MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      10-20 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Unhappy Forearm pain, no tennis or golfer's elbow, what is it?

Hello all -

Almost three months ago, I hurt my left arm doing bicep curls. This is my first big injury and I never had anything similar other than the occasional pain in both forearms that was very minimal pain and went away quickly.

I went online to try to self diagnose the injury and came to the conclusion that it's not tennis or golfer's elbow. I tried all the self-tests for both and my forearm never hurt or felt any discomfort. I have been doing all kind of exercises that are commonly recommended for tennis/golfer's elbow but it is not helping after almost three months, this is another indicator that what I have is something else.

Description of what movement causes of the pain:
    - While standing or sitting, my arm in natural position perpendicular to the floor. Doing the bicep curl movement while holding tiny dumbbell (1 to 5 pounds). The pain starts when my forearm is parallel to the floor and increases while I keep moving to the final position of the bicep curl. The most painful point is in the last position of bicep curl where the lower end of the biceps makes contact with the higher end of the forearm.
    - It also hurts doing the bicep curl movement without holding any dumbbell or weight when I make a very strong fist
    - It also hurts doing the bicep curl movement using my other hand as a resistance (very light resistance will make it hurt) while I do the movement

Description of the pain:
    - It is hard to describe where it is localized but seems that the main pain point is in the forearm area immediately after the elbow joint (the ticker part of the forearm) and radiates down to the mid section of the forearm and up to the elbow area.
    - It is hard as well to describe if it's internal or external, it feels more like internal pain. I cannot make it hurt by simply putting pressure with my fingers (like usually happens with tennis or golfer's elbow)

What do you think this might be?
    I wonder what else could be my problem? Maybe cracked bone, damaged muscle or nerve?

I will go to the doctor if I cannot figure it out soon but was wondering if some of you might know.

I can't wait to go back to the gym, I have though about only working out my other arm but I would look like a weirdo having an arm bigger than the other.

Thanks for your help!

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Your best bet is to go see a doctor. Asking medical questions on a forum is not the smartest idea because you will get several different answers as to what your problem is and none of them may be correct. You probably strained something when lifting the weights which will require medical attention and probably a break from the gym but again, go see a doctor and get a proper diagnosis.