MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Beginner With Some Questions

1) Can building muscle slim my face still since technically Iím not having a deficit in my calories because Iím building muscle?

2.) I do one leg day a week and 3 upper body trainings but can I still burn fat in my legs even though I donít focus on them because they are naturally big?

3.) Iím 140ish pounds and I plan to basically burn my fat and replace it with muscle, just to be clear from what Iíve heard, I can do that? Because Iím making sure Iím consuming more calories than I burn so I can put on muscle but at the same time does that still burn fat?

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

From my own experience, I train 5 times a week in which I strength train and do metabolic training. I believe it is of much value to alternate your work outs weekly. For example, do a mix of lower body/upper body and dedicate a few days for cardio. This work out for me has shown results in loosing body fat in areas while increasing stamina/strength. Also it is good to keep in mind that in order to increase muscle mass and burn fat you need to be focusing 80% on diet and 20% on the actual workout. Protein consumption is a huge portion of gaining muscle! I hope this is of some help! I am a bit new to this as well, but I have been working out for many years. I just have a question for you though, what exercises are you currently doing? what does your diet consist of? how many reps and at what weight are you completing work outs in? Knowing some more information will help others understand what your fitness goals are and how we can be of assistance!

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      5-10 Years
    • Goal
      Lose Weight

As your body burns more fat and gains more lean muscle mass, you will technically get a slim face (depending on how much fat your face has). Then as you get more lean muscle mass, your metabolism will increase, again burning more fat so your body whole body composition will change, legs and all