MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      < 6 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Help with my bicep problem

So last August I decided to do something and change my life. I started eating a keto diet and from August to January I went from 294 to just around 200. In February, I decided I should start working out to help things along as I felt good enough about myself to finally go to the gym. Today I weigh just around 169 to 172 depending if my carb intake goes above 50 grams which is just low carb and not keto. Anyway when I started lifting I could do 20 pounds dumbbells easy so I went to 25s and I could not hit my 10 reps like at all even on my first set. Since then I have been incorporating negatives with 30s in after I hit my failure and found that I could actually lift the 30s as well and somehow I hit the same number of reps on 30 lbs as I did with 25lbs. I will say that my left side is really the only side that struggles. No matter what I do he seems to just get tuckered out after 6/7 reps no matter what but I can do 12 reps with 20 lbs. It has been a few months and I am wondering why I just don't seem to be making any improvement on my biceps when all of my other muscles have increased so much. Is it a diet thing or do I need to do something to get over a brain block or what. Any help would be awesome.

I hit biceps 2/3 times a week, if that helps or matters any.

Coming Up The Ranks
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

I think you are getting worried for no good reason. Look at the gains you made. Moving from 294 lbs to 200lbs is not a mean achievement. Moving further to 169 means that your body has literally done what it should do. It has lost the maximum weight it could lose. So don’t expect more. As for lifting, you moved from 20 lbs to 25 lbs to 30 lbs. again this is the maximum you can do. So don’t punish yourself for wanting to do more. Be content with the achievements and give your body time. You will be shocked that one day you will manage to lift 40lbs.

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      Just Started
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by mateo86 View Post
    So last August I decided to do something and change my life. I started eating a keto diet and from August to January I went from 294 to just around 200. In February, I decided I should start working out to help things along as I felt good enough about myself to finally go to the gym. Today I weigh just around 169 to 172 depending if my carb intake goes above 50 grams which is just low carb and not keto. Anyway when I started lifting I could do 20 pounds dumbbells easy so I went to 25s and I could not hit my 10 reps like at all even on my first set. Since then I have been incorporating negatives with 30s in after I hit my failure and found that I could actually lift the 30s as well and somehow I hit the same number of reps on 30 lbs as I did with 25lbs. I will say that my left side is really the only side that struggles. No matter what I do he seems to just get tuckered out after 6/7 reps no matter what but I can do 12 reps with 20 lbs. It has been a few months and I am wondering why I just don't seem to be making any improvement on my biceps when all of my other muscles have increased so much. Is it a diet thing or do I need to do something to get over a brain block or what. Any help would be awesome.

I hit biceps 2/3 times a week, if that helps or matters any.
    I'm impressed! I also recommend keto diet to somebody here in this forum site. Yes, it's really effective!