MEMBER LOGIN

Just joined M&S
    • Years Exp
      6-12 Months
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Default Toning & Losing Stomach Fat

Hey everyone,

I attend Orange Theory 2x/week for "maintenance" purposes, and I also attempt to eat fairly well and "clean" obviously that means different for everyone. For those aren't familiar, Orange Theory is HIIT (30 mins high cardio, 30 mins of weight training).

I have definitely noticed a difference and the last month or so I have really been focusing more on my diet trying to tone up and become more lean. I just can't seem to get rid of the stomach fat very quickly, we have a vacation coming up and I would really like it to be nearly non-existent by the time we go in the beginning of January. I don't currently use any supplements.

I am 23 (M), about 6 feet tall and around 147lbs. I don't want to build huge muscle mass, I just want to fill out a little more but also shed the fat. I don't think I workout quite enough to warrant consuming tons and tons of calories to bulk up so I guess the question I am really trying to ask is: does anyone have any advice on diet, an addition or change to my workout style or frequency, or any supplements that will speed this process up of losing this belly fat and building a little more lean muscle.

Thanks in advance guys!

• Years Exp
      1-2 Years
    • Goal
      Build Muscle

Sounds like you have a good exercise routine so definitely keep doing that, however, do not become a creature of habit. Change up your exercise routine from time to time to stimulate different parts of your muscles. When you do the same exercises all the time, your body gets used to it which means you will burn fewer calories than you did before with the same exercise. I would also recommend that you use creatine. Creatine will increase your energy allowing you to work harder at the gym and thus allowing you to build lean muscle.