MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Get Fit

Default Bodyweight/Resistance Bands Home Workouts

I'm looking for some help. I've watched too many videos on YouTube looking for workouts, advice, tips, tricks, etc. looking for advice on how to workout at home, so I figured I'd join a forum to see if I can have any better luck.

I'm 34, 5'9, and last time I weighed myself I was at around 205 lbs. I come from a family where the men get pregnant in their mid-30s, and it's happening. I also have a nice, easy desk job, so I sit all day at work. I used to have jobs where I'd actually be active, but I went to school and got a "good job," and it's making me fat. It also doesn't help that I travel quite a bit for my job, so I often eat garbage food because it's quick, easy, and it's on the way. I know that those two things (sitting for a living and eating fast food) is basically killing me. I used to be a smoker, but I've recently given that up (so far. I've "quit" about 10 times). I'm working on fixing the eating thing, and I can't do much of anything about the job thing, so I'm here looking for advice to get in shape.

I have a membership to Anytime Fitness, but I'm kinda greedy in that I don't want to wait to use weights/machines. I've tried to find times where there aren't really any other people, but I'm not having any success. I know I can work out either super late or super early, but I have a job where I am usually at least an hour from home, and I'm not guaranteed to get off on time, so there is no set time that I get home usually. Also, my wife also travels to work and gets home late, so we really only have about three-four hours a day through the week that we can spend time together, and I'd like to keep those hours.

All of that being said, I am looking for body-weight exercises, or resistance bands workout advice. I have a set of resistance bands that I have kinda-sorta used, but I never really got into them. I've also used body-weight exercises. I was doing Insanity for a bit, and it was working great for cardio, but I just kinda fell out of it.

I'm not looking to get "ripped" or "shredded" or "jacked" or any of that. I do want to get rid of the belly I have, but I don't really care about getting an 8-pack of abs. I'd like to gain strength over "looking hot," and I'm not really looking to get big, either. Basically, I'm wondering what your thoughts are on body-weight and resistance bands exercises, and if they're worth doing to mainly gain strength.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Resistance band workout is a great addition to any strength training routine. Here are some benefits of resistance bands:

You can get a full-body workout. And you can add variety and intensity to your strength-training exercises using resistance bands.
    Resistance bands are inexpensive. It is easy to store and perfect for exercising while traveling.
    Resistance training increases muscle strength by making your muscles work against a weight or force. There are many forms of resistance training – free weights, weight machines, resistance bands and your own body weight. A beginner needs to train two or three times per week to gain the most benefit. If you’re performing resistant band workout to gain muscles then prefer to have the muscle building supplement like MaxNo to see the better results.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hey man, I know the struggle. I found myself in that same situation not too long ago. I used to go to the gym for hours, but as they say "life happens" and life gets busy. I'd recommend two things. The first being HIIT. High intensity interval training. This can be as simple as sprinting 30 yards, walking back to starting position, sprinting 30 yards, walking back to starting position, and repeating 10-12 times. It's a good way of getting your heart rate up, burning fat, and increasing your health. The second I would recommend is body weight workouts. I recently have been doing a program called body weight-beast. It's great because I can do it at home in my free time. It consists of full body, body weight exercises. Ex. push ups, planks, high knees, etc. It's quick, easy, and will give you results. Check it out and read up if interested. I'll attach the link.

Hope this helps!

https://bit.ly/2OGL6jB
    James Peterson, New Jersey, Changing the game of fitness

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

That is really good advice. A combination of bodyweight and resistance band workouts can be done at home easily.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I started doing the X3 by Jaquish.

Itís expensive but it uses super heavy bands, a bar and platform.

Another exercise option is the T2 ISO Trainer. It uses an elastic band, works by isokinetic resistance and you can do suspension exercises like a TRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro