MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Please suggest a workout routine for my circumstances

Hi all,
    I am 28 Years old, 5"11 and 135 lbs (66 kg). Have always been a weak ectomorph. Planning to start working out again. I have worked out before but never for more than 2-3 months at a time.

The challenge is my job which is very taxing mentally and also I work almost 12 hours a day at least 1-2 days a week especially Mondays and work 6 days a week. Whatever little energy is left when I'm done with work is consumed in daily commute which is 2 hours by train - standing up all the time and then getting off and walking 15 minutes to and from the office in 50 degree heat.

So needless to say I can only manage to workout 3 times a day at most. I was thinking of starting a full body workout from this site but since my work load is less on my Saturday and day off on Friday, I don't think working back to back full body workouts won't be a good idea. Other possible days are Wednesdays and Thursdays.

So what would you guys suggest for a workout? I personally like full body workouts more.

• Years Exp
      3-4 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Quote Originally Posted by despair1 View Post
    Hi all,
    I am 28 Years old, 5"11 and 135 lbs (66 kg). Have always been a weak ectomorph. Planning to start working out again. I have worked out before but never for more than 2-3 months at a time.

The challenge is my job which is very taxing mentally and also I work almost 12 hours a day at least 1-2 days a week especially Mondays and work 6 days a week. Whatever little energy is left when I'm done with work is consumed in daily commute which is 2 hours by train - standing up all the time and then getting off and walking 15 minutes to and from the office in 50 degree heat.

So needless to say I can only manage to workout 3 times a day at most. I was thinking of starting a full body workout from this site but since my work load is less on my Saturday and day off on Friday, I don't think working back to back full body workouts won't be a good idea. Other possible days are Wednesdays and Thursdays.

So what would you guys suggest for a workout? I personally like full body workouts more.
    Hi despair1,

I say you go by the feel, only you know what is best for you. Keep on testing.

Just joined M&S
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hey man, I see this was posted a while ago, but if you still want help putting something together I'd be happy to make a few suggestions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Hey man based on your situation I'd recommend some body weight exercises to get you back in the routine. I've recently been following a workout called body weight beast by Chris Wilson and I've seen some great results already. It doesn't take up much time at all. I fit in the workouts on my lunch break or whenever I have a few minutes to myself. It's also very convenient because it doesn't require a gym membership so you save money and still get in shape. If you can only workout 3 times a week. This may be good for you and they are full body workouts. Here's the link if you want to take a look:

https://bit.ly/2OGL6jB

Let me know what you think, I hope it helps man.
    James Peterson, New Jersey, Changing the game of fitness