with them wearing your clothing.

All the while make sure you open an add account with FB, they own IG. You'll be able to track all the people who engage with your page and posts then run ads directly to them to advertise your products.

Then as your following grows and you get more familiar with FB and IG ads you can start targeting more fitness audiences in general to reach more people

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

It sounds very innovative and economical. however, you should also consider the supply for the long run. If it proven to be effective and was able to capture the interest of the customers, it will get many sales. good luck to your business!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      2-3 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

like previous comment said, brand it and target a certain demographic. Have a gimmick to go along with it, and you'l be laughing to the bank